Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto

Possibly the bets game I've seen Hyman play. makes a highlight-reel goal, but komarov is competitive

Komorov takes Johnsson away from Kap. Killed 4th line chemistry that made pleks look good too...

Komorov now takes Hyman away from Matthews, and inserts himself with 2 of the most skilled forwards....WHATTTT

Hahahahhahaha!!!

Either we are all eating MASSIVE crow Game 2, or this season is DONE.

ROFLMAO + confused sad look with hint of despair

Reactions: MR4

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
hyman has only been replaced twice in his career, both with even worse non-NHL caliber talents. This time in the playoffs to match up against the best line in the league. If Komarov is so competitive, why did he get destroyed against 4th line competition and why did his PK unit get demolished?

Reactions: dsred, MR4 and Pi

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Komorov takes Johnsson away from Kap. Killed 4th line chemistry that made pleks look good too...

Komorov now takes Hyman away from Matthews, and inserts himself with 2 of the most skilled forwards....WHATTTT

Hahahahhahaha!!!

Either we are all eating MASSIVE crow Game 2, or this season is DONE.

ROFLMAO + confused sad look with hint of despair

I’m not going to be eating crow. If the Leafs win it will likely be despite of this asinine lineup not because of them.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
For a coach as highly regarded as Babcock, he coaches like he’s afraid of losing rather than trying to win.

I mean, Leo Komarov was a staple on 3v3 OT last season. He really tried to match lines in 3v3 which is barely even hockey. Babcock is a slow learner.

Komarov in 3v3 OT speaks volumes about Babcock's mindset, the guy's just straight up not willing to take risks.

I sincerely think a Johnsson-Plekanec-Kapanen line can make a difference in this series, who knows it could have made a difference in game 1 - that line was absolutely sick in their short time together. But Komarov over Johnsson is the 'safety move' that Babcock will always opt for :shakehead

Our 4th line last year vs Washington was 100% a difference maker, nobody can deny this.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
People need to stop bitching about everything Babcock does. Do you think he sits in his office and says "hmm" let's see how I can f*** over Matthews or my team today?"

No he doesn't. There's a reason why Komarov is going to play with Matthews. Did you see that elbow marner took? Also we need someone to at least agitate the Marchand line. They have last change which means if they want to put Marchand up against Matthews they will have to deal with Komarov. There isn't much he could have done without creating a decent match up for his team and without breaking the chemistry

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
the Komarov/Marchand thing

Yeah, Babcock is chasing the matchup. Marchand has had his way in every sense against him and not even starting from this series but for years now, this was never a favourable matchup and he should not chase it. His reasons for chasing this matchup is that Komo has had "some success" against Bergy and Komo. Just roll 4 of your best lines and play them for cryin out loud.

Hes chasing matchups on the road. He chases matchups when we're losing. Chasing...chasing..chasing. From what i recall, one of Babcock's favourite quotes is "when you're chasing the game, you're playing losing hockey." well that can apply to the score in a game, but also to matchups. he's getting dominated by Cassidy, it's sad to see this. I hope he wakes up. Seeing him just stare off into the TD Garden crowd at the end of the game was very telling.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
If Boston can stack their top line and make it work, so can the Leafs but Babcock is unwilling to try anything different.

At this point all we’re asking is to not play Komarov more. He’s going to lead the Leafs in ice time tomorrow and it won’t even be because of PK minutes.

Datsyuk played with scrubs in Detroit as well. It resulted in a lot of first round exits for some very good Detroit teams. One cup to show for with 3-4 hall of famers on the team.
Pretty much any line that Toronto puts together at the moment as the top line is going to get killed by the Bergeron line. Stop the bleeding, stack up your other lines and try to take advantage of the non Bergeron lines.
Will it work? Who knows.

I feel like I'm in the minority that I don't want Babcock fired because he has Komarov on the top line.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Pretty much any line that Toronto puts together at the moment as the top line is going to get killed by the Bergeron line. Stop the bleeding, stack up your other lines and try to take advantage of the non Bergeron lines.
Will it work? Who knows.

I feel like I'm in the minority that I don't want Babcock fired because he has Komarov on the top line.

Babcock has another 2 years after this. If he can’t produce results in the playoffs, Leafs will look for someone who understands the way the NHL is headed and get him to replace Babcock.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Will it work? Who knows.

Yup I’m on board. What are the two advantages we all say we have against Boston? Our forward depth and our speed. This move potentially unleashes both, especially if we have the Johnsson-Plekanec-Kapanen line now.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Yeah, Babcock is chasing the matchup. Marchand has had his way in every sense against him and not even starting from this series but for years now, this was never a favourable matchup and he should not chase it. His reasons for chasing this matchup is that Komo has had "some success" against Bergy and Komo. Just roll 4 of your best lines and play them for cryin out loud.

Hes chasing matchups on the road. He chases matchups when we're losing. Chasing...chasing..chasing. From what i recall, one of Babcock's favourite quotes is "when you're chasing the game, you're playing losing hockey." well that can apply to the score in a game, but also to matchups. he's getting dominated by Cassidy, it's sad to see this. I hope he wakes up. Seeing him just stare off into the TD Garden crowd at the end of the game was very telling.

He's not chasing anything. Boston has last change which means they will likely be the ones creating the matchups scenarios and the leafs will try and be prepared for whoever Boston throws at them

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What? It's quite honestly the opposite of a matchup we want. it's the last thing we want

And the tweet makes no sense. If you want to sacrifice Matthews production because he’s being hard matched, shouldn’t Nylander be the one to get off that line so we have more secondary scoring?

Nylander has much, much better results at centre than Marleau this season. Marleau completely disappeared when he played centre this season.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
you know. and i'm not being tongue in cheek here or anything.
I really hope for a lot of you guys sake that

1: Dubas gets hired and he is as good as y'all want him to be
2: that Babcock gets fired and they hire someone who won't say things to put the heat on him (which - i will point out, is. note that no one is pointing out the poor play of the team, people are just mad that he's playing Komarov, and saying Babcock-ian things)
3: all the players y'all hate are gone.

because reading the last few pages of posts, I truly think that's what would truly make a lot of you all happy. (now, how long this happiness would last, i have no idea, probably until someone scores against the Leafs, or something).

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
And the tweet makes no sense. If you want to sacrifice Matthews production because he’s being hard matched, shouldn’t Nylander be the one to get off that line so we have more secondary scoring?

Nylander has much, much better results at centre than Marleau this season. Marleau completely disappeared when he played centre this season.

Tough call eh? Matthews-Nylander are such a dynamite twosome, have to weigh that against it. Sucks Kadri gets suspended for game 2. I'd be confident playing Nylander at C when we have last change.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
you know. and i'm not being tongue in cheek here or anything.
I really hope for a lot of you guys sake that

1: Dubas gets hired and he is as good as y'all want him to be
2: that Babcock gets fired and they hire someone who won't say things to put the heat on him (which - i will point out, is. note that no one is pointing out the poor play of the team, people are just mad that he's playing Komarov, and saying Babcock-ian things)
3: all the players y'all hate are gone.

because reading the last few pages of posts, I truly think that's what would truly make a lot of you all happy. (now, how long this happiness would last, i have no idea, probably until someone scores against the Leafs, or something).
That might bring happiness for a brief period but as we all know, there's always something else to complain about.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
People need to stop *****ing about everything Babcock does. Do you think he sits in his office and says "hmm" let's see how I can **** over Matthews or my team today?"

No he doesn't. There's a reason why Komarov is going to play with Matthews. Did you see that elbow marner took? Also we need someone to at least agitate the Marchand line. They have last change which means if they want to put Marchand up against Matthews they will have to deal with Komarov. There isn't much he could have done without creating a decent match up for his team and without breaking the chemistry

I agree. I have a feeling Babcock realizes that the Matthews line will be defending most of the night, so you might as well put a checker with no offensive ability on the line. Hyman is then available to be the grinder on the 2nd line and is not horrible offensively. The 4th line is full of speed and skill (other than Plekanec) and should be a favorable match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad