ECHL Stockton -- what might their future hold?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs....gn=Feed:+ThunderHeadlines+(Thunder+Headlines)

Of course, they are concerned with the future of two division rivals (San Francisco and Las Vegas), but they have their own concerns with their bankrupt landlord.

"We are preparing for anything," Rowbotham said. "Everything is important in trying to maintain a successful franchise, but having a good venue and a good lease are perhaps the most important."

The Thunder's original 10-year contract with the city expires after next season, and the franchise has two five-year options to stay at Stockton Arena. As part of a mediation following the Stockton's declaration of bankruptcy, Rowbotham and the city are working to modify the terms of the contract, but not the length. He declined to discuss the details of the agreement.

"There's a couple of minor details to wrap up, but the main structure is there and I believe it will be in affect in the near future," Rowbotham said. "I want to stay there. I like Stockton, I've been treated fantastic there."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad