Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg

1716414385485.png

Reactions: harv33173

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
The only thing where NYR are clearly better than us are those onetimers from the left side from Zibanejad and Panarin. Just rewatched our 3 regular season games against them. They are so dangerous from there, and we actually just have one guy in MT on his offwing with such kind of threat.

I say if we can compete we will win in 6 or 7. The longer the series the better for us. NYR can blow us out and beat us in 4 or 5 games
We had that in Stamkos and Kutcherov, we handled that pretty good.

were gonna struggle vs their speed - breakaways

Theyre not a super deep team but they definitely have more depth than the bruins and lightning, so our bottom pairs are gonna be tested.

More concerned with the 2nd lines defense but big lundy is there now to hopefully settle that down.

Also we need faceoff wins, i cant believe we got owned vs boston in that game 6 on the fo%
Panthers will limit their entries and play them on the boards, they have done this before with speedy teams.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
haven't seen anyone else post this so here's the PDOcast conference finals preview with Han.

I jotted down some notes for the TLDR; folks.
  • Rangers among top teams in terms of passing. Does ice quality affect them as we get into summer?
  • Montour should avoid NYR top 6 - not a good matchup. We'll see mostly OZ starts for him and that means the other guys will be forced into more difficult matchups/starts.
  • Ek may be vulnerable vs Panarin off rush because he's on LW now.
  • FLA 2nd line wasn't producing last series, may be different this series. Working from behind the net may be a good approach for those guys. Bennett wasn't 100% and that hurt the line quite a bit.
  • Rangers aren't a great breakout team so there will probably be a lot of punt and hunt to avoid forecheck.
  • Will FLA's better shooters be more effective in tight on Shesty than CAR? D might be able to score on him from blue line as well as there are some guys who can wire it.
  • Wennberg's line just has to stay even and eat minutes. Probably doesn't matter who's on the wing but Chytil could make an impact there. NYR could have an advantage if 3rd line comes out ahead.
  • Lindgren and Schneider have been more aggressive and had success vs CAR. May help NYR generate more. Lindgren may be healthy for first time in postseason. Fox doesn't appear to be healthy so they may be looking for more from those guys.
Filipovic took the panthers and Han took the rangers.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
haven't seen anyone else post this so here's the PDOcast conference finals preview with Han.

I jotted down some notes for the TLDR; folks.
  • Rangers among top teams in terms of passing. Does ice quality affect them as we get into summer?
  • Montour should avoid NYR top 6 - not a good matchup. We'll see mostly OZ starts for him and that means the other guys will be forced into more difficult matchups/starts.
  • Ek may be vulnerable vs Panarin off rush because he's on LW now.
  • FLA 2nd line wasn't producing last series, may be different this series. Working from behind the net may be a good approach for those guys. Bennett wasn't 100% and that hurt the line quite a bit.
  • Rangers aren't a great breakout team so there will probably be a lot of punt and hunt to avoid forecheck.
  • Will FLA's better shooters be more effective in tight on Shesty than CAR? D might be able to score on him from blue line as well as there are some guys who can wire it.
  • Wennberg's line just has to stay even and eat minutes. Probably doesn't matter who's on the wing but Chytil could make an impact there. NYR could have an advantage if 3rd line comes out ahead.
  • Lindgren and Schneider have been more aggressive and had success vs CAR. May help NYR generate more. Lindgren may be healthy for first time in postseason. Fox doesn't appear to be healthy so they may be looking for more from those guys.
Filipovic took the panthers and Han took the rangers.

And one of the reasons for this is because Panarin plays the LW and his matchup is gonna be Ekblad who has looked awful.

Reactions: zeroG

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Funny a commentator just said this game feels like a ALI- Frazier fight calling it a heavyweight battle…bring on the hype.

Just want to wish our board members good luck on the way to the Cup. It begins tonight.

Gooooooooooo PANTHERS !!!

Reactions: harv33173

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
onto the next one.. expect rempe ... hopefully florida continues to play their game... and not look stupid... looking at u ekblad.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
As I was saying, the will play the Rangers as they played Tampa, it is a good formula to beat them, they are not going to win them all, but the Panthers have been playing playoff hockey from the beginning of the season, they just did a spectacular job, frankly, is was quite embarrassing, all those bragadociuos Rangers fans will not be seen around for at least a couple of days talking smack, they got a whopping dose of reality.
GREAT JOB, BOYS!!

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
What’s great is the 2 guys you wanted to see get going was Chucky and Verhege. And I posted days ago where was Lomby so a shout out to him for having a great game. I’d like to see Rhino really get things going in the next game. And I think Bennett might just be a name you hear more about next game.

Reactions: VIMMM

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I am planning on fasting all day tomorrow for the games.

The Diarrhconstipation I felt was just so painful last night. Working out was hard while my stomach bubbled all night with no release.

Mavericks and Panthers, please sweep and play on different nights in the Finals please! My stomach is begging you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad