Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
GDT is up

Reactions: Summer Rose

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Oh well, not worried. Not going to take 2 on the road and saw no sign of the massive, imposing Ranger-beasts that were supposedly going to physically crush the Canes into submission leaving them wrecked on the ice and gun-shy.

What I did see was great Ranger PP execution on blown Canes coverage plus Andersen with a couple slumpy ones.

If Canes stay out of the box and plug the leaks, they'll be fine.

Reactions: Chan790

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Oh well, not worried. Not going to take 2 on the road and saw no sign of the massive, imposing Ranger-beasts that were supposedly going to physically crush the Canes into submission leaving them wrecked on the ice and gun-shy.

What I did see was great Ranger PP execution on blown Canes coverage plus Andersen with a couple slumpy ones.

I agree. I liked Carolina's pushback in the 3rd and they did get better as the game went on. Got punched in the gut in the first but responded nicely.

Get next game and go from there.

Very unusual for them to blow coverage like that on the penalty kill. I don't expect to see that again.

It's one game and a series is not defined by 1 game.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014

Going to be a long series.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The game showed again weaknessess both teams have had

For Carolina it’s the lack of game changers on offense still. Hard to see them to all the way to the Cup because of it, they are an elite team but struggle to score when it really matters the most

Reactions: Sdevils42

noncents

Feb 25, 2022

oh my god you copied and pasted this lmao.

never ceases to amaze me how for some fans, evaluating the on ice play isn't enough. It needs to be woven into some straw man context or narrative invented for the purposes of transforming defeats into moral victories and victories into timeless triumphs.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The Game 1 answer to the “the Canes have evened up the special teams gap!” commentary was a resounding “oh no! No they have not!”

Honestly, pretty even game outside of that. Even if NYR continues to win the special teams battle it won’t always be that pronounced of a gap, and the Canes did some good things in periods 2 and 3 to pull the fanbase away from the ledge. I’ll take away the positives I guess.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019

Do you expect 0 penalties called? They got the favorable whistle. Guess we will see if they get it every game.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019

If I am not mistaken, you are the cup favorite. If anything Canes don't seem to be the beasts that people say they are.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
The game showed again weaknessess both teams have had

For Carolina it’s the lack of game changers on offense still. Hard to see them to all the way to the Cup because of it, they are an elite team but struggle to score when it really matters the most

Well...we have Guentzel. But for some odd reason he's been kinda unGuentzel like in these playoffs thus far.

He does have 5 points in 6 games (assist tonight) but to this point he hasn't been the game breaker he was traded here for.

I'm sure that will change as the series goes on. I don't see him being goal less for long in this series.

Reactions: NorthStar4Canes

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Well...we have Guentzel. But for some odd reason he's been kinda unGuentzel like in these playoffs thus far.

He does have 5 points in 6 games (assist tonight) but to this point he hasn't been the game breaker he was traded here for.

I'm sure that will change as the series goes on. I don't see him being goal less for long in this series.
Funny what not playing with Crosby does to people.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
The narrative of the “Canes pushback” is curious. Did you expect to Carolina turtle? And of course the Rangers played back trying to protect a lead.

Game went about as planned for two even teams where one is up 3-1 after one period

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Funny what not playing with Crosby does to people.

No, it's not Crosby.

During the regular season he clicked really well with Aho and Jarvis...but that line has since been broken up due to the Fast injury. Svechnikov is on his other wing and it hasn't clicked since the change. Svech and Aho haven't gelled in the past when they were put together. For some reason those two (Aho and Svech) do not have any chemistry.

He had 8 goals and 25 points in 17 games when he came over because all of that time he was with Aho and Jarvis on his other wing.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthStar4Canes

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
No, it's not Crosby. But...you can have your opinion.

During the regular season he clicked really well with Aho and Jarvis...but that line has since been broken up due to the Fast injury. Svechnikov is on his other wing and it hasn't clicked since the change. Svech and Aho haven't gelled in the past when they were put together. For some reason those two (Aho and Svech) do not have any chemistry.

He had 8 goals and 25 points in 17 games when he came over because all of that time he was with Aho and Jarvis on his other wing.
If only he could play against the caps, blues, senators, Islanders every game...

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I firmly believe that even if the Rangers were up 3-0 in the Cup Final, people would still be posting here about how flawed they are and how they aren’t built for the playoffs.

For that to be true they’d actually have to be doing that in droves right now. Which they’re not. This thread is filled with people saying “even matchup but the Rangers find a way to win”, and in fact despite the Vegas odds being in the Hurricanes favor, the Rangers “won” the poll in this very thread predicting who will win.

You’re victim complexing despite being a fan of a very, very good team who is currently up 1-0 in the second round.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
For that to be true they’d actually have to be doing that in droves right now. Which they’re not. This thread is filled with people saying “even matchup but the Rangers find a way to win”, and in fact despite the Vegas odds being in the Hurricanes favor, the Rangers “won” the poll in this very thread predicting who will win.

You’re victim complexing despite being a fan of a very, very good team who is currently up 1-0 in the second round.
The poll reflects the number of fans of each respective team on this site. Nothing more. Everyone has the Rangers as underdogs this series. Despite home ice advantage.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
If I am not mistaken, you are the cup favorite. If anything Canes don't seem to be the beasts that people say they are.
Anyone predicting the outcome of NHL playoffs are either bookmakers (looking to make money), employed to construct filler commentary for the sake of the industry, or haven't seen enough NHL playoffs.

You really should learn to take such predictions, good or bad, with a grain of salt. They actually play the playoffs for a reason.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad