Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Shesterkin is elite, The Rangers feed off it. They have the forwards/scheme to prioritize high danger chances over medium changer chances.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Shesterkin is good but I'll be a heretic and say Kochetkov made more of a difference in the result than he did.
Shesterkins best save was stick vs Staal.
Kochetkov had several poke check s and saves that to me were harder then Shesties
Also borne out by the hdsc's
And until the last 5 after the SHG NY definitely outplayed the Canes. Sure he got lots of numbers on cardboard Cutout saves.
And game 2 was better than game 3 as a Canes fan.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Shesterkin is good but I'll be a heretic and say Kochetkov made more of a difference in the result than he did.
Kochetkov had several poke check s and saves that to me were harder then Shesties
And until the last 5 after the SHG NY definitely outplayed the Canes. Sure he got lots of numbers on cardboard Cutout saves.
Yeah I will agree with this. He also stopped both Trocheck and Panarin on clear breakaways. And made a great poke check late on a streaking Kreider.

That could have been a 5 or 6-2 game pretty easily. Shesty made the saves he needed to make. I don't think he had much of a chance on the Canes goals. He was good but it wasn't like he stood on his head.

Reactions: Tryamw

StrmSurge

RBA sucks!
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
They can complain all they want, but he is the problem.
Appreciate that you can see it. I expected to log in today to a bunch of fellow Canes jumping on me. But to my surprise that didn't much happen.

Anyway I really think they should strongly reconsider extending his contract.

I want a coach that makes the most of our abilities as a team, that can see and make adjustments game to game in the playoffs and implement them.

I appreciate what RBA has done helping to turn the franchise around, and especially appreciate what he did as a player, but we've gone as far as we can go with him as coach, unless something miraculous happens and he actually makes an adjustment , we will be swept just like these arrogant rags fans anticipate.

I would like nothing more than to tell them to shove it, and that they 'got lucky.' but the reality isn't that. So we get humiliated and another team gets to celebrate early while they dance on our grave and mock us.

Not that it bothers me that much. Nothing the Rags fans can say that can make me more humiliated that losing over and over to the same team, and not even trying one thing different.

The only move RBA made that was different was to put Kochetkov over Chokersen, doing backflips in net cause he can't seem to keep an edge.

Other than that, I have seen no evidence that RBA can or maybe simply to stubborn or lazy to make between game adjustments that allow our strengths to shine and their strengths to regress.

All I know is I want 100 sog, more separation, stop trying to get into the goal crease. With size (Rags) comes reach. You aren't going to beat them with an undersized team playing a traditional offense style.

I want to see 1-2 long pass out on the perimeter and the point then shoot, then collapse on scrum for the rebound. That's how we beat a team as Long as the rags... Or at least that's what will give us the best chance.

But at this point I fully expect no adjustments , and to get swept sadly. But I am a true fan so I will sit through it. I'm not gonna abandon my team like these jackasses at PNC selling their tickets to Rags fans.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Thought it was a panic move switching goalies.

Anderson wasn't the reason the Canes were in a 0-2 hole, just as much as it's not Kochetkov's fault for them being now 0-3.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Yeah, "ANOTHER LEVEL" is when the team wins every game by 7 goals, leads the xGF batter 321-2, the SOG battle 193-7, and their CF% is about 95. :rolleyes:
I guess you clearly understand what another level is but for some reason (too dedicated maybe) feel that insecure about your beloved Rangers .

They are a good team but far from dominant n spite the current streak.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Igor has been the difference
It’s crazy how much goaltending gets amplified in the playoffs as it’s harder to score with teams checking tighter and barring down defensively, a timely save in a close game during crucial moments makes all the difference. 2 games decided in OT with Igor making some big saves to keep his team in it.

Reactions: Mike C

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I guess you clearly understand what another level is but for some reason (too dedicated maybe) feel that insecure about your beloved Rangers .

Lol. Sorry the Rangers aren't as dominant as the Harlem Globetrotters when winning 7 straight postseason games. I agree, they’re downright pedestrian in comparison.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
It’s crazy how much goaltending gets amplified in the playoffs as it’s harder to score with teams checking tighter and barring down defensively, a timely save in a close game during crucial moments makes all the difference. 2 games decided in OT with Igor making some big saves to keep his team in it.
then there was the debacle in vancouver the other night!

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Cautiously optimistic for Chytil. He looked solid last night. If Chytil can find long term health (Ala Crosby) Rangers have a real nice mix of vets and youth. Lafreniere finding his game. Cuylle looking like a gamer. Miller and Schnieder looking more and more solid on defense. Now if Kakko's offensive touch could start to match his defensive game and cycling skills we'll be laughing.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
this is all fair, i think

this series has been way, way closer at ES than it's getting credit for.

i'm devastated, truly, that DamonDRW thinks my team isn't dominant enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad