GDT: ECQF - GM2: New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins (NBCSN, TSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkio

Jul 2, 2012
This is odd, to me. If he was NOT healed enough to play in game 1, I find it hard to believe that a mere 36 hours later, things have changed so much that he's good to go...

I guess we'll see; I hope he is.

Meanwhile, any news at all on Neal? Obviously, he's not in the game-day skate, and not skating with Kadar, and obviously the team won't say anything official...I hope it's not longer-term for him...

Me too man. Damn Pens and confusing everyone.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I'd be glad to see Sid back but he couldn't get clearance just two days ago and can now? Strange.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
It was said yesterday, and I think it's very plausible, that the doctor may have said that he's probably ok to play, but he would prefer that he wait until the end of the week. That appointment was Tuesday, not Wednesday, so it'll actually have been almost four days since that time. It's believable to me.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
This is odd, to me. If he was NOT healed enough to play in game 1, I find it hard to believe that a mere 36 hours later, things have changed so much that he's good to go...

Meanwhile, any news at all on Neal? Obviously, he's not in the game-day skate, and not skating with Kadar, and obviously the team won't say anything official...I hope it's not longer-term for him...
It could have simply been the doctor on Tuesday said he was extremely close but an extra day or two would be preferred. McKenzie did report he felt Crosby was so close it was going to be a game time decision from then out on whether Sid is in the lineup. And I don't think you'll hear anything after the skate other than that it is a game time decision.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Our top 6 is sick without James Neal. I wouldn't have believed that would be possible just a couple months ago.

The herculean effort that Shero and his staff put in to give this team all the pieces it could ever want this season (from finally seeing what we had in Tangradi once and for all, to taking a flier on a reclaimation project like Boychuk, to giving Despres and Bennett the shot to see if they could be significant contributors, to working out and then bringing and signed an experienced vet like Eaton for next to nothing, and then his massive hauling over the trade deadline) is nothing short of... there aren't even words. You just have to step back and be in awe of it.

The Front Office was NOT screwing around this time around.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'd be glad to see Sid back but he couldn't get clearance just two days ago and can now? Strange.

Maybe the doctor said he could play but he felt more comfortable if he waited a few more days. That would also explain why he hasn't had another appointment scheduled.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It was said yesterday, and I think it's very plausible, that the doctor may have said that he's probably ok to play, but he would prefer that he wait until the end of the week. That appointment was Tuesday, not Wednesday, so it'll actually have been almost four days since that time. It's believable to me.

Damn you beat me to it.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
How so? Players miss games due to injury and then come back and play a couple days later all the time.

I figured he got his jaw checked out and it wasn't healed enough just two days ago. Hard to imagine it would magically heal enough in the two days since. Maybe him missing game one was more a practice or conditioning thing or the doctors just wanted him to miss a minimum amount of time which he has now reached. Who knows.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Responding to Tender Rip from the pre-game thread:

Why report? Why not just laugh or counter the idiocy?
More so if you love that we are 'hated'.

Because then the discussion gets completely off track and just turns in to a bunch of bickering. There should just be a separate thread for each series where posters can say whatever they want along with the regular series/gdts.

Atren

Jun 29, 2011
Europe

Not really as you could say that to whatever time he returned -- like if he returned to game 4 then why not ready game 3 and so on.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 3m
SIDNEY CROSBY IS BACK!! Returns to lineup tonight for Game 2 vs Islanders!! #Pens #PITvsNYI

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
Neal out, Crosby back. Sucks to lose Neal and I hope it's nothing longterm, but I take that trade anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad