Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
It’s not “supposed to be” automatic, it is automatic.
It is not often let go, if you take an opponent’s helmet off it is a penalty.
The ref was gonna let both Tkachuk and the B slide for what occurred. The Bruin taking Tkachuk helmet off is automatic 2 minutes.

More deflection. Here is reality.

Tkachuk initiated the scrum, scrum ended. Tkachuk re-ignited the scrum going after Carlo.

That is a textbook penalty every minute of NHL history. The officials were overwhelmed from puck drop.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
He beat the actual shit out of Pasta and you are calling him a fraud?

Ran away from Coyle after crosschecking Lindholm after a Florida goal. Charges into reverse hits, never shoulder to shoulder. Stick work from the outside of scrums while retreating every time.

Best he can do against Pastrnak of all players and land two cheapshots on the ice.

Unsure whether more comical or pitiful on Tkachuk's part.

Brady must feel embarrassed for his brother.

6'3 Tkachuk's best comparison is a want to be Marchand, where he could be Iginla. How embarrassing.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I'm only talking about the fighting code because bruins fans keep bringing it up. One of the rules of the code is that you only drop gloves and start swinging with someone who agrees to a fight. You don't drop them and start swinging at someone in the scrum. If Bruins fans are going to complain about Tkachuk throwing an extra shot at Pasta because it's against the "code" then bring that same energy for Frederic who also violated the "code"
I hear ya .. I feel ya

Trent and #82 are def 100% going to square circle it next game like Pasta/Tkachuk

Reactions: Beezeral

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Folks, the banter needs to stop. I recommend to take a break. Don’t want to see folks banned from the series discussion. I get things are heated but need to calm down. Thanks

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
It's so funny how concerned with the fighting code Bruins fans are right now.

Here is Travis Frederic dropping his gloves and swinging at Loustarinen who is engaged with someone else in the scrum. You know, something that is a hard no in the NHL fighting rules of engagement.

Let me guess, this isn't the same/Loustarinen deserved it/insert other excuse here.

Lol oh you mean where Loustarinen came in as 3rd man in to attack someone else already engaged?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Absolutely faux outrage as they fully understand what Florida does and need to deflect. Otherwise it would require admitting your top defenseman taunts after a meaningless goal in game 2, and Tkachuk is crosschecking after meaningless goals in game 2.... fighting Pastrnak of all players. Plenty of fake tough to deflect away for the fans.

Rather than understand naturally the Bruins are going to react to those decisions by Florida players.
You are right man. Here are a bunch of examples of what Florida does

Here's another leg whip from Marchand that takes out Reinhart.

Oh look, here's frederic again throwing multiple elbows at the back of Rodrigues's head.

This one is minor, but it's still a slash/interference according to today's rules and reeks of frustration

Panthers are clearly the dirty team in this series and the Bruins are just defending themselves.

Last edited:

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
Ran away from Coyle after crosschecking Lindholm after a Florida goal. Charges into reverse hits, never shoulder to shoulder. Stick work from the outside of scrums while retreating every time.

Best he can do against Pastrnak of all players and land two cheapshots on the ice.

Unsure whether more comical or pitiful on Tkachuk's part.

Brady must feel embarrassed for his brother.

6'3 Tkachuk's best comparison is a want to be Marchand, where he could be Iginla. How embarrassing.
why is this guy obsessing about iginla so much, tkachuk has a unique skillset why does he need to emulate another player. That's like asking why doesn't marchand play like a gentlemen like johnny hockey lol just cause they are the same size doesn't mean they have the same personality, same skillset, same strengths etc.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Difference between the two is that Tkachuck is willing to fight Pastrnak who's never fought before, while Marchand is willing to give up 10 inches and 40 lbs to fight Mikkola for his team

To be fair, that's really how it should be, elite player vs elite player, can't have Pasta or MT going up against skilled guys that do it for a living like a Reaves. Better they fight eachother if they are going to fight at all.

Reactions: RogerRoger

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I'm calling him a fraud for picking battles he knows he'll win in a 6-1 game. Yeah.

Don't think anyone put $$ down on bet365 for Pasta winning that fight. Good on Pasta to step up though. Hopefully the Bruins can build something off it
Dude .. Pasta wanted to go. Matt gladly obliged. Tkachuk is a pot stirrer but a fraud or a fight dogger, he is not. Im one of those "code" guys and Tkachuk walks and talks the code as well as anyone imo.

Pasta was fired up. I'd bet that 5 seconds of pure rage was as close to primal animal Pasta has ever felt in his life. I'd bet he gladly do it all over again .. all he got are some glancing blows while his adrenaline was going 160 mph.

Fight club effect .. feel alive for the first time in years.

Good on Pasta

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It’s a bummer he did it against a guy who throws punches after a guy is down though. I guess the honor that Shawn Thornton brought to that part of the game was lost on Florida during his time there. Too bad.
Thornton still works for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad