Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I think I’m more optimistic than most. We can play pretty much any style, but I feel like we can usually bring other teams down to our style rather than getting pulled into theirs. Key will mostly be staying out of the box but I do feel comfortable with our PK. Still think series goes at least 6.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
We’ve been susceptible to allowing breakaways and odd-man rushes all season long. Boston seemed to have 3 or 4 each game. Gotta figure that out because I think New York will find the back of the net more times than not.

We also need to score on the PP. Kompon needs to get that going. Wish we could buy the best PP coach money can buy next season and he can just work in the shadows of the press box or something.

Sucks about Tro. I followed that kid through Juniors and the minors. He was good for us except that last year when he looked like he fell off. But he’s playing amazing now, good for him. I’m sure he’s looking to stick it to us which isn’t a good thing.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I think the Final is, as well. So no more TNT for however long this lasts

I sincerely don’t know which is the worst…

ESPN were blowing the Bruins hard too.

Remember that Casey-Affleck « Boston always gets their revenge » promo video for the start of Game #1…

Commentators are even more dull than Pang and others… And we have to endure Hextall for that long…

I won’t survive the pain.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
We’ve been susceptible to allowing breakaways and odd-man rushes all season long. Boston seemed to have 3 or 4 each game. Gotta figure that out because I think New York will find the back of the net more times than not.

We also need to score on the PP. Kompon needs to get that going. Wish we could buy the best PP coach money can buy next season and he can just work in the shadows of the press box or something.

Sucks about Tro. I followed that kid through Juniors and the minors. He was good for us except that last year when he looked like he fell off. But he’s playing amazing now, good for him. I’m sure he’s looking to stick it to us which isn’t a good thing.

Stick it to us ? Man…

The guy basically stopped playing hockey with us in his last stretch… He was just entering the zone (or not) and making those blind drop-passes to absolutely no one !

Glad he got back on track after the trade, but no one should be looking to stick it up to the other…

Moved on long ago. And his ass getting kicked out of this team was well deserved.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
IMG_2386.jpeg

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
We have 4 days off to get ready for game 1, going to be a rough series, but at this time of year they all are.

I think I’m more optimistic than most. We can play pretty much any style, but I feel like we can usually bring other teams down to our style rather than getting pulled into theirs. Key will mostly be staying out of the box but I do feel comfortable with our PK. Still think series goes at least 6.

Do you wanna hear a optimistic prediction coming from someone whose called both Panthers series perfect this year?

Panthers in 4.

Roddy B special where every game is a one goal game and it's not really a sweep.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I’m very sentimental when it comes to hockey in South Florida and our cats. While we don’t have a thousand podcasters like other teams that grew up with the game in the North.
We had a guy not to long ago named Vanbeezebrook aka the beezer. And we had rats millions of rats. We were lucky it all came on so fast and we built a good base of support back then. But as father time marched on so did our cats but not able to keep or build on that support.

Years later we field a true team of excellence , quality and talent that is now admired across all lines in the Hockey world and yes we have a decent amount of support.

But it is sad that more people in this town miss out on such a great sport and a great team. Well I haven’t and the cat fans that we do have are among Hockeys finest and I am truly lucky to be a part of one of the great stories in South Florida sports history and a member of this great message board.
Playing a New york team is just what the doctor ordered maybe this will gain new fans but if not who the hell cares I’m the happiest guy alive!!!!!!

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022

How many of these odd man rushes have been happening with Ekblad on the ice? Seems like a lot. The guy gets absolutely smoked by everyone nowadays.

This is a really big issue. They need to get some production from the PP and be close to on par with the Rags. I feel like you can't pressure them on their PP or they always find Kreider infront for the tips which he is great at. Carolina was in a world of hurt everytime they started pressuring.

Reactions: Ghoste

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

View attachment 872968

View attachment 872969

Don't care how much brain delay gymnastics you make it, it's cup or bust

No.

We just reached the ECF. Anything more is just gravy IMO.

Of course I’d be very disappointed if they don’t make it to the SCF at least, being so close. Unless they lose in 4 an play horribly against NYR, I will consider this season a successful one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad