Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
@eco's bones my bad for tagging you here, buddy. I was about to post a reply to your comment in the GDT but it closed as I was doing it lol

It will come down to Bob matching Igor in the next round if that happens to be the matchup, there's been goals that the Andersen gave up G1/2 that he probably wants back badly. The Panarin GWG in game 1, Kreider in game 2 to tie it, etc. Florida does have those finishers that Carolina truly lacks come playoffs. I also think I would be worried what that psychopath Tkachuk does if things go haywire for Florida. Rangers would win the series imo right now with how the teams are playing but they'll get a chunk taken out of them before they get there imo to meet the West winner.

To me it's one game at a time and try not to look too far ahead. All the teams left are really good teams....I think teams will play better when they respect their opponents, don't take them for granted. As a fan you know that any particular game is winnable by any of the 32 teams in the league. Sometimes a much lesser team will win. To win a Stanley Cup you need to be good but you also need some luck and it can come in any number of ways---puck bounces, referee calls, avoiding injuries and there is usually some attrition to every team. And getting in and out of series as quickly as possible can help you avoid injuries and fatigue. The Rangers have a chance to go into the next round with no significant injuries and I don't know if I've ever seen this team get as far as they have without somebody or other or multiples being banged up or out of the lineup and I started following this team back in 1971-72.

The Tkachuk's are psychos but I'd love to have either on my team and they both love to play and love to be in the middle of everything. Some people think Trouba is a psycho too. The thing is they're also guys you can go to war with. If we do end up against Florida I expect I'll end up super pissed with Matthew but still the kind of player that's going to give everything and play physical and nasty and get under skins.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
To me it's one game at a time and try not to look too far ahead. All the teams left are really good teams....I think teams will play better when they respect their opponents, don't take them for granted. As a fan you know that any particular game is winnable by any of the 32 teams in the league. Sometimes a much lesser team will win. To win a Stanley Cup you need to be good but you also need some luck and it can come in any number of ways---puck bounces, referee calls, avoiding injuries and there is usually some attrition to every team. And getting in and out of series as quickly as possible can help you avoid injuries and fatigue. The Rangers have a chance to go into the next round with no significant injuries and I don't know if I've ever seen this team get as far as they have without somebody or other or multiples being banged up or out of the lineup and I started following this team back in 1971-72.

The Tkachuk's are psychos but I'd love to have either on my team and they both love to play and love to be in the middle of everything. Some people think Trouba is a psycho too. The thing is they're also guys you can go to war with. If we do end up against Florida I expect I'll end up super pissed with Matthew but still the kind of player that's going to give everything and play physical and nasty and get under skins.

Well said, that series should be phenomenal if it comes to fruition.

Reactions: eco's bones

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I asked in another thread without many answers so I’ll ask again here.

If the Hurricanes lose another series in a sweep… do they reconsider Rod?

They’ve been disappointing in the playoffs for a few years in a row now
They have been reconsidering him for a while now, from what I understand.
About time they looked at everything, really
And if they win the next 4 to advance, he will be hugely rewarded with a fat contract.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
went with the Rangers in 6.... might be a bit to long the way it goes. Rangers are clutch! They are the team coming out the east IMO. Even if it is 3-0, Canes are a very very good club

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
The throw everything at the net strategy doesn’t work against Igor when he’s on, it just makes him better and gets him into a groove quicker. Not sure canes have a plan B though.

Plan b is no shots. Just dump and chase and hope for a crazy bounce or own goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad