GDT: ECQF Game 4|Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders|07.May.2013|Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
It would be nice if 90% of the board didn't EXPECT MAF to fail.

He brought this vitriol on himself. He's a ****ing mental case, and he's shown it repeatedly since '09.

He should be as good as gone, but good luck to Shero for finding a taker on that contract.

MAF was bad but TV wouldn't have made a difference.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Thing is...pens ....bylsma....already knew they needed to play better. They already had their "wake up" call. And still played like this. There's no improving. Not unless vokoun can come in and shut them down. That is literally the only thing that gets us out of the series. It's all on vokoun. And it's not even a certainty he plays...lol.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
the first time ever, I hear from ol'29er and even Jay scrtaching their head how Pens didn't bither to change anything

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Im still pretty sure they will win the series, but you have to bench Fleury right now. The right move would have been to pull him after the 4th goal, then reinsert him

I agree entirely.

After that 4th goal I would have pulled Fleury and then re-instated him as starter for Game 5...Fleury has a history of bouncing back in fine form after being pulled...but with the way this unfolded...the red nuclear button is there and it has to be pushed. Vokoun has to start, and unless he absolutely blows it in Game 5 he has to remain the starter for at least the remainder of this series...and after that I don't think you can really go back. Fleury's tissue paper confidence is already destroyed.

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
Thing is...pens ....bylsma....already knew they needed to play better. They already had their "wake up" call. And still played like this. There's no improving. Not unless vokoun can come in and shut them down. That is literally the only thing that gets us out of the series. It's all on vokoun. And it's not even a certainty he plays...lol.

No way Vokoun plays..

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
Hows that stubbornness paying off for you Bylsma, Mr "dictate the game and how its played"? Send Glass, Adams, and Eaton to Wheeling. Get rid of MAF. Call up MacIntyre. Dress Bortuzzo. Dress Vokoun. **** up the Islanders. Profit.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
We didn't play a great game, but we played much better than the previous two games. We outshot them (31 - 24) and weren't run around nearly as much. Not to put it all on Fleury, but if we had a competent goalie in net we would have won. If Vokoun is solid, we'll win this series and hopefully calm down for the rest of the playoffs.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I'm calling BS. You've defend MAF on every bad goal this playoffs. He's horrific in the playoffs and you seem to be the only person who doesn't see it. Why? What more does he actually have to do for you?

I've a question for you: why do you ignore the mistakes the team makes that lead to scoring opportunities against Fleury? No doubt he let in two really bad goals, but there's a bigger picture to this.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Fleury's meltdown will pull attention away from the fact that the Penguins STILL CANNOT GET THE PUCK IN THE DEFENSIVE ZONE.

And then after they get it, they cannot get it out.

I don't even have the energy to make a sexual joke there.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
We didn't play a great game, but we played much better than the previous two games. We outshot them (31 - 24) and weren't run around nearly as much. Not to put it all on Fleury, but if we had a competent goalie in net we would have won. If Vokoun is solid, we'll win this series and hopefully calm down for the rest of the playoffs.

aside from your stats, you are completely wrong.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
says the guy who is giddy that MAF **** the bed so he can call someone out on the internet...

who the **** is GIDDY over this? we're all furious. his play is pathetic and the Fleury apologists aren't making it any better. that includes you.

there is NO. EXCUSE. FOR. FLEURY'S. MISTAKES. TONIGHT.

NONE.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Vokoun from this point on. Fleury has to beat his own demons before he can beat teams. Call an exorcist. Or a (good) goaltending coach.

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
I'm pulling for this team to lose. Just so Blysma gets fired.

I am reaching this point, this team WILL NOT win a cup with him behind the bench. The guy makes no in game changes, juggles lines too much, does nothing to adjust the lines to needs.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Sure glad glass was in there instead of Bennett. Seriously, how many of you would actually sacrifice the embarrassment of losing to the isles if it gets bylsma canned? Yes it would be a horrible off season and a wasted 4 years. But why waste even more years with bylsma ? Is obviously him. We have the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad