Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I didn’t expect the Bruins to make the playoffs this year, so this is bonus hockey for me. I picked the Panthers in six, so losing tonight won’t really upset me too much.

Sending out the goon squad to cause some carnage and mayhem would very well result in a loss tonight. Not a big deal, and I can live with a “tactical” defeat. Should said goon squad accomplish their mission, the Panthers may not be able to win the next series, or even possibly this series. A “strategic” victory.

I do not care if the Bruins win this series. I’m almost certain they won’t with the Cup, and I accept that. They exceeded my expectations, and I’m good with that (for THIS year). But, I’ve grown to hate the Panthers to the point where if a Panthers win tonight costs them games and series down the line, that’s what I REALLY want.

I know that’s kind of shitty for me to want, but even though it’s not personal, it kind of is.

I’m sure you understand.
The funny thing about all this is the Bruins did/started way more shit in game 2 and somehow they are the victims of the dirty Panthers. And no I am not saying the Panthers are angels but some of you guys are acting like the Panthers have Raffi Torres and Matt Cooke out there. Marchand has been suspended 8 times for a total of 28 games. Tkachuk (4-6), Bennett (2-4), Lomberg(2-2 and hasn’t even played this series) and Montour(0-0) have a total of 8 suspensions for 12 games. And some of those were for line brawls and fights late in games. Can someone please explain to me how the big bad Bruins are the victims here?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Better than Toronto did in the first round. Go watch your last place Blue Jays
I do like the blue jays. They were the team that beat the high-flying Phils last game.

I'm a Florida Panthers fan. The bruins are pretty familiar with the panthers.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
16 turnovers and 3 takeaways this playoffs
Mental mistakes costing multiple goals
Only 4 hits in current series
-5 in last 5 games
Zero goals in last 27 playoff games, 1 in past 44

Horrific numbers for a 1 d-man making $9+ mil per. For Boston to have any chance this series McAvoy cannot continue to be one of the worst players on the ice. Joke player in recent post seasons considering that some claim he's Norris caliber.

Reactions: Vilam and Laus723

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
16 turnovers and 3 takeaways this playoffs
Mental mistakes costing multiple goals
Only 4 hits in current series
-5 in last 5 games
Zero goals in last 27 playoff games, 1 in past 44

Horrific numbers for a 1 d-man making $9+ mil per. For Boston to have any chance this series McAvoy cannot continue to be one of the worst players on the ice. Joke player in recent post seasons considering that some claim he's Norris caliber.
pretty funny weve had back to back games of top Dmen just completely costing the game for the respective team

Wonder if were blessed tomorrow with both doing it at once

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not likely. Tkachuk cannot throw a single shoulder to shoulder hit. Has to charge into reverse hits and nothing else. Crosschecking a defenseman after a goal scored? Running away from Coyle? Fighting Pastrnak, but only landing punches when Pastrnak on the ice? Pathetic look.

The defenseman taunting Marchand after a goal in a blowout game 2?

The Florida defensemen have some size but the forwards are soft and fake tough aside from the Barkov/Reinhart types who play their game.

A pair of frightened officials are what led to the chaos of the ending by tossing the Bruins size and enabling Tkachuk.

Florida dominated the play 2nd period on in decisive fashion and still comes away looking rather pathetic.
Tkachuk better keep his head up tonight.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hey Pasta, can you ask Montgomery if you're allowed to come out and play again? Can't believe he had to ask for permission to fight.

Not a shock to see that a Panther fan doesn't understand the nuance of hockey. Top players usually have to get the green light from the coach to drop the gloves unless it's spur of the moment.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Not a shock to see that a Panther fan doesn't understand the nuance of hockey. Top players usually have to get the green light from the coach to drop the gloves unless it's spur of the moment.
Lollol, what is the reason that so many Bruins fans lack understanding of the nuances of hockey? It’s been on full display from several here.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I don't care about any of this extracurricular. The Panthers need to focus on getting their game at the level to where it needs to be, if they want to go all the way. That's the actual hockey that needs to be played.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Nothing would make winning easier for the Panthers than their opponents having a full line ejected on the first shift.

Also, I thought everybody knew by now that the Panthers are at their best when games turn physical and spiral out of control.
The idea that the priority is on "sending a message" and not getting the puck out of their own end, seems a bit misguided to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad