GDT: ECQF GAME 7 - 8:14 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs (3) @ BOSTON BRUINS (3) - I assure you Woll is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Between Boston's fear of choking away the series and Toronto's fear of choking away their core, I'm not sure which team will be squeezing their sticks harder. As a non-fan of both, my only consolation is one of them is guaranteed to lose
Truly.

This game seems to be more who chokes harder more than who plays better.

I think Toronto ends up winning as they have a bit less pressure due to injury excuses, even if it’s a lame excuse.

Boston has absolutely nothing to hang their hat on if they blow this. Their ownership isn’t scared of making big moves, I won’t be shocked to see some MAJOR changes if that happens

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I said this in the Leaf forum but as a fan I’m not nervous at all to be honest. I feel all the pressure is on Boston. Leafs were left for dead after game 4, and massive changes coming. That could still happen. We’ve been here so many times as a team and fanbase, there’s nothing to be nervous about. If they lose changes come, if they win its historic for Boston
Changes are coming anyway.

And for real, are either of these teams getting past Florida?

To me this comeback is just a bonus at a chance to FINALLY maybe beat the Bruins. We're already completely their bitch let's just admit that.

So yeah, no nerves here either.

They could pull another "it was 4-1" scenario in the third again and I won't even be bothered.

Too scarred at this point, the skin is thick as can be, a loss lets me get on with my life just when the good weather is coming out.

A win would feel amazing though.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Given both teams history, it is safe to say that both teams are facing massive pressure. One faces a half century + of disappointment. The other faces the possibility to be the only team (regardless of sport) to lose a series after being up 3 - 1, twice in a row. The team that comes out on top will feel confident going into the next series but will be in tough. This is what the playoffs are all about. Pressure gets cranked to 100. I'm here for it.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
You can’t get Montreal smoked meat, Montreal style pizza, steamies or Lafleur style fries… you have to go to Montreal for that.Trust me, I’ve looked everywhere in the GTA for it.

Also, Toronto isn’t great for Mexican.
Looking in the wrong place. And never heard of half of those dishes.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Given both teams history, it is safe to say that both teams are facing massive pressure. One faces a half century + of disappointment. The other faces the possibility to be the only team (regardless of sport) to lose a series after being up 3 - 1, twice in a row. The team that comes out on top will feel confident going into the next series but will be in tough. This is what the playoffs are all about. Pressure gets cranked to 100. I'm here for it.

Disagree with this narrative. This group doesn't own 50+ years of not winning a cup. They might own their time in the league but most teams have that over them.

Leafs finished their demons LAST year. They won their series. The other team is still trying to fight theirs.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Disagree with this narrative. This group doesn't own 50+ years of not winning a cup. They might own their time in the league but most teams have that over them.

Leafs finished their demons LAST year. They won their series. The other team is still trying to fight theirs.
Winning a series is your demon? hahahaha. The Leafs are in no way a demon for the Bruins. They havent lost to them in years

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Bruins lineup yet? Many in Toronto say Keefe's job is not for sure on the line. MLSE likes their cushy corporate environment where as long as you are loyal, you keep your job.

Monty on the other hand... the Bruins reefed Cassidy.. they won't have any qualms about firing Monts.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I mean, yes? It clearly was lol. They couldn't eliminate a team. They did that. And they will do it again tonight.

That's why tonight is gunna be so much fun
Fine. Im pretty sure the players arent worried since they just dont lose to the Leafs in the playoffs. Enjoy your rebuild

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Let's recap.

The Leafs haven't beat the Bruins in the playoffs since the late 50's. The Leafs lost 6 straight games against the Bruins before this series (last win Nov 2022). They were without Nylander or Matthews for all the games and a rookie backup goaltender the last 3. They had a 3-1 series lead, and if they lose, become the biggest chokers in any of the major north American sports.

Yeah the pressure is on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad