Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Agreed. They will just do enough so they can advance some false narrative that they battled hard and earned respect in the handshake line. It will be enough to convince management to run it back.
Earning respect in the handshake line is moot if the team doesn't win. I agree that respect is important, but it is more important to win with respect rather than lose.

Reactions: pouf pouf

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
They have made the playoffs 8 straight years.
Lol. Yeah, that does a lot. Lol

You fellows draft well. You must have excellent scouting department. Considering how high you draft each year and all picks thrown away. Knies, Minten, Cowan, Sanding, Durzi they all good players. Other than Amirov but that was a fluke could happen any team.

You should trade one of your stars trade up in first round draft stud defenseman. Scouts Leafs have would get A Makar or Pietrangelo type. This exceptional draft for franchise defenseman, 5 or 6 available. Take caproom such a move frees up and improve team depth.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
They have made the playoffs 8 straight years.

Not true. The Columbus lose was to get into the playoffs and they didnt. That was a very stupid overall set up but if we’re being factual they have made it 4 years in a row. 7/8. Which means f all of this is their level of compete. Today was embarrassing. Let’s see what they do for game 5 but I can’t say I’ve seen anything from this core to make me believe they have 3 wins in a row in them.

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
3pdf2w.png

I am once again denying that this core of proven chokers are responsible for their own defeat.

Clearly, this is on the refs!!!!

Reactions: dukeofjive

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Not to make excuses for the Leafs, but it sounds like Nylander had a stomach bug and gave it to Matthews. would explain why both had random absences.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Did you quote the wrong person?

I'm criticizing the Leafs and backing it up.

And the fact that I'm literate enough to bang out a few paragraphs in 10 minutes isn't really the insult you think it is.
No I think he is either so drunk he needs to go to bed or a colossal moron. Could be both I suppose

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Has anyone checked on tavares? Hows he taking everything? Wouldnt want his feelings to be hurt. Afterall, he slept in Leafs pajamas.

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
Um, they won one last year?:huh:

You don't think having a 40-goal, 98-point player point player in the lineup might make even a tiny difference in a tight series that is currently 2-1? I mean, it's not an excuse. Even a six year-old could figure it out.

EDIT: Don't answer that. My bad. You're a Habs fan. You don't think having a 28-goal, 65-point player in the lineup might make even a tiny difference?
So, still think you are smarter then everyone saying he wasn't going to make a difference?

Not sure what the answer is in Toronto. But they really are the personification of making the most of the easy games and just cashing out when things get tough. Weak mentality is the root cause of the team. Poor leadership, Tavares, Matthews Marner all just individuals with no heart.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Ryan O’Reilly was right. The Leafs have a dysfunctional locker room with the Core 4 and then everyone else. It was on full display for everyone when Marner threw his tantrum on the bench. The other players just stared ahead afraid to say a word.
On the other side Boston plays like a team. Not a few stars and the rest. You can see it in the way they work hard for the each other.
I don't believe he made that claim.

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
I can't take five more years of Morgan Rielly I'd rather watch a turtle walk then him skate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad