GDT: ECSF - Game 4: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT (Warning: this GDT may result in Carbicide or Diabeetus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm not looking past tomorrow. Nobody is afraid of the Hurricanes anymore, but they play everything out. They don't die, you have to kill them.

I expect this team to do that tomorrow. Yes, these games have all been close. Not one has been a major advantage for either team, but there is something in being the team that wins them more often than not and rips your heart out twice in the process.

Chytil got better each shift. If he finds his game, it's a bigger boost than Wennberg and Roslovic could ever make, and both have been good. It happened one shift last game, but the post PK line of Panarin-Chytil-Laf popped up. I'm ready to see it again. What a luxury to have that.

Wrap this up, because the next one is no doubt a battle.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I'm not looking past tomorrow. Nobody is afraid of the Hurricanes anymore, but they play everything out. They don't die, you have to kill them.

I expect this team to do that tomorrow. Yes, these games have all been close. Not one has been a major advantage for either team, but there is something in being the team that wins them more often than not and rips your heart out twice in the process.

Chytil got better each shift. If he finds his game, it's a bigger boost than Wennberg and Roslovic could ever make, and both have been good. It happened one shift last game, but the post PK line of Panarin-Chytil-Laf popped up. I'm ready to see it again. What a luxury to have that.

Wrap this up, because the next one is no doubt a battle.

Almost hilarious that his first game back in 78 games he brought more O than ros & wenny combined since they’ve been traded for.

Love this kid. Want him and Kak to connect tonight & bring back that game 7 in Raleigh magic.

Again, these boys have taken mega games in this building. Go get this shit!!!

Reactions: FUZfan and 100Eyes

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
League already scheduled game 5. This game is rigged before it starts. Regroup for game 5 and go from there.

• Wow
Reactions: egelband

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
League already scheduled game 5. This game is rigged before it starts. Regroup for game 5 and go from there.

They’ve been trying. I can’t count the blown calls against us. The slavin elbow to Kaks ear last game and that bullshit non penalty shot call on Kreider. We swept Washington but that was another series filled with a shit-ton of non-calls.

This is one g’damn resilient, f*cking great hockey team.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
Game 4 everyone, I expect the hurricanes to throw everything they have at us tomorrow night, weather the initial tide, stay structured, capitalize on scoring chances, be first to the puck, continue to take the body, and let’s take this game and series!

All positive vibes!

Let’s go rangers!

I love you all.
Kind of like the last two games! We got this! I believe. Love you too brother. Exciting times in the city!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah the balls on Kovazub to post this gem after some of the other shit from earlier lol.

I think we can all agree that Carolina was wrongly heavily favored going into this series but at the end of the day it's not like the Rangers are blowing them away. These have all been tight games.

That doesn't make them the worst team remaining. They'd blast the tits off of Boston, Vancouver and probably Edmonton as well.

I'll agree with both of the Central teams and Florida but I've always felt that the East would go through the Panthers. Oilers had the red carpet to come out of the west this year with 2 real easy draws in the first 2 rounds but they're struggling a ton with a team that generates like 15 shots a game.
Canes are fake contenders. Their style doesn’t give them advantage in playoffs when every team ups their compete levels and all bad regular season teams are not there to be pushed around. Canes who barely squeezed passed Isles - the second worse team after Caps (and largely only because Isles gave away the series in key moments rather than Canes’ domination) is not better than any of these teams. And I can see how you still hang on the number of shots to judge if a team is good or not. Nothing learned…

Last edited:
Reactions: HolyHagelin

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
No one should be looking ahead of anyone given this team has blown two 2-0 series leads in two years.

Bad juju to even talk about other teams at this juncture and I’m the least superstitious person I know
You know, I was saying this last night that if the Rangers blow this lead, then they deserve all the bad juju they get. I’m not going to blame hubris or things said. I'm going to blame them. That being said, Lets Go!

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Well, boys. My final hour may have come. I'll be at a polish wedding, which are infamous for obligatory consumption of vodka shots. Like, vodka in place of water. If I never post again, my liver failed.

On the other hand, if I show up in the gdt and my posts are even more nonsensical than usual, please thread ban me. @Machinehead @Leonardo87

I hope to be able to watch snippets of the game, but I doubt it. LGR!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Well, boys. My final hour may have come. I'll be at a polish wedding, which are infamous for obligatory consumption of vodka shots. Like, vodka in place of water. If I never post again, my liver failed.

On the other hand, if I show up in the gdt and my posts are even more nonsensical than usual, please thread ban me. @Machinehead @Leonardo87

I hope to be able to watch snippets of the game, but I doubt it. LGR!
There will be lots of food so don’t forget to eat. Also hydrate between shots and don’t drink any other type of alcohol because it offered. You’ll be fine!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hopefully we get through this series tonight and not let it linger any longer than necessary.

To comment on western teams. If Demko was healthy he would be the best goalie left IMO. Certainly Oettinger can be good but he seems hot/cold to me. Georgiev doesn't like us too much and seems extra motivated when he plays us but overall he's average at best. Skinner? I don't know. I'd take Igor over every single one of them easily and if the Rangers play solid defensively I think they can negate much of the offense of these teams. None of them are particularly hard or physical.....or maybe better said we can match them. I can't comment on guys they have who are injured or banged up as I haven't been following them all that closely but the Rangers right now are very very healthy......the only player really missing is Wheeler and IMO he would not be one of our current top 12 forwards.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
To drink or not to drink?

Cocktail making class with the gf at 2pm in Chinatown. I was thinking of taking her to Stout or Tir na Nog after for the game. We tend to get wasted if that happens… any recs? Thinking Stout or tir na nog

Thought Kakko was good yesterday?
His style def works with Chytil. That said, i wish his style was….. better. I am starting to be concerned about him but he is still young. One year show me contract and if he still stinks, let him go. Maybe othmann will be ready for his tryout.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
View attachment 868535
View attachment 868537
View attachment 868550
View attachment 868557

New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes
7pm ET - Game 4
View attachment 868536

View attachment 868551
View attachment 868546
View attachment 868545
View attachment 868548

Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Jack Roslovic
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Filip Chytil --Alex Wennberg -- Kaapo Kakko
Jimmy Vesey -- Barclay Goodrow -- Will Cuylle

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Braden Schneider
Erik Gustafsson -- Jacob Trouba

Igor Shesterkin
Jonathan Quick

Scratched:
Zac Jones, Chad Ruhwedel, Jonny Brodzinski, Louis Domingue, Adam Edstrom, Matt Rempe
Injured: Blake Wheeler (lower body)

View attachment 868555
Hurricanes Projected Line up

Jake Guentzel -- Sebastian Aho -- Andrei Svechnikov
Teuvo Teravainen -- Jordan Staal -- Seth Jarvis
Jordan Martinook -- Jack Drury -- Martin Necas
Jesperi Kotkaniemi -- Evgeny Kuznetsov -- Stefan Noesen

Jaccob Slavin -- Brent Burns
Brady Skjei -- Tony DeAngelo
Dmitry Orlov -- Jalen Chatfield

Pyotr Kochetkov?
Frederik Andersen

Scratched:
Jackson Blake, Brendan Lemieux, Maxime Comtois, Scott Morrow, Bradly Nadeau, Spencer Martin, Dylan Coghlan, Ryan Suzuki, Ronan Seeley, Antti Raanta

Injured: Jesper Fast (upper body), Brett Pesce (lower body)

View attachment 868539
View attachment 868538
View attachment 868563
View attachment 868533
View attachment 868558
View attachment 868542
View attachment 868534
View attachment 868541
View attachment 868543
View attachment 868544
Let's Go