Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Was bound to get wild when the Refs lost control in the first minute when Tkachuk punched Swayman (covertly) then the Bs dman, and Braz ended up with only penalty.
Ref was gonna let it all go until Mr numbnuts pulled Tkachuk’s helmet off.
That’s an Automatic call now, just like puck over the glass, no judgement or any option to let it go.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
He jumped Rhino and had it coming, they both wanted the fight, Chucky finished it.

We want Bostons best players more concerned with the fisticuffs than scoring, plays into our style of play.

Can't wait to have Bennett back, we have another level yet on the physical play.
agree pasta played right into you guys hands.

unless a player like pastranak paralyses an opponent he shouldnt be punched while defenseless and on the ice.

it's just a bad look to have a star player who's so obviously not a fighter be taken advantage of.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

unless a player like pastranak paralyses an opponent he shouldnt be punched while defenseless and on the ice.

it's just a bad look to have a star player who's so obviously not a fighter be taken advantage of.
Like I said earlier, props to him for standing in there.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

He wasn’t defenseless. Also don’t see you upset about pasta continuing to swing when Tkachuk was being held down by both refs.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
It's just like I said earlier after game 1, Florida was sitting too long and look what happened when they got their legs back and head into the game.

Reactions: Laus723 and teugen

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Ref was gonna let it all go until Mr numbnuts pulled Tkachuk’s helmet off.
That’s an Automatic call now, just like puck over the glass, no judgement or any option to let it go.
Exactly my point. When you encourage the instigator by letting him start it then call the penalty that is supposed to be “automatic” but really isn’t because it’s often let go, and the instigator doesn’t get called, it’s a powder keg.

Leafs series similar stuff happened with Domi and he got sent off…message sent, things calmed down. Tkachuk is the master at that stuff. Rarely gets called. Marchand used to be great at it, not so much anymore.

Players really just have to take it because the retaliation is often the only thing that gets called and you’re not going to exact revenge with the gloves off. Look at how Tkachuk drove doughty and Kassian nuts in the past. He owned them.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Florida reminds me a bit of our 2011 team, not as tough I don’t think, but a team that can play any way they have to. I have high hopes we can make this a series, or even steal it, but I’m not really expecting that.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
He jumped Rhino and had it coming, they both wanted the fight, Chucky finished it.

We want Bostons best players more concerned with the fisticuffs than scoring, plays into our style of play.

Can't wait to have Bennett back, we have another level yet on the physical play.
They had the camera by the benches on Tkachuk before that. He was yelling “pasta wanna go”. Pasta shrugged like wtf then guess he decided he was going to and told monty.

I guess I give 88 credit for dropping the mitts, and I’m glad he did it against an opponent who isn t a particularly good fighter, I’d be more worried if it was Bennett or Gadj although I think Gadj is more respectful in terms of he who fights. Last two fights between these teams were 2 bruins first fights ever (lindholm and pasta).

Last edited:

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Florida reminds me a bit of our 2011 team, not as tough I don’t think, but a team that can play any way they have to. I have high hopes we can make this a series, or even steal it, but I’m not really expecting that.
Agree. Was thinking of the similarities. Both gritty, a lot of heart, antagonistic, solid system and very hard to play against, good goaltending, deep offensively, good D.

Bruins back then though were bigger and tougher than this Florida squad, and less chippy (outside of Marchand who was a total prick to the Sedins and others).

Chara, Thornton, Horton, mcquaid, Lucic, among others punished the opponent physically and always were ready to drop the gloves. That’s different than the Panthers who hit, chirp, rough trying to get under your skin but aren’t as inclined usually to answer the bell.

It’s their approach and it works. Bruins and others have find a way to deal with it, period.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Exactly my point. When you encourage the instigator by letting him start it then call the penalty that is supposed to be “automatic” but really isn’t because it’s often let go, and the instigator doesn’t get called, it’s a powder keg.

Leafs series similar stuff happened with Domi and he got sent off…message sent, things calmed down. Tkachuk is the master at that stuff. Rarely gets called. Marchand used to be great at it, not so much anymore.

Players really just have to take it because the retaliation is often the only thing that gets called and you’re not going to exact revenge with the gloves off. Look at how Tkachuk drove doughty and Kassian nuts in the past. He owned them.
It’s not “supposed to be” automatic, it is automatic.
It is not often let go, if you take an opponent’s helmet off it is a penalty.
The ref was gonna let both Tkachuk and the B slide for what occurred. The Bruin taking Tkachuk helmet off is automatic 2 minutes.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

He went after rhino a bit during the previous scrum. Pasta and Tkachuk, both wearing As, were standing together waiting for refs to make their calls from that scrum. Idk what pasta was saying, but you could see Tkachuk ask him if he wanted to go. I guess Pasta wanted to go, right? He did fine. He’ll be back even more determined next game

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
They had the camera by the benches on Tkachuk before that. He was yelling “pasta wanna go”. Pasta shrugged like wtf then guess he decided he was going to and told monty.

I guess I give 88 credit for dropping the mitts, and I’m glad he did it against an opponent who isn t a particularly good fighter, I’d be more worried if it was Bennett or Gadj although I think Gadj is more respectful in terms of he who fights. Last two fights between these teams were 2 bruins first fights ever (lindholm and pasta).
I give him credit too. At this point shit is lost, they both agreed let the fists fly. Major props to Pasta for stepping up.

I think regardless of how this series goes for either team its going to be interesting

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
It’s not “supposed to be” automatic, it is automatic.
It is not often let go, if you take an opponent’s helmet off it is a penalty.
The ref was gonna let both Tkachuk and the B slide for what occurred. The Bruin taking Tkachuk helmet off is automatic 2 minutes.
Well it’s not always called, but whatever, you missed the entire point, and it’s really not worth continuing.

G3 Friday, will be interesting.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Well it’s not always called, but whatever, you missed the entire point, and it’s really not worth continuing.

G3 Friday, will be interesting.
No, I didn’t miss the point. The ref decided to let the tit for tat exchange in front of the net go. If he called something there, it would’ve been matching minors, not just a call on Tkachuk. There was going to be no penalties called on the play, at all. Then as things were starting to settle down, he yanks Tkachuk’s helmet off. The ref only called the penalty that the rule book leaves him no leeway to “let it go.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad