Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I never said that?
I said good on Pasta for stepping up.
He went into it as an underdog. He knew what he was doing. (Doesn't know how to fight though hah)

I just think it's a little bush league for Tkachuk to sit around till everyone's out of the game and then challenge Pasta to a fight....Real tough!
You didn’t say those words, but certainly implied it with the tone of your post.
I guess pasta jumping into the previous scrums and tussling with rhino and others had nothing at all to do with Tkachuk asking him to go.
I agree, good on Pasta...
Can’t wait til the next game

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
These two teams will beat the hell out of each other for 7 games. Not sure much will be left standing after it. The rest of the league are loving this.
They said the same about Leafs/Bruins. The whole NHL are closet fans of Bruins hockey ;)

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
He's the captain of the team and fights as much/more than he used to. He's also literally the smallest player on either teams roster.

When Tkachuk is willing to take on a guy who's 8-10 inches taller and 40ish lbs heavier to stand up for his team like Marchand did with Mikkola then we can start comparing the two in regards to who's a coward.
You mean this one where Marchand dropped his gloves and started throwing before Mikkola even had his gloves off? Hmmm seems like that is against the code isn’t it more Bruins honor on the display? And the second Mikkola had his gloves off Marchand turtled faster than Tkachuk.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
He went after rhino a bit during the previous scrum. Pasta and Tkachuk, both wearing As, were standing together waiting for refs to make their calls from that scrum. Idk what pasta was saying, but you could see Tkachuk ask him if he wanted to go. I guess Pasta wanted to go, right? He did fine. He’ll be back even more determined next game
i have no problem with tkachuk fighting pasta who was a willing participant. I have a problem with tkachuk deliberately lunging and cheapshotting #88 when tkachuck had already won the fight and pasta was down on the ice and exposed.

Spineless behaviour.

He wasn’t defenseless. Also don’t see you upset about pasta continuing to swing when Tkachuk was being held down by both refs.
tkachuk crossed the line first i dont like seeing it but it's obvious why pastranak reacted like that.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
You just activated Tkachuk's trap card 😼

Fc8hgbM.gif

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
It's a 1-1 series.

Anything can happen, after watching hockey for 37 years this series can go anywhere.

Look at the standings close is close......

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
i have no problem with tkachuk fighting pasta who was a willing participant. I have a problem with tkachuk deliberately lunging and cheapshotting #88 when tkachuck had already won the fight and pasta was down on the ice and exposed.

Spineless behaviour.

tkachuk crossed the line first i dont like seeing it but it's obvious why pastranak reacted like that.
Do you have that same energy for Frederic throwing elbows on Rodrigues at the bench? Or Frederic dropping the gloves and throwing punches at an unsuspecting Luostairinen, who also isn’t a fighter by any means AND still had his gloves on? What about Marchand (Mr “chode,” I mean “code” himself) sliding toward a Panther on boards skates first? The whining in here about Tkachuk popping Pasta is ridiculous. Rewind to Lucic, rewind to multiple players throughout history. It happens, and the Bruins have had plenty of players to do it as well. It’s a joke.
Thanks MT with that cheap shot when pasta ( a player who knows squat about fighting) is on the floor. You just rallied the bruins players . Watch the bear now.
Lmao, the Panthers have rallied around Tkachuk for two years now, you actually think the Panthers are going to fold because the Bruins want to mix it up? The team’s built for that style of play.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I think that if I’m Jim Montgomery, I put a line together to start Game 3 that drops the mitts as soon as the puck drops and send a message to Florida. If they need to call up six players (including the ’tender) from the ECHL to absorb the possible suspensions, so be it. I’m sure the Bruins can find five skaters and a goalie who might be up for something like that. And then I’d have the rest of my players batter Reinhart and Tkachuck every chance they got for the rest of the night.
Nothing would make winning easier for the Panthers than their opponents having a full line ejected on the first shift.

Also, I thought everybody knew by now that the Panthers are at their best when games turn physical and spiral out of control.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Nothing would make winning easier for the Panthers than their opponents having a full line ejected on the first shift.

Also, I thought everybody knew by now that the Panthers are at their best when games turn physical and spiral out of control.
Totally - they're a team of pests, not a team of tough guys. If Boston is going to chase them around then they're beating themselves.

No problem with exposing it when games are decided though.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

I didn’t expect the Bruins to make the playoffs this year, so this is bonus hockey for me. I picked the Panthers in six, so losing tonight won’t really upset me too much.

Sending out the goon squad to cause some carnage and mayhem would very well result in a loss tonight. Not a big deal, and I can live with a “tactical” defeat. Should said goon squad accomplish their mission, the Panthers may not be able to win the next series, or even possibly this series. A “strategic” victory.

I do not care if the Bruins win this series. I’m almost certain they won’t with the Cup, and I accept that. They exceeded my expectations, and I’m good with that (for THIS year). But, I’ve grown to hate the Panthers to the point where if a Panthers win tonight costs them games and series down the line, that’s what I REALLY want.

I know that’s kind of shitty for me to want, but even though it’s not personal, it kind of is.

I’m sure you understand.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I didn’t expect the Bruins to make the playoffs this year, so this is bonus hockey for me. I picked the Panthers in six, so losing tonight won’t really upset me too much.

Sending out the goon squad to cause some carnage and mayhem would very well result in a loss tonight. Not a big deal, and I can live with a “tactical” defeat. Should said goon squad accomplish their mission, the Panthers may not be able to win the next series, or even possibly this series. A “strategic” victory.

I do not care if the Bruins win this series. I’m almost certain they won’t with the Cup, and I accept that. They exceeded my expectations, and I’m good with that (for THIS year). But, I’ve grown to hate the Panthers to the point where if a Panthers win tonight costs them games and series down the line, that’s what I REALLY want.

I know that’s kind of shitty for me to want, but even though it’s not personal, it kind of is.

I’m sure you understand.
What a bunch of whiny nonsense that’ll never happen.

Reactions: Vilam and Dr Quincy

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Screenshot_20240510_094331_DuckDuckGo.jpg

St Laurent doesn't look happy about having his picture taken. At least Rooney is the backup and hopefully not needed.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad