Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
My biggest beef with this is not how Dirty of a move it was by Benette ,but rather the lack of policing by the on ice officials and the NHL.

For this play to go undisciplined bye the official's and the league . Is an embarrassment to every knowledgeable ,passionate hockey fan, that wants the game to grow

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Ok just don’t complain when people call the panthers out for being spot picking rats, that’s all!

For instance I do not complain when ppl call Marchand a rat. It is what he is, he is the rat gawd. This may actually be a passing of the rat god torch to Tkachuk tbh

In terms of effectiveness, antagonizing and drawing penalties or not getting called for violations, that torch may have been passed already. Tkachuk is the king of poke, punch, stick, jaw, and avoid retribution from the refs or guys that challenge him.

I’m not discounting the effectiveness of his game. It’s deliberate and he never takes a
Shift off. He’s the best at it. Proved in the first minute of G2. Avoided anyone reasonably tough then Got pasta to fight him later in the game. He’s sneaky, he is unapologetically and deliberately cheap, he’s teflon because he’s also smart.

Panthers fans love him. No one else does.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
My biggest beef with this is not how Dirty of a move it was by Benette ,but rather the lack of policing by the on ice officials and the NHL.

For this play to go undisciplined bye the official's and the league . Is an embarrassment to every knowledgeable ,passionate hockey fan, that wants the game to grow
He's not French.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Why are people upset about this? Incidental contact two guys trying to hurt each other.

Does Marchand have a shoulder or rib injury?

This is such a nothing burger in the playoffs. There are so many more obvious cases of guys crossing the line that can be clearly seen on tape instead of resorting to bullshit speculation by butthurt Bruins fans.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
This is such a nothing burger in the playoffs. There are so many more obvious cases of guys going over the line that can be clearly seen on tape instead of resorting to bullshit speculation by butthurt Bruins fans.
I can’t see it even with slow motion…..the way everyone is reacting it’s like he attacked him while he was on the bench.

Marchand took a little run at him as he was heading to the bench and Bennett stood him up and gave him a 1/4 shot to to beak. Marchand fell and hurt his shoulder, ribs or neck when he hit the boards.

No issue with that play at all.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
This is such a nothing burger in the playoffs. There are so many more obvious cases of guys crossing the line that can be clearly seen on tape instead of resorting to bullshit speculation by butthurt Bruins fans.
It’s because the league said that, as a result of game 2, game 3 was going to be “heavily scrutinized”, which, of course, meant that it was only going to be so scrutinized for the Bruins while the angelic panthers were going to be allowed to continually get away with their constant crap. NHLOL hypocrisy at its finest.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I can’t see it even with slow motion…..the way everyone is reacting it’s like he attacked him while he was on the bench.

Marchand took a little run at him as he was heading to the bench and Bennett stood him up and gave him a 1/4 shot to to beak. Marchand fell and hurt his shoulder, ribs or neck when he hit the boards.

No issue with that play at all.

I thought it was shoulder too the way he got up. But if you're going to take a run at Bennett he's going to kill you, everyone should know that by now. Same as with Knies last year who tried to run over Bennett and was totally unprepared how thick this guy is and what he will do if you try to go at him.

It’s because the league said that, as a result of game 2, game 3 was going to be “heavily scrutinized”, which, of course, meant that it was only going to be so scrutinized for the Bruins while the angelic panthers were going to be allowed to continually get away with their constant crap. NHLOL hypocrisy at its finest.

Seriously, stfu.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I thought it was shoulder too the way he got up. But if you're going to take a run at Bennett he's going to kill you, everyone should know that by now. Same as with Knies last year who tried to run over Bennett and was totally unprepared how thick this guy is and what he will do if you try to go at him.

Seriously, stfu.

Wrong clip. That’s not Bennett on Marchand.

Reactions: CDJ

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Seriously, stfu.

With Knies he grabbed and threw down and then grabbed him again. Should have be a penalty on the play.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
With Knies he grabbed and threw down and then grabbed him again. Should have be a penalty on the play.

Sure and I wouldn't have had trouble with a penalty on that play. Bennett is a violent player who will punish you especially if you're going after him, that's also what makes him an excellent fighter. He goes berserk mode. Not popular nowadays.

edit
He doesn't do any of this slewfooting shit though. That's the coward stuff that the Bruins are embracing with their captain.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Sure and I wouldn't have had trouble with a penalty on that play. Bennett is a violent player who will punish you especially if you're going after him, that's also what makes him an excellent fighter. He goes berserk mode. Not popular nowadays.

edit
He doesn't do any of this slewfooting shit though. That's the coward stuff that the Bruins are are embracing with their captain.
The Bruins like to grab on and fall backwards and injure knees and ankles. McAvoy will do one next game.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
We were 2-0-1 against the Rangers this season, I have faith we can cause issues for you guys at least 5v5, if we end up meeting in the ECFs

Vasy
Swayman
Shesty

No one would have a harder road to climb than us, again if it works out that way. So far we have been up to the task. Fingers crossed.

I have that series being about as low scoring as you can possibly get. Expecting several marathon OT games and rarely breaking over 6 goals a game if at all.

Two very evenly matched teams. Weird series in that there's really not a lot of bad blood between the two. Unlike the Boston series I think it would be all hockey outside the usual scrums; both teams have too much to lose to take dumb penalties

Reactions: MaWa

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I have that series being about as low scoring as you can possibly get. Expecting several marathon OT games and rarely breaking over 6 goals a game if at all.

Two very evenly matched teams. Weird series in that there's really not a lot of bad blood between the two. Unlike the Boston series I think it would be all hockey outside the usual scrums; both teams have too much to lose to take dumb penalties
A tight series would be my expectation as well, providing both clubs make it of course.

PatchesOhoulihan

Apr 18, 2024
I agree that the Bs of old would have tried to take that tact. But seems in the 13 years since 2011 things have changed. Imagine Lucic, Chara, mcquaid, Horton, Thornton against these punks? They’d still poke the goalie, cross check someone after they scored, etc and when taken to task they’d turtle, flop, and Maurice would cry to the refs. As much as we might temporarily enjoy the push back, I wonder if it would play out in the panthers favor.

Being accountable, accepting a challenge when you’ve stepped over the line, that’s not as prevalent anymore. With the panthers it’s almost like they embrace douchery. Like it’s a badge of honor, the more dishonorable the better.

All this said, they are in my mind much better than the bruins and if they win the series it’s not because of thuggery.
Inject this into my veins

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
The Bruins have made a living with after the whistle bs. Intimidation and bullying have been their go to. Hearing their fans cry now about the dirty mean old Panthers is beyond ironic. And I respect the Bruins for always icing a talented and tough team. But their fans need to look into the mirror.
Are we in 2005 or something lmao like people have said the same shit about the Bruins for decades as if the team isn’t completely different.

Just like those dirty flyers, they haven’t changed since the 70s!!!

Reactions: Over the volcano

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Come on, man. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Absolutely.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

The reach from some of you are nuts. Who is starting the shit after every whistle blow? The Bruins kept trying to start shit every chance they got, to get the Panthers off their game, and the Panthers were having none of it. The slew foots by Marchand, the punches and elbows thrown, slashes by Swayman, etc., I guess those are normal hockey plays .

Were there missed calls, for sure. Ekblad could have definitely been called as well, when Bob got interfered with, but the make the Panthers out to be the NHLs saints is dumb AF.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
In terms of effectiveness, antagonizing and drawing penalties or not getting called for violations, that torch may have been passed already. Tkachuk is the king of poke, punch, stick, jaw, and avoid retribution from the refs or guys that challenge him.

I’m not discounting the effectiveness of his game. It’s deliberate and he never takes a
Shift off. He’s the best at it. Proved in the first minute of G2. Avoided anyone reasonably tough then Got pasta to fight him later in the game. He’s sneaky, he is unapologetically and deliberately cheap, he’s teflon because he’s also smart.

Panthers fans love him. No one else does.
U would too if he was on your team.. just one of those guys..

The Bruins have made a living with after the whistle bs. Intimidation and bullying have been their go to. Hearing their fans cry now about the dirty mean old Panthers is beyond ironic. And I respect the Bruins for always icing a talented and tough team. But their fans need to look into the mirror.
One can't be the bully and the victim

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
This thread quite possibly includes more whataboutisms than I can remember in any thread.

Bennett may have delivered a punch to Marchand = well whatabout Marchand licking Callahan 6 years ago?

Tkachuk is a dirty, instigating player who started much of the antagonism in the first period of game = the bruins have done that for years

Marchand took down someone by the boards with the oops I fell routine = what about Bennett fighting of all people Lindholm in the reg season.

No act is reviewed or discussed without a reference to the other teams actions. Like that makes it ok. Kinda silly.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This thread quite possibly includes more whataboutisms than I can remember in any thread.

Bennett may have delivered a punch to Marchand = well whatabout Marchand licking Callahan 6 years ago?

Tkachuk is a dirty, instigating player who started much of the antagonism in the first period of game = the bruins have done that for years

Marchand took down someone by the boards with the oops I fell routine = what about Bennett fighting of all people Lindholm in the reg season.

No act is reviewed or discussed without a reference to the other teams actions. Like that makes it ok. Kinda silly.

I’m waiting for folks to bring up things Eddie Shore did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad