GDT: ECQF GAME 7 - 8:14 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs (3) @ BOSTON BRUINS (3) - I assure you Woll is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I saw the old post before the edit…well since 1987, Habs have lost 7 playoff series and won 5 to Boston, a little bit of change in fortune in the more recent years. Little bit of revenge in a history of horrors.

Before that, well it was many days of crying and tears in Boston. I still remember the “too many men on the ice” game like it was yesterday. I’ve hated Flowers ever since….

Cheers, have fun tonight watching!
Great post.
Cheers

Reactions: Summer Rose

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Let's recap.

The Leafs haven't beat the Bruins in the playoffs since the late 50's. The Leafs lost 6 straight games against the Bruins before this series (last win Nov 2022). They were without Nylander or Matthews for all the games and a rookie backup goaltender the last 3. They had a 3-1 series lead, and if they lose, become the biggest chokers in any of the major north American sports.

Yeah the pressure is on them.
Nah. They'd need to blow a 4-1 lead in the 3rd to lose the series before they match the Leafs

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Just means the ice will be shit again tonight, and the Bs are trying to get a feel for it.
If Sweeney was really smart, he would’ve played the gracious host act and let the Leafs skate this AM at the Broons “awesome, modern training complex”

More like he is trying to get his players through their nerves dressing and sitting in the arena in the morning. Bruins players are scared to come to the game tonight

Reactions: Summer Rose

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This is a team that is nervous as hell and mentally vulnerable

All of the statements you keep making about the Bruins also apply to the Leafs.

I'm far from a Bruins fan but they've basically overachieved in the regular season. Yes to blow a 3-1 lead would be bad, but it would also be against a team that is allegedly very good.

The Leafs on the other hand have made it to Round 2 once in the last 20 years. Tonight they have a chance to avoid yet another playoff disaster. That's a lot of pressure.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

I'm far from a Bruins fan but they've basically overachieved in the regular season. Yes to blow a 3-1 lead would be bad, but it would also be against a team that is allegedly very good.

The Leafs on the other hand have made it to Round 2 once in the last 20 years. Tonight they have a chance to avoid yet another playoff disaster. That's a lot of pressure.

Leafs won their series last year, not a talking point here anymore. Leafs without Matthews, they are the underdogs. Pressure on the Bruins

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Both teams will feel pressure. It’s game 7. The variance in pre-game pressure is meaningless. But one team will have 18k people either also feeling pressure or cheering them on. Bruins need a much much much better start than the last two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad