• Screenshot_20241007_154740_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20241007_154740_Reddit.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Future Hurricanes ECHL team would be my guess. Back to the place they started too.

Greensboro has a history of the game going back to I believe 1959. The 80s and 90s Monarchs of the ECHL were very popular. The AHL stint in 96-97 didn't go well.

Glad they're getting a new life. The Coliseum is dated but will be a good ECHL venue.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
In announcing naming rights on Oct. 1 for what has been rebranded as First Horizon Coliseum, officials with Oak View Group, the new manager of the coliseum, said work was underway to bring another professional sports franchise to Greensboro. They signaled that an announcement would be coming this week, but Andrew Brown, director of marketing for First Horizon Coliseum, Greensboro Complex and Oak View Group, told TBJ on Sunday that the announcement is being postponed. The reason is logistical, he said, and the new timing is to be determined. ...
Is "logistical" a euphemism for "never mind"?

Unless/until OVG gets their act together, I wouldn't expect other sports news outlets to publish anything more than regurgitations of the B-Journal content.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Ad

Ad