Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Watch the games, dude

Don’t just look at the stats

What are you talking about? Other fanbases like ott and mon are obsessed with US lmfao

It’s not the other way around. We don’t think about their teams at all. You don’t find a gaggle of Toronto fans in Habs or sens series threads taking shit about their teams. That only happens in Toronto threads
Riiiggghhhtttt LOL

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
As an ongoing migraine sufferers here, there is treatment for migraines and they work within minutes. I find it hard how a professional hockey player doesn't have access to top doctors within minutes.
Yeah, this is not a very accurate comment, actually it’s a load of bullocks. My wife suffers from severe migraines. She’s on an array of preventative meds but still gets migraines that are debilitating for days. She has an array of pills for after one starts and it still lingers for days. To give you an idea, she goes blind and any noise at all causes head shattering pain and it doesn’t go away InMInUtEs by taking a pill

What you described for yourself is not anything I have ever heard of a migraine suffering being able to do. Sounds like you just get headaches.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeah, this is not a very accurate comment, actually it’s a load of bullocks. My wife suffers from severe migraines. She’s on an array of preventative meds but still gets migraines that are debilitating for days. She has an array of pills for after one starts and it still lingers for days. To give you an idea, she goes blind and any noise at all causes head shattering pain and it doesn’t go away InMInUtEs by taking a pill

What you described for yourself is not anything I have ever heard of a migraine suffering being able to do. Sounds like you just get headaches.
At best, if I get some medication into me early, pop a cold pack over my head, can chug water, have some protein, maybe take a hot shower…at best I can be very minimally functionally for the day. Usually the best case scenario is a few hours of total downtime. More often than not it’s a full day of hell and by the next morning I just have a headache without the other symptoms.

Playing hockey, any competitive sport, or being remotely physical is just flat out not an option.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Watch the games, dude

Don’t just look at the stats

What are you talking about? Other fanbases like ott and mon are obsessed with US lmfao

It’s not the other way around. We don’t think about their teams at all. You don’t find a gaggle of Toronto fans in Habs or sens series threads taking shit about their teams. That only happens in Toronto threads
Long long time hf board lingerer here and ohhh yes they do. I'd say of the 3 teams Leafs are the worst with the Habs a very close 2nd but I am biased (Ottawa just doesn't have it in them to be the best of anything.)

Our fan bases are the absolute worst thing about hf, yet subsequently make it quite hilarious many times also.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
People talk about the gap in goaltending and defense but those aren’t the biggest issues imo- the leafs have scored more than 2 goals like once in the last dozen or so playoff games

This is what's wild to me. I am seeing at least one Leafs fans whining about goaltending. But that is the least of their issues this playoffs.

Weak goals or not, it seems that this Leafs fan expects 0-1 goals allowed per game, rather than expecting their $40+ mil worth of players score more than two goals a game.

Personally if I was a Leafs fan, the offensive output and PP is my biggest concern.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Habs went to the finale in 2021 : the Leafs didn't.

And yeah, it was Covid Cup. Covid Cup for everyone, including the Leafs, and yet they shit the bed.

Matthews is a generational talent for sure, but the rest ? This team is a joke. I'll take the Habs, now and for the future, before Tavares-Nylander-Marner for 32M$.
At this point I'm not sure Matthews is a generational talent. I would expect generational players to improve in the playoffs, Matthews doesn't. He's proven time and time again that he is less of a player come playoffs.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
This is what's wild to me. I am seeing at least one Leafs fans whining about goaltending. But that is the least of their issues this playoffs.

Weak goals or not, it seems that this Leafs fan expects 0-1 goals allowed per game, rather than expecting their $40+ mil worth of players score more than two goals a game.

Personally if I was a Leafs fan, the offensive output and PP is my biggest concern.

Edmonton just won 1-0 after being outshot by 20.

Crazy that you can win goals with 1 goal. Samsonov allows 1 bad goal minimum per game which makes that impossible for the Leafs though.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
For a crazy hockey market like Toronto, I have never understood the lack of accountability in the Leafs organization after all these losses. It's like the high talent of the players are used as a shield somehow to prevent a real change. Like "we have an all-star talent team with crazy numbers, why change?".

And I think they have not gotten a real brainiac of a GM to look at the problems and make cold-blooded calculations and hard decisions that would be needed for this club. All the guys are in their late 20s now, there's still time to right the ship. But do not let it stay the same again. One or a few of the big names need to go. A whole makeover needs to happen.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Has she tried the ketogenic diet instead of pills?

• Haha
Reactions: Duder54

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Every year someone lights the Kings up for more than a goal per game though.

2 years ago it was Kane. Last year it was Draisaitl. This year it’s Hyman/McDavid. Next year it’ll probably be Nuge. The year after it’ll probably be Foegele.

The Kings suck against the Oilers. Easiest possible matchup for the Oilers.
The Leafs are supposed to be the ****ing oilers! Superstar talent! Deadly offensive power! The Leafs don't have an ounce of the drive needed to do anything in the playoffs.

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
Leafs are playing the Bruins think they qualify as a better team than the Kings. Mathews has one goal with food poisoning 'stop drinking the milk with Marner's face on the milk carton' it's gone bad.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Edmonton just won 1-0 after being outshot by 20.

Crazy that you can win goals with 1 goal. Samsonov allows 1 bad goal minimum per game which makes that impossible for the Leafs though.

Well, they scored their one goal on the PP.

A PP that is clicking at about 53.3% while Toronto's is at 7.1%.

And this after scoring 17 goals in their first 3 games.

Reactions: dukeofjive

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017

Same with my better half, she also loose the ability to speak(seems like it worked opposite for Nylander ;) . But those pills dont always work, if it is realy severe.

People who dont think Nylander would have been playing if he had a common headache should get there own heads checked.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Fans can do whatever they want; it's their right since they paid the ticket. But I do think boo'ing doesn't help the cause especially with the fragile confidence of this Leaf core. Fans can absolutely pick up a team's play thru their energy and if the energy they're giving out is negative when the team is struggling, I think it makes their job a lot harder.
As a leaf fan i agree. If you love your team you should do anything to help them , even when they suck. like that saying. "It is when i deserve it the least i need you the most" or something in that line.

Reactions: Barnum and PB37

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
The big difference is blocked shots. If the teams had blocked the same amount of shots this game. Leafs would have 21 more shots on goal, or Boston 21 less. Fix that and the odds will be different.

They will not, so the odds are the same. Pretty bad/good depend on who you are cheering for.

I strangely dont feel any rivalery agains Boston. With my Leafs on the other hand...

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad