Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - IT'S OVER - THIS IS GOING TO HURT FOR A LONG, LONG, LONG TIME

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The room got complacent after winning Games 3 and 4 in Florida.

We all expected an easy win in Game 5 but the Panthers came to play.

Playing Bergie in Game 5 in hindsight was a fatal mistake. Then in Game 6 I really got worried as the Bruins were playing scared. Then Monty meets the press and gushes what a great game.

Their lack of practices was another self-inflicted wound as the series slogged on.

I think I am angrier now than I was 2 days ago.

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
If you don’t think physicality was a major difference in this series then I don’t know what to tell you. Bruins dmen were intimidated, they coughed up pucks on cue. Meanwhile Raudko effin Gudas was stomping out B’s forwards. Frederic & Hathaway flyby stick checks left the Panthers dmen extremely confident in getting puck out.

The Bruins offense scored plenty. The defense was Orlov Grzelcyk Clifton etc plenty of speed. Yet they’re out in round 1. Are you telling me this team would need more Paille & Kelly over Boychuk McQuaid Miller Ference?

This times million. We need coach who lets and demands players to play tough. Remember "don't poke the bear". Now every team in league know that if you poke the bear then bear surrenders.
There were players in roster who could have stop FLA's intimidations.
Who told them to play nice? Bergy, Monty, Sweeney, Neely, Jacobs or who? If referees don't whistle minor offences and all the Shenanigans after whistle then use it for your advantage. Now they let guys who are not even tough, to intimidate the whole team without any retaliation.
It gets really old and quite a fast for players morale to just take punches.
People use to laugh if someone even dare to propose to trade for Lucic.
Lucic instead of Hathaway or Foligno would have been easy series for Boston.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
We can talk about how great the Panthers were, but if Marchand just scores on the breakaway we’re calling them fodder and playing the Leafs right now.

The Bruins had 10 chances to close this thing out and somehow choked in all of them. This series is way more on the Bruins getting complacent than Florida being great in my opinion.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The room got complacent after winning Games 3 and 4 in Florida.

Their lack of practices was another self-inflicted wound as the series slogged on.

I think I am angrier now than I was 2 days ago.
1683113975353.png

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Jimmy Hayes had 19 for Florida and finished his career in the AHL. Sometimes they get a lucky run. I don’t know if he’s Jimmy Hayes, but he’s looking more that than not right now.
Freddy reminds me of JDB in that he developed slowly and has played below his draft status. He's also become a favorite whipping boy here.

I feel like Jake playing under a coach like Monty has given him much more confidence. I hope the front office resigns him for a reasonable contract as Freddy stated he wants to return. I feel like the best Is yet to come from him and like Jake will erase the whipping boy status here.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Back to back nights of having a dream that they actually won their first round series.

Its like a freshly opened wound every time I wake up.
Starting to think we’re going to take over for the Leafs ,ineptitude in the first rounds .Lol

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
It is time to move on from Bergy and Krejci their Cup aspirations have gone astray. Come playoff time both of them always seemed to be injured. Although very difficult they have to try and install some youth into the lineup.

Probably will not be fun for a few years but when you go all in and fall flat on your face this is what happens. DS has sure got his work cut out for him now with no high draft picks to choose replacements. Going to have to do some fancy wheeling and dealing now.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It is time to move on from Bergy and Krejci their Cup aspirations have gone astray. Come playoff time both of them always seemed to be injured. Although very difficult they have to try and install some youth into the lineup.

Probably will not be fun for a few years but when you go all in and fall flat on your face this is what happens. DS has sure got his work cut out for him now with no high draft picks to choose replacements. Going to have to do some fancy wheeling and dealing now.
No way they both should come back no way Sweeney should even consider it ,he should tell Krejci before he even goes home ,Bergeron is a different story I think,reduced minutes,no more killing penalties.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Freddy reminds me of JDB in that he developed slowly and has played below his draft status. He's also become a favorite whipping boy here.

I feel like Jake playing under a coach like Monty has given him much more confidence. I hope the front office resigns him for a reasonable contract as Freddy stated he wants to return. I feel like the best Is yet to come from him and like Jake will erase the whipping boy status here.
Freddy had a growth season , lots of positives.

Its laughable posters ripping up on this kid, he 's a center playing wing pushed up and down the line up and still produced and became a better player.

He's a solid bottom 6 player that can move up when called on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad