GDT: ECQF GAME 7 - 8:14 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs (3) @ BOSTON BRUINS (3) - I assure you Woll is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I mean I sort of get why Leafs fans are trying to convince everyone of how all of the pressure is on Boston, but that sounds so much like coping lol. "Either we win a game 7 finally and slay the Bruins, or we are going to get a change in the core and philosophy, so we win either way". Yeah sure I get that, but where was this narrative when the series started? I don't think I heard any Leafs fan say that they would be happy if they lose a G7 because at least change is coming. This narrative has been worked up since the comeback.

The only people who really don't have any pressure are neutral fans, we get to laugh either way.

This is gaslighting at its finest

The underdog team, coming back from 3-1 down, who hasn’t had the pleasure playing their actual lineup for 6 straight games, and who everyone on this website says is dogshit and laughs at for being beaten by the bruins again and losing another fist round playoff series has … all the pressure?

But not the team fighting for the division title, who won the presidents trophy last year and choked an all time great season away to give up another 3-1 series lead to an 8 seed, riiiiiiight

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Seen Pasta? Wonder if his tummy has been a little rumbly the last week :cool:

I mean, Matthews single handedly won game 2.

Might be a good idea to scratch pasta for game 7, see if the team comes together and the bruins depth wakes up

Because their ‘stars’ haven’t done shit
Pasta hasn’t done great but Marchy has been the best skater in this series. 8 points in 6 games, been bullying Bertuzzi and aggravating the shit out of Max Domi

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I mean I sort of get why Leafs fans are trying to convince everyone of how all of the pressure is on Boston, but that sounds so much like coping lol. "Either we win a game 7 finally and slay the Bruins, or we are going to get a change in the core and philosophy, so we win either way". Yeah sure I get that, but where was this narrative when the series started? I don't think I heard any Leafs fan say that they would be happy if they lose a G7 because at least change is coming. This narrative has been worked up since the comeback.

The only people who really don't have any pressure are neutral fans, we get to laugh either way.
The pressure is on both teams, but one team was down 3-1 and looked truly awful in Game 4, so there was very little hope/expectation that the Leafs would come back and win three in a row. As a result, most Leafs fans accepted that the series was over. Meanwhile, Boston has blown a 3-1 series lead and has to turn the momentum that is completely in the other team's favour.

The underdog team, coming back from 3-1 down, who hasn’t had the pleasure playing their actual lineup for 6 straight games, and who everyone on this website says is dogshit and laughs at for being beaten by the bruins again and losing another fist round playoff series has … all the pressure?

But not the team fighting for the division title, who won the presidents trophy last year and choked an all time great season away to give up another 3-1 series lead to an 8 seed, riiiiiiight
This.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Seen Pasta? Wonder if his tummy has been a little rumbly the last week :cool:

I mean, Matthews single handedly won game 2.

Might be a good idea to scratch pasta for game 7, see if the team comes together and the bruins depth wakes up

Because their ‘stars’ haven’t done shit
Yes, Pasta is playing.

Matthew's is taking the month off apparently.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Let’s face it - Leafs are extremely lucky to be in Game 7. They got a lucky bounce in Game 5 after a ton of opportunities for Boston to put away the game. Game 6 they got away with murder and Boston got called for literally touching the Leafs lol.

But there’s very few things promised in life - death, taxes, and Leafs choking in Game 7.

Lady Luck be mine!!

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

IKMXExz.gif

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I'm not saying Boston doesn't have pressure, they absolutely do. I think it's fair to say that both teams face the equal amount of pressure, because change is coming if they lose. I just don't buy this narrative from Leafs fans that "Oh there's no pressure on Toronto anymore, it's all on Boston. Because we are going to win and be happy or lose, get the changes we wanted and then we are happy". This narrative didn't exist before the series, nor did it actually exist when the series was 3-1 and the Leafs were facing elimination.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Any traditionally "Toronto" type food with which I could attempt to bribe him?

I recommend something maple, on theme with the Maple Leafs.

Waffles with Maple syrup. It's very on point. If the Leafs lose you can even throw them.

Everyone else is overthinking it.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The pressure is on both teams, but one team was down 3-1 and looked truly awful in Game 4, so there was very little hope/expectation that the Leafs would come back and win three in a row. As a result, most Leafs fans accepted that the series was over. Meanwhile, Boston has blown a 3-1 series lead and has to turn the momentum that is completely in the other team's favour.
But if the Leafs lose there is still going to be changes no? And that's pressure for the team, and I would imagine pressure for the fans as well even if some of the fanbase would absolutely welcome it.

I just contested that "there's no pressure on the Leafs". Both teams have immense pressure to win tonight.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Well, the series happened. After game 4 we all accepted we were losing. This is literally garbage time for most of us. We got over our anger for the most part. Now we wait for changes to the team if they lose.

But no one expected the Leafs to rally like this and start playing this level of desperation defense. No one expected Woll to refind his form in time.

So basically, other fans will dunk on us and pretend it is the greatest thing ever like they always do and like we were planning parades and are all crushed. Our forum will explode due to being upset of a fresh game just finishing. The sun will come up, and we will get to see a new coach and new team next season with some real positives (Woll, Knies showing they are something).

Meanwhile, should the Leafs win.. Oh boy.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Well, the series happened. After game 4 we all accepted we were losing. This is literally garbage time for most of us. We got over our anger for the most part. Now we wait for changes to the team if they lose.

But no one expected the Leafs to rally like this and start playing this level of desperation defense. No one expected Woll to refind his form in time.

So basically, other fans will dunk on us and pretend it is the greatest thing ever like they always do and like we were planning parades and are all crushed. Our forum will explode due to being upset of a fresh game just finishing. The sun will come up, and we will get to see a new coach and new team next season with some real positives (Woll, Knies showing they are something).

No one should be surprised the Leafs started winning. Their biggest liability sat out the last 2 games and Marner and Nylander stepped up and each won a game for them.

Strangle

May 4, 2009

One thing we all did expect though, was for pasta to disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad