GDT: ECQF - GM2: New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins (NBCSN, TSN) | Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Awful game.

I think Geno was bad, really bad. First shift was good. Also Iggy played bad. And Engo, two stupid penalties.

Defense (+Flower) played like in 2012 playoffs against the Flyers.

But now we have to forgot this game.

Any update on Brooksy?

If the rest of the team had been as bad as Malkin was tonight, then nobody would be ********. Unfortunately, all of them, except Sid, were as bad as you think Malkin was.

nTsplnk*

Yup, I'm with you. Not at all out of line to say Fleury could have been better but putting the entire thing on him is a joke. The team played like absolute **** from top to bottom with very few exceptions. Even in the first period when Fleury looked amazing people were *****ing about how much it looked like a game from last season's playoffs.

Fleury gave up 3 soft goals. He was playing lights out-but he let in 3 really, really bad goals.

Those goals were momentum shifters.

The team was pathetic-and those goals made them more pathetic because they were just deflating.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
One more thing that irritates me:

Crosby played 0:00 of PK (I'm OK with that) but 3-more minutes than Geno.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Absolutely. I think we can all agree to that (even KIRK). That said, this was one of the most inspired efforts I've seen from Geno in a while.

I agree he needs to be more judicious. I don't think there's a night where I've ever said otherwise about him or Sid. BUT, when those two play like they did tonight (a night where BOTH of them were going) and people are ******** about Geno 10X more than they were on Wednesday, it's just beyond stupid.

nTsplnk*

Bylsma has an unhealthy obsession for faceoffs win, so he disregarded the original plan of having Sutter's line against Tavares's in order to win some more faceoffs (as Sutter's was beaten pretty regularly on the draw by Tavares, he put Crosby in his place)

Same thing with Jokinen in Bennett's spot on the Malkin line, in order to have him take the right circle draws.

Another problem is, IMO, he has too much confidence in the Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis line, that he wouldn't give Crosby and Malkin some shifts together at the end, even though it was clearly much needed.

Honestly, what difference does it make about faceoffs if you just lose the damned battles anyway?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
If a series called out for Despres and Vitale, its this one.

We need one more "skate out of trouble" d, and a fast forechecker. Heck, as long as his minutes are managed, I'd also dress TK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad