Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Canes have been the better team 2 of the 3 games.............weird eh.
Orlov............soft on the puck in OT and it's in the net.....
Rangers are on cruise control, give them credit!!

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
This series is absolutely done. Rangers have outplayed Canes in every department imaginable. That Canes team is waaaaaaaayy too soft for playoff hockey, they will get crushed when they are against a physical team like the Rangers.
Not sure physicality is the biggest factor here. Rangers haven't dominated, they've just capitalized on their opportunities more. Shesterkin has been a difference maker. Rags look good right now, but I wouldn't call them world beaters.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The Rangers team D has been spectacular. Back check,Sticks,Blocks,Board play very good. High volume of low danger shots has kept Igor sharp and his rebound control near flawless. Most of the goals on Igor have been deflections. Bread,Mika,Laf Trocheck,Fox,Kreider are playing elite level hockey.
As Valiquette said in the post game, all these perimeter non-threatening shots are just warming-up Igor. Laviolette said something about it too in his post game press conference. They are willing to let Carolina rack up all the soft shots from the perimeter they want.

If Rempe did it, it would be an actual threat. No one is threatened by Tony's fake tough-guy antics.
There is a reason nobody wants DeAngelo. He is only playing because Pesce is hurt.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Canes have been the better team 2 of the 3 games.............weird eh.
Orlov............soft on the puck in OT and it's in the net.....
Rangers are on cruise control, give them credit!!
In what universe have the Canes been the better team? Because they have more SOG? Big deal when 80% of them are softies that my 10 year old can stop.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Must be nice to wake up as Filip Chytil
chytil.gif

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Starting to think Rod’s playstyle isn’t built to go deep in playoffs

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
No, they are not. They capitalize on their opportunities but this is not "another level".
Yeah, "ANOTHER LEVEL" is when the team wins every game by 7 goals, leads the xGF batter 321-2, the SOG battle 193-7, and their CF% is about 95. :rolleyes:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
If Carolina gets swept:

The last six times they’ve made the playoffs, in the series they’ve been eliminated in, they’ve won 5 games combined.

They went to 7 games once. They’ve gotten swept 3 of them. 4-1 and 4-1 the other two.

Crazy stat and while they always seem to be in it, idk, doesn’t feel like luck or a coincidence.

Reactions: T REX and Mobiandi

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I've got no data on hand for this, but NYR is not just winning the special teams battle but straight dominating. Their 5v5 play might be somewhat mid, but they're still opportunistic. And they score on the PP, don't get scored on SH and even add SHG to boot. All backstopped by elite goaltending.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I've got no data on hand for this, but NYR is not just winning the special teams battle but straight dominating. Their 5v5 play might be somewhat mid, but they're still opportunistic. And they score on the PP, don't get scored on SH and even add SHG to boot. All backstopped by elite goaltending.
The special teams are very good, but it's the goaltending that it's propelling them right now to the top. Without Shesterkin the Canes win at least one game of the 3.

Good for them, goalies are key

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Pretty much. On top of that, they lost the last two in OT. Could easily be 2-1 Canes. NYR have been better but the series is tight enough it could be flipped right now.
Totally agree. Rangers have played great D when it matters. That said, I must be watching different game than the one where people say the Rangers have totally outplayed Carolina. I think it's been pretty close with Igor giving NYR the edge. Is anyone surprised?

I think Trochek and Necas have been outstanding. Really solid playoff performers. Fun to watch

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
2/3 games have gone to OT.
Carolina hasn't found a way to win those. Rangers have.

Same ol' Canes it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad