Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You could tell the Leafs toned down the unnecessary physicality last night, they weren't looking to run guys and get into scrums after every whistle which led to Boston powerplays in previous games

Only took them over half the series to realize this!
I feel like being down 3-1 kinda took a lot of the pressure off the leafs roster.

I mean the type of hate they got after/during game 4, not sure it gets much worse…. So they just came out looking relaxed…. All the pressure shifted to Boston and they looked flat footed much of the game

Yeah I'd say over the entire series its been fairly even, and the series score shows that. Leafs have maybe drove the play overall a bit more, but have had a lot of bad mistakes that the Bruins capitalize on, and then ofc special teams and goaltending.

Both teams look poised to get smoked by Florida next round though.
Ya I don’t really like either teams chance vs a rested Florida team, that looks like it’s firing on all cylinders

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Idk, not a fan of those arguement

I think the series overall has been close enough, that Toronto could have easily been the team up 3-2 with a non anemic power play/penalty kill…. Or timely scoring/goaltending

I also don’t think bostons played particularly good outside of game 4, swayman been the factor in the series
I agree with this.

Boston hasn’t played as well as they could. Leafs still can’t get their special teams rolling.

Neither team looks ready to win a series

Florida must be licking their lips

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Idk, not a fan of those arguement

I think the series overall has been close enough, that Toronto could have easily been the team up 3-2 with a non anemic power play/penalty kill…. Or timely scoring/goaltending

I also don’t think bostons played particularly good outside of game 4, swayman been the factor in the series
I think the overall perception, especially from non-Leaf fans, was after that abysmal showing Saturday when they went down 3-1, the series was one-sided and the Leafs were being blown out of the water. I mean, one of the arguments was if it wasn't for Matthews, the series would have been a sweep.

Leaf fans were pissed Saturday, and rightfully so. That was a gut-check game, after years of failure, a huge game on Saturday night at home against a hated rival, and they delivered that garbage performance. Special teams have been awful. Good on the fanbase for calling them out.

My point is this series has been a lot closer than some would care to admit. I think we both agree on that.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I'm sure it's been posted already but too good to not post again. The look of dismay when he realized one of his own turned against him

post-game-thead-game-5-tor-2-bos-1-ot-v0-13kj88kymqxc1.jpeg

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think the overall perception, especially from non-Leaf fans, was after that abysmal showing Saturday when they went down 3-1, the series was one-sided and the Leafs were being blown out of the water. I mean, one of the arguments was if it wasn't for Matthews, the series would have been a sweep.

Leaf fans were pissed Saturday, and rightfully so. That was a gut-check game, after years of failure, a huge game on Saturday night at home against a hated rival, and they delivered that garbage performance. Special teams have been awful. Good on the fanbase for calling them out.

My point is this series has been a lot closer than some would care to admit. I think we both agree on that.
Take into consideration some fans are purely giving it to leafs fan for fun (myself included).

Ya it’s been a close series… Boston has been dominating the special team battle, that + goaltending is the big difference.

Still weird to me that Toronto is struggling on powerplay with that much talent.

The teams are so opposite it makes for a good matchup
Toronto is a power house offensively
Boston is great in net + defensively… with opportunistic offense

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Take into consideration some fans are purely giving it to leafs fan for fun (myself included).

Ya it’s been a close series… Boston has been dominating the special team battle, that + goaltending is the big difference.

Still weird to me that Toronto is struggling on powerplay with that much talent.

The teams are so opposite it makes for a good matchup
Toronto is a power house offensively
Boston is great in net + defensively… with opportunistic offense
Coaching changes are badly needed. I am torn on this series because as much as I would love to beat Boston, if it keeps Keefe and co around longer I am not sure that is a good thing.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Coaching changes are badly needed. I am torn on this series because as much as I would love to beat Boston, if it keeps Keefe and co around longer I am not sure that is a good thing.
At the end of the day you have to cheer your team on. If the Leafs beat Boston then get pounded by Florida I don’t think it’ll change a lot of what’s to come. If the Leafs go on a run then maybe it means things aren’t as gloomy as we thought.

Either way I’d never cheer for this team to lose while in a position like this

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
100% agree

Keefe ain’t the guy…. And winning prob prolongs his time in Toronto

Reactions: Summer Rose

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Yeah I'd say over the entire series its been fairly even, and the series score shows that. Leafs have maybe drove the play overall a bit more, but have had a lot of bad mistakes that the Bruins capitalize on, and then ofc special teams and goaltending.

Both teams look poised to get smoked by Florida next round though.
Florida hasnt beat the B's all season.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Exact thing happened to us in NJ last year but probably a bit different when it continues to happen versus a shock year, any chance that the Leafs would change coaches even in a series win?

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
That's quite the take on what happened :laugh:
He charged from a distance into a pile of 4 guys and tackled Marchand . What’s the league going to do if Marchand was hurt by that and missed games? Frigging guy is a lunatic with no self control. Dude needs to be on meds .

• Haha
Reactions: 93gilmour93

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
He charged from a distance into a pile of 4 guys and tackled Marchand . What’s the league going to do if Marchand was hurt by that and missed games? Frigging guy is a lunatic with no self control. Dude needs to be on meds .
If Marchand stopped acting like a donkey out there the ref wouldn't try to stop him and the best part is Marchand went full dive mode not realizing it was the ref. He's such a clown :laugh:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

The Bruins have been playing extremely conservatively and letting the Leafs play their flashy perimeter style, chasing hits, etc. Hardly speaks to which is "better". Last night the Bruins took it to an absurd level between utter lack of engagement and the changes by Montgomery.

Nonsensical how this team sits on leads, whether within a game or series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad