Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Dang listening to some stats.

In the regular season, we allowed the most breakaways followed by Carolina. I guess it's the aggressive forecheck that causes that.

Per Andrew Raycroft, we gave up 10 breakaways against Boston. They scored 3 times.

We already allowed 2 last night!
Pros and cons to everything. It’s a risk worth taking I think as Bob is usually pretty damn good 1v1.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Pros and cons to everything. It’s a risk worth taking I think as Bob is usually pretty damn good 1v1.
So, yes on that.

Bob is great 1 v 1 when the player shoots. He is less good when the player does a deke/shot fake etc.

Think Marchand last year game 5, Cuylle last night vs the breakaway Zacha scored.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
So, yes on that.

Bob is great 1 v 1 when the player shoots. He is less good when the player does a deke/shot fake etc.

Think Marchand last year game 5, Cuylle last night vs the breakaway Zacha scored.
Bob reached out and awkwardly tried to poke check Zacha, he probably stops it if he just plays the shot.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
It’s a hockey night in the big Apple featuring our beloved Cats and crybabies part 2. The crybabies gonna bring that game and the Cats are gonna wither and tither into oblivion and all will be well with the crybabies part 2.

NOT so fast she says these cats don’t hear that kinda stuff these cats don’t care bout anything but whippin butt. Hail to the mighty Panthers and the palms on their insignia.

Goooooooooo Panthers !!!!!!

Reactions: harv33173

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
I’m sure they’re putting Rempe in. Do we counter with Gsdjovich to somewhat neutralize him, especially if/when Rempe starts taking runs at our top players?

Reactions: harv33173

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I’m sure they’re putting Rempe in. Do we counter with Gsdjovich to somewhat neutralize him, especially if/when Rempe starts taking runs at our top players?

I wouldn't. Rempe may blast someone but more than likely get 5 and a game cause he'll probably throw a late high/hit.
Let the Rangers think they need to goon it up and ignore the hockey aspect.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If people remember, Rumpy didn't do anything against the panthers this year. It's almost like he caused them to play extra disciplined because they know they can't fight him. He tried to drag them in the fight, instead hurting his own team.

I welcome his introduction to this lineup tonight.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I wouldn't. Rempe may blast someone but more than likely get 5 and a game cause he'll probably throw a late high/hit.
Let the Rangers think they need to goon it up and ignore the hockey aspect.
That would play into the Panthers hands. It seemed Boston got caught up in trying to out-bully the Cats, and they just wound up taking a lot more penalties.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Lomberg will just bring a step ladder and take care of things :naughty:
Nah his uppercuts should take care of it.

IMG_4017.gif

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
If people remember, Rumpy didn't do anything against the panthers this year. It's almost like he caused them to play extra disciplined because they know they can't fight him. He tried to drag them in the fight, instead hurting his own team.

I welcome his introduction to this lineup tonight.
He wasnt allowed to fight Tom Wilson in the WSH Series though

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I dunno man, think that works if we face McDavid? A lot to ask of even the very best goalies in the world....y'know what? Yeah. Bob has proven himself enough for the team to have Grant Fuhr kinda confidence in him like that.
No. We don't change a f***ing thing. If they didn't catch the drift, or pay any attention at all to what Boston tried and failed, joke's on Lavy. Bet whatever Paul's on top that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad