GDT: ECSF Game 2 | FLYERS (H) vs. Islanders (A) | Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | NBCSN, SN, TVA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglesfan0366

Nov 26, 2017
This team needs to get some energy to get the boys going. Lay a few big hits and we will be good to go. Put Hagg back in for Ghost as he usually leads the team in hits. Also, if Goulbourne is in the bubble roster he absolutely needs to play next game, as he is the definition of an energy player. Start off the game with these two and the boys will be hopping

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
This team needs to get some energy to get the boys going. Lay a few big hits and we will be good to go. Put Hagg back in for Ghost as he usually leads the team in hits. Also, if Goulbourne is in the bubble roster he absolutely needs to play next game, as he is the definition of an energy player. Start off the game with these two and the boys will be hopping
images

LETS GO BUFFALO!!

Reactions: eaglesfan0366

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

hopping to golf course by next week u mean...

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
ok we really need to win this game
ya I don't think we can come back down 0-2 given how AV has coached this team UNLESS they play the way they did that second period (and get an unlucky bounce to end the game or something).

I am not looking forward to seeing the powerplay

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'll always be amazed by people who will crucify those who play well but can't get a result but give a free pass to an active detriment to the team because "they tried".

Reactions: DaphneLion

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Considering you thought "platitude" meant the exact opposite of what it actually means, that's questionable.

Considering you seem to be completely and totally misreading and misunderstanding the interview, there is no level of English proficiency that will make what you're saying clear.

I did not say this is how media has worked since the inception of hockey. Either you are a liar, lying about what I've said, or you're demonstrating those comprehension problems I mentioned above.

It is quite important to take into account how hockey/media interaction functions when assessing hockey/media interaction. What would ever compel you to ignore that? It's vital to understanding what you're seeing. That you apparently don't understand it explains how you misread this so badly.

We did not get any of those things in this interview. We got a canned response that Giroux and every other hockey player has given countless times. A platitude, as it were.

He fit his "we are all accountable gotta try hard" mold with that response. We've seen it time and again, and we will see it until he retires. It's not unique. It's not new. It's not significant. It's a mindless sound bite.

OK. It doesn't serve as proof that he is playing badly, nor is it an admission on his part that he thinks he is doing badly. It's an empty quote that every hockey player uses.

When Giroux plays bad, I call him out; the fact is that he is doing all the right things to create goals and production, hence why he is one of the most productive players we have. He will score goals if he keeps doing these things; it hasn't happened now, because that's how hockey works some times. It's unbelievable that needs to be explained to you. Also, Couturier played badly last game and I lashed him for it. You're ignorant, and you are spouting ignorance. Inform yourself before you look any worse. Stop making claims about what I do or say that are fantastically wrong.

Hagg, Thompson, and AV have been massive problems holding the team back. Giroux and Couturier have been generating the offense that has carried those massive problems.

av holding this team back? how many coaches has this team been though because of this core not showing nothing? 4? i get that you want a cup, i want a cup but realistically this core hasnt gotten this team anywhere, if they were winning cups in the last 8 years, im not going to say anything bad about them but the fact is it's not happening. you got blind love for this core despite the fact they havent shown nothing like you just want to keep blaming the coaches. like seriously we can have a god like coach on this team and this core will play like utter trash.

berube won a championship with st.louis, lavy took nashville to finals, but they are bad coaches and this core is fantastic despite the fact of not making the playoffs, couldnt get out the first round in 8 years which that is embarassing. so tell me how is this core is best in the world despite the fact the coaches had better success with other teams?

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
“Why didn’t the core play at a superhuman level to completely cancel out all of the slop on the team over the last decade?”

“The core should be able to succeed when playing on teams filled with trashcans for depth.”

I blame the core AND those damned Dentists

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I had a dentist's appointment scheduled for 3:30 tomorrow it turns out...booked it months back, put it on my company's work calendar, forgot about it.

Checked the calendar today, saw it, reminded my boss I'd be offline starting at 3 or a little before because I had a dentist's appointment, then called the dentist and cancelled.

I'm buying a 40.

No problem there. You’ll be watching a close up of Nate “The Dentist” Thompson go to work. Better than any amateur hack you were going to see anyways.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There is very little "core" left, G (32), Voracek (30), Couts (27). Ghost didn't arrive until 2015, Provorov and TK 2016, JVR 2018.
Laughton's been around since 2014, but no one considers him a core player, do they?

While Giroux has had a great career, he's past his peak and it shows in the playoffs, first injuries and now age have sapped his productivity.
Voracek has had a second peak in his career, and he's headed into his third phase as he slows down and learns how to play, instead of relying on his raw talents.
Couts is at his peak.
Ghost may be finally bouncing back after two injury plagued years.

You don't win Cups with one line and one defenseman, the future of this team has always been the group of players Hextall drafted between 2014 and 2019, and the first Fletcher draft (York, Brink, Millman). But when you start from the wreckage Holmgren left behind him, it was going to take time:

2014: Sanheim #17, NAK #48, Friedman #86, Lindblom #138
2015: Provorov #7, TK #24, Myers UDFA [Sandstrom #70, Malek #90, Kase #128, Fedotov #188]
2016: Hart #48, Bunnaman #109, [Rubtsov #22, Laberge #36, Allison #52, Twarynski #82, Hogberg #139, Laczynski #169]
2017: Patrick #2, Frost #27 [Ratcliffe #35, Ustimenko #80, Sushko #107, Cates #137, Lycksell #168]
2018: Farabee #14 [JOB #19, Wylie #127, Zamula UDFA]
2019: [York #14, Brink #34, Attard #72, Millman #103]

The first two drafts have arrived with a bang, 6 starters, maybe a 7th in Friedman, and a bunch of backup goalie candidates
The 2016 was a hit just on the basis of Hart, but should provide depth the next two seasons
The 2017 draft depends on Patrick's recovery, Frost next year, the others in 2 years or so
The 2018 draft already hit with Farabee, Zamula in a couple years
The 2019 draft should arrive in 2021 and 2022, after the ED.
While top prospects make it to the show in a couple years, most take 3-5 years.

The payoff started in 2017-18, one step back when the goalies imploded in 2018-19, two steps forward in 2019-20 (three steps if we beat the Islanders).
The arrow is pointing UP.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad