GDT: ECQF GAME 7 - 8:14 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs (3) @ BOSTON BRUINS (3) - I assure you Woll is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
This is gaslighting at its finest

The underdog team, coming back from 3-1 down, who hasn’t had the pleasure playing their actual lineup for 6 straight games, and who everyone on this website says is dogshit and laughs at for being beaten by the bruins again and losing another fist round playoff series has … all the pressure?

But not the team fighting for the division title, who won the presidents trophy last year and choked an all time great season away to give up another 3-1 series lead to an 8 seed, riiiiiiight

Yes. You are correct.

Boston has a cup everyone remembers. Toronto is supposed to have won multiple cups within the last 5 years, yet they won one playoff round instead.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
But if the Leafs lose there is still going to be changes no? And that's pressure for the team, and I would imagine pressure for the fans as well even if some of the fanbase would absolutely welcome it.

I just contested that "there's no pressure on the Leafs". Both teams have immense pressure to win tonight.
Yes, I think there will still be changes. But I think there is far more pressure on Boston, personally, given the circumstances.

Yes. You are correct.

Boston has a cup everyone remembers. Toronto is supposed to have won multiple cups within the last 5 years, yet they won one playoff round instead.
They won the cup 13 years ago. Let's not act like it's the same team at all.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Yes, I think there will still be changes. But I think there is far more pressure on Boston, personally, given the circumstances.
Marner's Leaf future is on the line. I firmly believe that. If the Leafs want him to stay, they better come to play

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Yes. You are correct.

Right. Toronto was hopefully going to win a cup before Tavares started to decline and the young guns got paid.

It didn’t happen. That was yesterday though. The young guns are vets now, Tavares is showing his age, no one expects this team to win without changes.

You’re talking about yesterday, but we are living in today.

Today where the bruins are going to become the first major sports team to be heavily favored over an opponent and choke a 3-1 series lead in back to back years.

A Boston team who thought they could keep the ball rolling on their mediocre success. Who gives a shit about a cup from 15 years ago? Most of the kids in maple leaf square cheering for this leaf team tonight don’t remember that.

Only us boomers do, and that’s reaching so far back for glory that toddlers have been raised, grown up, in university now and working jobs and buying beers in maple leaf square tonight since that happened.

Stop living in the past, the leafs stopped Tampa’s dynasty last year and this year they’ll put the final nail in bostons coffin, after tonight bruins fans will know their team is done. Just like Tampa fans are realizing

I’ve met my wife, gotten married, changed careers, went from renting a house to owning one, and had 3 children since Boston won a cup

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Pasta sucks

Most overrated player in the league on hfboards

He certainly needs to step up tonight but that is a bit of a reach, the Leafs coaches and players are well aware they have to blanket him, which they have been doing well. He hasn't been able to get a ton of ice out there, and the Bruins coaches have not made the proper adjustments to figure out how to get him better opportunities yet, last chance tonight.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
If you look at this series in a vacuum I don’t think the Leafs losing should count as catastrophic at all. Missing the best player for 2 (probably 3) games, another top player for 3 other games, and they’re playing a team that was better in the regular season.

The series would more be the straw that broke the camels back than something that was independently catastrophic.
Yeah I mean if you forget about the past few years it wouldn't probably be a big deal for the Leafs. But alas, the past few years exist, so it's a different story here.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Both fans have PTSD going into this game 7 and I bet you sick f*** neutral fans are just eating it up aren't you?!?!?!
200w (25).gif

:cool:

Strangle

May 4, 2009
He certainly needs to step up tonight but that is a bit of a reach, the Leafs coaches and players are well aware they have to blanket him, which they have been doing well. He hasn't been able to get a ton of ice out there, and the Bruins coaches have not made the proper adjustments to figure out how to get him better opportunities yet, last chance tonight.

Don’t come in here being reasonable, I’m mocking HFboards posters takes on Matthews here lol

Just substituting pasta instead of Matthews :laugh:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think I will disagree with this one, but let's just leave it at that. One thing I will say, how the game overall plays out has a much bigger effect on the Leafs than the Bruins. Bruins need to win in any way, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if they lose in overtime, it's still a choke job by them.

If the Leafs lose a very close game, I think there might actually be a narrative out there that "it was deemed a close series anyways, and we played without Matthews and Nylander for some games, and we only went with the better goalie from G5 on" etc. I think there would still be changes, but the narrative surrounding the organization would be much different than after what it was after G4.

BUT, if it's another one of those "no show" games where the Leafs are just completely outclassed, then I think the narrative goes back to after G4 and these G5 and G6 wins were all for nothing. If it's another disappointment at the biggest moment, the comeback was all for nothing.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I think I will disagree with this one, but let's just leave it at that. One thing I will say, how the game overall plays out has a much bigger effect on the Leafs than the Bruins. Bruins need to win in any way, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if they lose in overtime, it's still a chokejob by them.

If the Leafs lose a very close game, I think there might actually be a narrative out there that it was deemed a close series anyways, and we played without Matthews and Nylander for some games, and we only went with the better goalie from G5 on etc. I think there would still be changes, but the narrative surounding the organization would be much different than after what it was after G4.

BUT, if it's another one of those "no show" games where the Leafs are just completely outclassed, then I think the narrative goes back to after G4 and these G5 and G6 wins were all for nothing. If it's another disapointment at the biggest moment, the comeback was all for nothing.

If the leafs get blown out, those last two wins are just as useless as Pasta’s points in this series

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
i feel conned. My first time in Toronto there was some sort of garbage pickup strike. Streets were piled with trash bags. The only other time i arrived at 2am, slept all afternoon, did a quick touristy thing at the CN tower and went directly to a bruins game, which Phil Kessel (on the leafs) won in a shootout lol

I got robbed last time I was in Toronto. Just bad luck, I know, but your heart and mind don’t always get on the same page.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I mean I sort of get why Leafs fans are trying to convince everyone of how all of the pressure is on Boston, but that sounds so much like coping lol. "Either we win a game 7 finally and slay the Bruins, or we are going to get a change in the core and philosophy, so we win either way". Yeah sure I get that, but where was this narrative when the series started? I don't think I heard any Leafs fan say that they would be happy if they lose a G7 because at least change is coming. This narrative has been worked up since the comeback.

The only people who really don't have any pressure are neutral fans, we get to laugh either way.
There's no pressure on the fans of the Leafs and Bruins either. What are you talking about? How would there be pressure on any fans?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I got robbed last time I was in Toronto. Just bad luck, I know, but your heart and mind don’t always get on the same page.
Sorry that happened to you :(

Last time I was in Boston was for Game 5 in 2018, and we went to some Irish bar right near the Garden before the game. Only Leafs fans in the whole bar, surprisingly no one said anything to us, other than an older gentleman at the table next to us who was quite nice. Then as we were leaving there were tons of cop cars outside and blood all over the sidewalk cause someone was stabbed.

We went out somewhere else post game and the manager of the bar gave us all free shots cause the Leafs won. Boston is probably my favourite city in the US.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
There's no pressure on the fans of the Leafs and Bruins either. What are you talking about? How would there be pressure on any fans?
Well, I guess techically there isn't pressure on the fans. But what I mean is this: If you say you have no pressure as a fan going to a big game, it means that it doesn't matter if you win or lose. I don't think that's the case with either fanbase here. There are going to be big implications for either organization going forward.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Pasta hasn’t done great but Marchy has been the best skater in this series. 8 points in 6 games, been bullying Bertuzzi and aggravating the shit out of Max Domi
Toronto is so much better off ignoring Marchand than they are going after him.

Pastrnak is tied with Tavares for shots on goal in the series and he could certainly be better.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Well, I guess techically there isn't pressure on the fans. But what I mean is this: If you say you have no pressure as a fan going to a big game, it means that it doesn't matter if you win or lose. I don't think that's the case with either fanbase here. There are going to be big implications for either organization going forward.
If you're a regular poster on HF, there is tons of pressure ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad