Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
They can both do it all on both ends of the ice, as both are great defensively every night no matter what.

If Mika has a bad night offensively it's because he's just a little off or unlucky. If Barky has a bad night offensively it's because he chose not to shoot or chose to not sacrifice defense for offense. Both appear to happen just as often as the other.

Objectively, yes- Barkov is by far and away the most talented, surely no argument from me there. It's my opinion that he's 2nd only to McDavid there. But we know that's not everything in a team game, so I feel choosing one or the other is entirely subjective and dependant on the rest of the team and flow of the game. Both will be a threat to put 3-5 pts up in any combination on any given night, so to me- wash.

Zibanejad and great defensively just don't belong together lol

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I gotta say,

I have a very unhealthy f***ing hate tor New York and New York sports lol

It's only comedy that we will lose to this f***ing team because sports life hates me lmao

Gun to my head, I can only think of one New York athlete I like and that's Hasek. And oh, Jalen Brunson

James Dolan is a f***ing prick and reminds me of Sterling. I will never root or be accepting of any franchise that dingleberry owns

f*** the Knicks and f*** the Rangers

Just being real 100%

I have tolerance for the Islanders though

Last edited:

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I gotta say,

I have a very unhealthy f***ing hate tor New York and New York sports lol

It's only comedy that we will lose to this f***ing team because sports life hates me lmao

Gun to my head, I can only think of one New York athlete I like and that's Hasek. And oh, Jalen Brunson

James Dolan is a f***ing prick and reminds me of Sterling. I will never root or be accepting of any franchise that dingleberry owns

f*** the Knicks and f*** the Rangers

Just being real 100%
the one thing the dallas cowboys can do is absolutely own the giants. Prob my only highlight of their seasons since they just maple leaf it up in the playoffs
I hate philly fans the most and NY fans are close to them

Reactions: Gentle Man

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
the one thing the dallas cowboys can do is absolutely own the giants. Prob my only highlight of their seasons since they just maple leaf it up in the playoffs
I hate philly fans the most and NY fans are close to them
I only like Brunson because I loved him as a Mav. Crushed when he walked. Extra crushed he chose the Knicks.

I legit may disappear when we get eliminated by the f***ing Rags like in 97

This shit brought me so much joy

Tyrese-Haliburton-Reggie-Miller-Choke-Hoodie-Sweatshirt.jpeg

The f*** you Reggie chants was classless and Josh Hart making sure Reggie heard it was classless and it made me so happy the Knicks got cucked.

f*** the MSG teams

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Troll?

He's widely regarded as a weak 5 on 5 player lol
Can't see how. And he's always been one of the best PK guys.

Not raving about Ranger players = trolling for CHGoalie27

😂 Kreider and Mika, yeah, but not for nothing.

The thing about NY sports fans, and all our famous bitching and moaning- if we do happen to latch onto an athlete, and defend their play, it's either because they've earned it or they're a goon in our favor.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Good on the PK =/ good defensively.

Does Barkov being weak on the PP mean weak offensively? Lol

Zibanejad is a special teams merchant and has always been in the red defensively 5 on 5

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
So it’s important you note you are new to hockey so am I to where I’m not a veteran like many posters here.
Don’t overthink things you have a super talented team be confident that the Panthers will hopefully continue to be productive and hopefully win the series. Don’t go game by game as if you know something that is silly.
It's a hockey forum: it's open for all of us to express opinions, no matter how "silly" - that's the whole point. And it's all opinion in the end, even for those veteran posters. FWIW, I decided to become a panthers fan mostly because of Barkov but also partly because I felt that panthers fans were a lot more inclusive and welcoming of newbies. Unlike some [cough Toronto]... Obviously dodged a bullet there ;-).

Anyway, we're both united in wanting the Panthers to finally step up a gear and destroy another O6 team. I'm really excited and can't wait - just have A LOT of nerves. I agree with you that the team is super talented and, on paper, are heavily favoured. I just haven't felt that we've been playing up to our talent level for whatever reason and we need to in order to beat the Rangers.

I'm working tomorrow but will try to at least make it through the first period this evening before I conk out. GO CATS!!

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
You don't get put on the power play as a forward if you're defensively inadequate

In the red according to who? Jfresh?

Everyone breathe, this ain't the Panthers of yesteryear.
Damn right! I told my boy to make as much money from my reserved ticket this round so he doesn't have to price gouge me next round :)

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Anyway, I am done talking or up talking any Rangers players. I cannot f***ing stand that team or anyone on their roster except maybe Wennberg lmao

This series is giving me vibes of our previous Tampa series'

Tale as old as time. Our superior 5 on 5 play against their superior special teams.

I will just assume we get out scored on special teams. We cannot afford to be outscored or give them any 5 on 5 goals.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I saw where someone posted that if we don’t go any farther he will look at this season as a positive.

No no no is that how you want the players to look at it. No you want to start to build a dynasty and with our great GM I know that’s his vision. Do you want to be good and irrelevant or great and always close to the top. We’re in the now baby we are The Florida Panthers respected by the media by Fans many teams who want to learn more about the blueprint that was started here a few years ago.

The Cats players do not care who you are because they know what works. We are on a level of confidence that should be embraced by its fandom not approach things like some weak low confident type of concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad