Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
There isn't a PK in the league that can stop the Rangers powerplay, i don't give a shit who you put out there at forward and defense. Carolina better stay out of the box

I wouldn’t be that confident. Even the best PPs are capable of a bad week at the office. Case in point, the Rangers went 1 for 18 against the New Jersey PK last year in Games 3-7.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
in terms of penalty disparity the Rangers were 14th at home and 9th on the road when talking about PP to times shorthanded ratio. Canes were 21st and 22nd, respectively.
Yet in the end, the Canes had to kill less penalties and they received more.

Maybe we should all let the series play out before whining about calls.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The Fox lingering knee injury is slightly concerning. He is still hurting from Aho's egregious kneeing incident from way back on November 2. Aho never answered the bell, and I'm sure the Rangers have a long memory.
I know people will roll their eyes at this and say "it wasn't a knee, it was fine, what are you talking about!" but I very much wouldn't be surprised if in the Rangers locker room they aren't thinking to themselves to throw something extra Aho's way as payback.
I don't think they'll go out their way to target him with dirty hits, but he better keep his head up and not put himself in a bad spot

HydratedByStormBrew

Sep 26, 2022
Rally, NC
Is fox ready to answer the bell for trying to trip aho earlier in the year and injuring himself?

Also, can’t wait to read on here about that rempae(spelling?) guy’s five minutes of ice time a game and chasing hits about how it is definitely the most impactful 5 minutes of ice time ever played in the nhl.

Reactions: Summer Rose

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
The Fox lingering knee injury is slightly concerning. He is still hurting from Aho's egregious kneeing incident from way back on November 2. Aho never answered the bell, and I'm sure the Rangers have a long memory.
nah i hope everyone is past that

Is fox ready to answer the bell for trying to trip aho earlier in the year and injuring himself?
guess not lol

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Yet in the end, the Canes had to kill less penalties and they received more.

Maybe we should all let the series play out before whining about calls.
no one is whining about calls. its okay to have numbers and discuss them. Its okay that you ignore it without speaking falsely in the future tho.

and you are wrong about the canes killing less penalties than recieved.

Canes were a -9 in PPs versus times shorthanded.

Rangers were +14, in case you were interested.

nhl.com/stats is the source

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Seems more like two guys who didn't see each other and couldn't get out of each other's way. They both swerve towards each other and then away. It's like when two people are walking towards each other and do that weird awkward shuffle dance. But when you're on skating and move faster contact is gonna happen.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
I know people will roll their eyes at this and say "it wasn't a knee, it was fine, what are you talking about!" but I very much wouldn't be surprised if in the Rangers locker room they aren't thinking to themselves to throw something extra Aho's way as payback.
I don't think they'll go out their way to target him with dirty hits, but he better keep his head up and not put himself in a bad spot
Yeah, I just meant that Aho should expect Rempe and company to finish every check on him.

Reactions: Summer Rose

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I just meant that Aho should expect Rempe and company to finish every check on him.
If Rempe is on the ice with Aho at the same time the puck is probably gonna find it's way going towards/in the Rangers net. Don't think that's a great matchup to play... but I do get your sentiment on the finishing checks thing. That's fine. It's hockey. It's the playoffs. That's what you're supposed to do.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
This Aho/Fox thing reminds me of how Boston fans reacted when Svechnikov literally decked Lindholm in the first round in 2022. Everyone was saying it was dirty including Boston's famous broadcaster.

Looking at the video it was a clean hit and even the announcers on television said it was a clean shoulder to chest hit.

The Aho incident was clearly an accidental knee on knee.

It was an unfortunate incident. Happens all the time in hockey and unfortunately Fox got injured.

Time to move on.

Reactions: cptjeff

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
NYR should take this in 6 games or less. Like FLA they don't have many weaknesses. Carolina is a tough team to beat, however I don't think they are as good as NYR and NYR have a pretty big special teams advantage. It will be a very physical series. Really excited to watch these two great teams go at it.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
There isn't a PK in the league that can stop the Rangers powerplay, i don't give a shit who you put out there at forward and defense. Carolina better stay out of the box

Last year Gallant was coach and he literally lost the series for us. I wouldn't put too much stock into that series

How about more recent numbers for you? NY was 1/10 vs Carolina's PK this year.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
During the season? Meaningless. Give us 4-5 powerplays a game and see what happens

Maybe...but it goes to show you that the Rangers PP is not the juggernaut you claim it is and Carolina's PK is not as bad as you claim it to be.

Carolina is NOT Washington.

Reactions: cptjeff

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
If Rempe is on the ice with Aho at the same time the puck is probably gonna find it's way going towards/in the Rangers net. Don't think that's a great matchup to play... but I do get your sentiment on the finishing checks thing. That's fine. It's hockey. It's the playoffs. That's what you're supposed to do.
Imagine thinking hockey is this simple

Maybe...but it goes to show you that the Rangers PP is not the juggernaut you claim it is and Carolina's PK is not as bad as you claim it to be.

Carolina is NOT Washington.
Rangers aren't the Islanders. See you soon

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Imagine thinking hockey is this simple

Rangers aren't the Islanders. See you soon
Lol.... imagine thinking you can send out frankenstein's monster to go up against skilled top line players and they won't get embarrassed on the ice.

NYR should take this in 6 games or less. Like FLA they don't have many weaknesses. Carolina is a tough team to beat, however I don't think they are as good as NYR and NYR have a pretty big special teams advantage. It will be a very physical series. Really excited to watch these two great teams go at it.
How come Carolina had better PP and PK stats than the Rangers this year though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00