GDT: ECSF Game 2 | FLYERS (H) vs. Islanders (A) | Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | NBCSN, SN, TVA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Was thinking the same. Figured watching this team play was the perfect opportunity to ride the ol' horse for the first time, if you know what I'm sayin', but I was disappointed to learn the local liquor store doesn't carry any dog food.

A few of us have needed something stronger, so we've switched to bleach. It has a slight burn at first, but you get used to it. Really deadens you to the reality of what you're watching.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
I can see it already. Gameplan: 1. flip puck out of defensive zone 2. if we somehow get possession of the puck, immediately dump it into the offensive zone with no speed 3. islanders have easy breakout OR we catch a lucky bounce, get the puck, and decide the best chance to score is by taking a near 0% wrister from the board hashmarks.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Don't say that. I am sitting in the dentist's chair at this very moment. If you don't see a post from me for the rest of the day, issue an Amber Alert.

EDIT: I was quoting Cap'n Dave's "They are good roofiers. Dentists are supercreeps." darn it; they are blocking my quoting!

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
hi guys, caps fan here, quick question: who the **** is nicolas aube-kubel and why he spent almost as much time on ice as claude f***** giroux in game 1 vs isles?

e: i can see G is playing like 15-16 minutes per game. why?

Reactions: DaphneLion

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I’ll be on my way home for the first and second periods, hopefully Coots shows up ready to play

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
hi guys, caps fan here, quick question: who the **** is nicolas aube-kubel and why he spent almost as much time on ice as claude f***** giroux in game 1 vs isles?
Solid depth winger. Who ever knows what's going on in coaches' heads.

Reactions: aonb

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

e: i can see G is playing like 15-16 minutes per game. why?

Our fearless leader, Alain Vigneault, has decided that Giroux is a third line player who should play with the likes of Derek Grant in order to get the most out of him. NAK is a decent depth winger who brings some energy.

See "our fearless leader" for any questions regarding ice time. For some unknown reason, AV has decided to play our bottom six more in the playoffs than they did during the regular season. It's madness.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
av holding this team back? how many coaches has this team been though because of this core not showing nothing? 4? i get that you want a cup, i want a cup but realistically this core hasnt gotten this team anywhere, if they were winning cups in the last 8 years, im not going to say anything bad about them but the fact is it's not happening. you got blind love for this core despite the fact they havent shown nothing like you just want to keep blaming the coaches. like seriously we can have a god like coach on this team and this core will play like utter trash.

berube won a championship with st.louis, lavy took nashville to finals, but they are bad coaches and this core is fantastic despite the fact of not making the playoffs, couldnt get out the first round in 8 years which that is embarassing. so tell me how is this core is best in the world despite the fact the coaches had better success with other teams?

Do you think playing the worst player in the playoffs nearly as much at ES as your good players helps the team win, or would you say that holds the team back?

Would you say mismanaging the PP all year helps the team win, or holds them back?

Would you say shifting from a style that brought success all year to one that struggles helps the team win, or holds them back?

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Do you think playing the worst player in the playoffs nearly as much at ES as your good players helps the team win, or would you say that holds the team back?

Would you say mismanaging the PP all year helps the team win, or holds them back?

Would you say shifting from a style that brought success all year to one that struggles helps the team win, or holds them back?

The incredibly stupid coaches reply to Beefy:

choices.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Giroux played one shift on the 3rd line.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good rant!

Giroux is 32, his highest value is on the PP, so it makes sense to reduce his ES minutes and increase those of someone like NAK who is a whirling dervish who can wear down opponents.

Same way people want Provorov off the PP and more time at ES.

Reactions: Domino666

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Im sorry, where did you do your DDS/DMD?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I can see it already. Gameplan: 1. flip puck out of defensive zone 2. if we somehow get possession of the puck, immediately dump it into the offensive zone with no speed 3. islanders have easy breakout OR we catch a lucky bounce, get the puck, and decide the best chance to score is by taking a near 0% wrister from the board hashmarks.

Don't forget, "Islanders notice gaps between D and F and play to exploit that"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad