Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
On paper it's a wash. Maybe slight edge to the Rangers when naming defense.
Barky Mika, wash.
Benny Vince, wash.
Chucky Kreidizzzle, wash.
Panarin Reinhart, wash.

...wash wash wash...

But have the Rangers lived the last year with the same hunger that the Panthers have?
Do they have the hunger of Shitblad? I think not, good sir!

• Haha
Reactions: KW

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
The only thing where NYR are clearly better than us are those onetimers from the left side from Zibanejad and Panarin. Just rewatched our 3 regular season games against them. They are so dangerous from there, and we actually just have one guy in MT on his offwing with such kind of threat.

I say if we can compete we will win in 6 or 7. The longer the series the better for us. NYR can blow us out and beat us in 4 or 5 games

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
The only thing where NYR are clearly better than us are those onetimers from the left side from Zibanejad and Panarin. Just rewatched our 3 regular season games against them. They are so dangerous from there, and we actually just have one guy in MT on his offwing with such kind of threat.

I say if we can compete we will win in 6 or 7. The longer the series the better for us. NYR can blow us out and beat us in 4 or 5 games
were gonna struggle vs their speed - breakaways

Theyre not a super deep team but they definitely have more depth than the bruins and lightning, so our bottom pairs are gonna be tested.

More concerned with the 2nd lines defense but big lundy is there now to hopefully settle that down.

Also we need faceoff wins, i cant believe we got owned vs boston in that game 6 on the fo%

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Do they have the hunger of Shitblad? I think not, good sir!
Well it sure has been hard to be a number 5 defender, as he has been making decisions like that of the guy who was two digits shorter, but ill die on the hill. If we can get the kid that turned into a man and powered thru agony last year, we'll be more than just fine.

And the Panthers' hunger in kind is fresh. 10 years ago and only Kreider remains from the last Stanley Cup runner up. HE may be as hungry. But we nearly got a whole team frothing at the mouth since last June. Every. Day. I know most here have thought about it at least once a day for the last almost calendar year. No way the players haven't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vilam

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
So Armando Velez who does a podcast called ‘ Locked on Panthers ‘ picks the Rangers in 6. This surprises me Chucky really broke out in last years ECF and I think he is our ace in the hole. I also think recent experience means so much that clearly favors the Cats. I am not predicting anything but to say the strengths of both teams are different and how those strengths are managed will dictate the final results and I wouldn’t undervalue how that will play out and nobody knows. Picking a winner this early before the first game is played is silly. Armando’s best strategy was to stay nuetral until some games are played.
Pomo will play the Rangers in the same way they played Tampa, don't give up Powerplays, block the chances from the angles and negate them entering the zone with speed, it will be all about the middle being crowded and dump and chase.
Many here feel that Rangers have the upper hand, maybe, they are playing at home, but we need steal only one, we have 2 games to figure them out, let Trochet know, we like him but not today, if we can stop Stamkos, Point and Kutcherov, we can stop Panarin, Nico and Kreider, I think they are equivalent in skill. I think the Tampa strategy will work here.
If we decide to exchange goals, it is going to be a long night, we don't need to do that, play responsible defense. Slow them down and wait for our chances.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Igor and the Rangers PK (and our shit PP) can really tilt the series in the their favor.

Most of the models I've seen favor Florida handily, but it really could go either way. Both teams deserve to be here.
I think the scoring will be not coming from the top lines, if we get contributions from the defense, we will be in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad