Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
They score or set up a goal nearly every game despite missing one of them.
Yet in the regular season they scored 164 goals or exactly 2 a game on avg plus many others they would have set up scored by someoneone else.

In the Playoffs they have 3 goals between them.

Yeah, Samsonov is not the second coming of Bower, Belfour, Plante, Dryden or Roy but he is not paid to be either. These 4 are paid to be the second coming of Gilmour, Messier, Sakic, forsberg yzerman etc and they consistently do not show up and no one in management seems willing or able to call them on it. Inmates have been running the asylum for 2 long.

Reactions: dukeofjive

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
He has 2 points and 2 empty net assists. Marner also has 2 points.

So now you are using empty net assists to excuse the Leafs? Is there no silly extreme you won't go to to justify the royal choke job your $40 million "core 4" is pulling in this series? Nobody asks how many empty net assists someone got when they tally up playoff performance. Just stop it.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
We saw in Nashville why empty net goals count.

It made no difference in this series, so it’s irrelevant.

So the difference between a good series and run that player out of town is if the other team pulls their goalie for some empty net points?

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Marner has been pretty terrible. Aside from game 2, Matthews hasn’t been much better. Domi can’t screw his head on straight. Has Tavares even played? Defensively they are a train wreck, and the goaltending has been beer league level.

Really unfair to pin this on Marner IMO. It’s not a Marner issue, it’s a total team issue.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
So now you are using empty net assists to excuse the Leafs? Is there no silly extreme you won't go to to justify the royal choke job your $40 million "core 4" is pulling in this series? Nobody asks how many empty net assists someone got when they tally up playoff performance. Just stop it.

Lol.

So I point out that Marner and Pastrnak both didn’t have a good series and Pastrnak isn’t being run out of town and you’re arguing what.. that Pastrnak is an elite empty net merchant for 11M+?

Did the core 4 play every game? They played one game together and not even the full game.

Pastrnak is one of the highest paid player on the ice this series.

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I usually don't have the patience to listen to something like this for more than 90 seconds, but Rosehill's passion had me hooked the more he spoke and was unloading. Can't really disagree with what he said.
Yeah, me too. I almost passed on even watching because of the length of the clip, and then wound up watching the whole clip.

Rosehill was having a Festivus moment

Reactions: dukeofjive

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
It made no difference in this series, so it’s irrelevant.

So the difference between a good series and run that player out of town is if the other team pulls their goalie for some empty net points?

David Pastrnak's playoff resume speaks for itself. Unlike Mitch Marner, he doesn't need his fans twisting reality to justify it.

Lol.

So I point out that Marner and Pastrnak both didn’t have a good series and Pastrnak isn’t being run out of town and you’re arguing what.. that Pastrnak is an elite empty net merchant for 11.6M?

Did the core 4 play every game? They played one game together and not even the full game.

Pastrnak is the highest paid player on the ice this series.

They don't ask how, they ask how many.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Every year someone lights the Kings up for more than a goal per game though.

2 years ago it was Kane. Last year it was Draisaitl. This year it’s Hyman/McDavid. Next year it’ll probably be Nuge. The year after it’ll probably be Foegele.

The Kings suck against the Oilers. Easiest possible matchup for the Oilers.
Leafs would lose a 7 game series vs kings

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Throwing money on Leafs for game 5 is like burning money I fear.

I picked the Leafs in my playoff pool. I really want them to succeed.
I wish the players getting paid over 10 million a year wanted to.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Leafs would lose a 7 game series vs kings

The Oilers are the only team that got close to losing to them in 9 years. They haven’t won 2 games in any other series. So it’s very doubtful.

So we are back to the one year comparison? Nothing but heaps of copium from you. I'm done here.

The Leafs core 4 had better playoff stats than Pastrnak the last 3 years.

I don’t know what playoff resume you’re on about with him.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
Edmonton just won 1-0 after being outshot by 20.

Crazy that you can win goals with 1 goal. Samsonov allows 1 bad goal minimum per game which makes that impossible for the Leafs though.
Edmonton can do that, Toronto cannot. Know the difference.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Oilers are the only team that got close to losing to them in 9 years. They haven’t won 2 games in any other series. So it’s very doubtful.

The Leafs core 4 had better playoff stats than Pastrnak the last 3 years.

I don’t know what playoff resume you’re on about with him.
Pasta is a ppg playoff player (83 points in 81 games)

none of the leafs core 4 can say that, and a lot of torontos core 4 points happen in burst, but go invisible for most of the series after that.

Matthews had a 3 point game, outside of that he has 3 pointless games and been pretty invisible.

Pasta has had a point in every game so far, and been dangerous in every game…. Cant say that about marner matthews nylander or Tavares

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Pasta is a ppg playoff player (83 points in 81 games)

none of the leafs core 4 can say that, and a lot of torontos core 4 points happen in burst, but go invisible for most of the series after that.

Matthews had a 3 point game, outside of that he has 3 pointless games and been pretty invisible.

Pasta has had a point in every game so far, and been dangerous in every game…. Cant say that about marner matthews nylander or Tavares

Yeah we already established half his points came on an empty net.

A young Pastrnak was good in the playoffs. He’s had worse stats than the core 4 the last 3 years prior to this. This year it’s also worse but luckily for him Samsonov was out of the net for him to rack up 50% of his points on the empty net assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad