Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I'm calling him a fraud for picking battles he knows he'll win in a 6-1 game. Yeah.

Don't think anyone put $$ down on bet365 for Pasta winning that fight. Good on Pasta to step up though. Hopefully the Bruins can build something off it
Pasta was scuffling with rhino during the previous scrum, then he pulled mikkola by the back of his collar as he was tangled with macavoy. He was saying something to Tkachuk as they awaited ref’s calls. Of course, idk what was being said, but Tkachuk then asked him if he wanted to go. Pasta said Yes!
Don’t try to portray it as if the unwitting and innocent little Pasta got jumped.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Tkachuk is 6'3, he could be Iginla but his fans seem to prefer his act instead. Having to compare him to 5'9 on skates Marchand is not the compliment you may believe.

2nd and 3rd periods in game 1 dominated? Not so. Score effects not to mention the entire Florida model is perimeter cycle with low percentage scoring chances generated from the blue line. It may have you thinking that is domination but with a closer inspection is not.

Game 2 is a different story. THAT was domination.
So there is some sort of height limit on being greasy? When Marchand was getting away with all the extra stuff after the whistle against the Leafs, he was being celebrated by your fans.

We outshot the Bruins 27-5 in the 2nd and 3rd of game 1, you scored 4 goals on 5 shots.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Tkachuk is a punk bitch for punching Pasta multiple times while on the ice, but that's nothing we didn't already know.

And I don't even like the Bruins.

Rangers drooling over these 2 teams murdering each other on a nightly basis. There's no way nobody gets suspended in this series at some point
Handle your business first, before you start looking to the next round buddy.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Ran away from Coyle after crosschecking Lindholm after a Florida goal. Charges into reverse hits, never shoulder to shoulder. Stick work from the outside of scrums while retreating every time.

Best he can do against Pastrnak of all players and land two cheapshots on the ice.

Unsure whether more comical or pitiful on Tkachuk's part.

Brady must feel embarrassed for his brother.

6'3 Tkachuk's best comparison is a want to be Marchand, where he could be Iginla. How embarrassing.
He is Marchand but bigger and stronger. I understand you don't like a taste of your own medicine but come on, neither are choir boys, and walking that line in the playoffs is what makes both so successful.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I guess that is impossible to know, but you catch my drift, they play the exact same game. I don't like Marchy, but would love him on my team, I am sure Chucky would be a huge fan favorite if he played in Boston.
Think their games are pretty different honestly, aside from both being good at getting under the skin of opponents.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Bast

Dec 14, 2016
I can respect a star vs star fight when guys are fired up, not going after Tkachuk for that. Where he loses me is throwing bombs at a guy on the ice on his back. It’s not MMA, it’s an absolute rat move and don’t understand how people can defend him

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Many Bs fans got so, well, Leafy in here during/after the game, it’s like the bat signal for catscountry to come with his, um, insight

You never go full leaf

Papa Chukky is from Mass, too. They’d friggin’ love Matthew if he was a Broon.

I’d die for him if he was a Bruin. But he’s not, so he deserves to be locked up.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Pasta was scuffling with rhino during the previous scrum, then he pulled mikkola by the back of his collar as he was tangled with macavoy. He was saying something to Tkachuk as they awaited ref’s calls. Of course, idk what was being said, but Tkachuk then asked him if he wanted to go. Pasta said Yes!
Don’t try to portray it as if the unwitting and innocent little Pasta got jumped.
I never said that?
I said good on Pasta for stepping up.
He went into it as an underdog. He knew what he was doing. (Doesn't know how to fight though hah)

I just think it's a little bush league for Tkachuk to sit around till everyone's out of the game and then challenge Pasta to a fight....Real tough!

• Haha
Reactions: BTO and RogerRoger

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Both teams got what they wanted out of the 2 games in Florida. Knowing the league unfortunately there will be warning dished out before game 3 and it likely goes back to a more modern playoff series for the time being. Who would have thought that Cats vs Bruins would be turning into a fairly nasty rivalry? As for Tkachuk and the rough stuff, the panthers just play a better traditionally “bruins” style of hockey than the bruins and that’s annoying as a bruins fan but it’s the truth.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I never said that?
I said good on Pasta for stepping up.
He went into it as an underdog. He knew what he was doing. (Doesn't know how to fight though hah)

I just think it's a little bush league for Tkachuk to sit around till everyone's out of the game and then challenge Pasta to a fight....Real tough!
We made it 6-1 and as Marchand and Montour were mixed up, Pasta jumped Reinhart behind the net and it was Rhino who got the extra misconduct.

Pasta and Chucky exchanged words in front of the box, waiting for the calls to be announced, then again back between the benches, and then settled it on the next shift. Both wanted to go.

I was impressed Pasta stood in there.

Last edited:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
It's not a very tough guy move from Tkachuk. Fight Maroon next.

That's a terrible tradeoff for Florida though. Lose Tkachuk for 5+ minutes hurts us more than Boston losing Maroon for 5+ minutes. Difference between a goon fighting vs a team's most important player. Tkachuk and Pasta is a fair trade off. Of course, the situation around the fight matters. Regular season vs. playoffs. Close game vs. blowout, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad