Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Didn't Carolina outscore NYR 5 on 5? I'm sure I read that somewhere, could be wrong though.

It was PP that was Carolina's downfall both on PP and PK. NYR were awesome on the PP and looked like scoring everytime.
The final goal totals 5v5 were 13-12 Carolina. The Canes had a xGF% of 51.7% at 5v5, so when it comes to quality it was very similar. They were 17-13 Canes if you add 4 on 4 time. 4v4 might be the teams biggest weakness.

The one game where it wasn't a 1 goal difference or tied in 5v5 goals was Game 5.

This has been the Rangers biggest issue in years past. They weren't breaking even at 5v5. Elite special teams, above aberage/elite goaltending, and that one change has gotten them to this point.

If Florida wins this series, it is because they closed the gap in the special teams play on either side.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It'll be a great series. I think Swayman is a better goaltender than Igor now (also Boston D better than Rangers D) and we lit him up a few times. Carolina lit Igor up a few times but couldn't handle Rangers PP. I don't think these will be low scoring games but I think they will be close games. Every game could easily be 4-3 either way. Both teams will need their team throwing themselves in front of shots to help Bob/Igor
Igor has let in more than 3 goals once in his last 30 playoff games. Prior to the 1 game vs canes he was 29 games straight letting in 3 goals or fewer in playoff hockey.
Swaynan is good. But no way do I take him over shesty at this point in time.

I’m really hoping the dislike takes stage quick. Like I said before, there’s really no rivalry or bad blood between these 2 teams.
Hopefully that builds, and it should seeing how it’s the ECF.
I don’t want the rangers playing emotionless just going thru the motions because there’s really no animosity. That would favor the panthers imo with their style of play…..
Like many of the games NYR has played already, I expect a lot of 3-2. 4-2/ 4-3 5-3 games one way or the other.
Both rosters have too much firepower For 1-0 or 2-0 games…..
Hopefully the blood gets up fairly early into game one. Should be a great tilt

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
majority is voting this series going 6 or 7 games but go off king

I do have to give the Panthers a tip of the hat for how quickly the franchise turned themselves around from a joke franchise to where they are currently. My wife can remember paying less than $30 for great seats to see a FLA/NYR game on NYE like...5 years ago. I imagine it's vastly inflated since then.
Yeah, the hiring of Bill Zito is 95% of it. Also, Tallon brought in some great pro scouts before he was let go. Our pro scouting has to be top 5 in the league, if not the best.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Didn't Carolina outscore NYR 5 on 5? I'm sure I read that somewhere, could be wrong though.

It was PP that was Carolina's downfall both on PP and PK. NYR were awesome on the PP and looked like scoring everytime.
The PP was white hot the 1st 2 games.

Our PK is what ate Carolina for lunch…. They also scored 2 goals 6v5 with the goalie pulled.
Almost had more but shesty shut the door.

Reactions: Cats711

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Panthers have better top end talent and Rangers have nobody like Barkov. Special teams will be a factor but Florida's bottom 6 depth highly outmatches the Rangers and that will win them the series.

Rangers haven't even been tested these playoffs. This is going to be a real wake up call for them.
Barkov certainly is a great player. No doubt.

I definitely disagree that rangers haven’t been tested in the playoffs though. They’ve beaten a really great team.

If anything, Panthers haven’t beaten a contender yet this year.

Reactions: I am not exposed

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Rangers in 6, but I'll say Rangers in 7 because C*nePanth*r demanded some respect for the Panthers.

Last edited:

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
It’s really not a good look to see that these Rangers fans have little respect for a team being considered the most talented team in the NHI. You are showing your insecurities Rangers fans. You better realize what the fight you are now in.Try to not be like those cry baby Bruins fans that was not a good look either.
You sound emotional mate, calm down.

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
It'll be a great series. I think Swayman is a better goaltender than Igor now (also Boston D better than Rangers D) and we lit him up a few times. Carolina lit Igor up a few times but couldn't handle Rangers PP. I don't think these will be low scoring games but I think they will be close games. Every game could easily be 4-3 either way. Both teams will need their team throwing themselves in front of shots to help Bob/Igor
Here, you forgot this - :sarcasm:

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
The poll is definitely interesting. Almost exact for both sides, but not many think it's not going to go 6 or 7 games.
I’m talking about most Rangers fans you just are one of them. And as for you predicting anything before they play that’s just silly and nieve. Oh and btw I’ll make sure to tell tNt what jay thinks in Jersey.
Did you want the predictions to happen after they play?

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

There was a two-goal deficit by the Rangers vs Carolina. It wasn't a big deal.

I mean… it did. That was not an easy series folks.
Bottom line is...they figured out a way to win.

Reactions: Peltz

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Better top end talent? Curious to hear why, aside for your biasness.
Barkov>Zibenejad
Tkachuk>Panarin
Reinhart>Kreider

Barkov certainly is a great player. No doubt.

I definitely disagree that rangers haven’t been tested in the playoffs though. They’ve beaten a really great team.

If anything, Panthers haven’t beaten a contender yet this year.
Carolina is not a great team, not in the playoffs. You can think that all you'd like but nothing over the last half decade indicates they're a "good" team in the playoffs. They're regular season, paper tigers.

Bruins and Lightning beat both the Capitals and Canes if they were to face them in the playoffs this year. Rangers have cruised all season. Florida will be a wake up call.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Barkov>Zibenejad
Tkachuk>Panarin
Reinhart>Kreider

Carolina is not a great team, not in the playoffs. You can think that all you'd like but nothing over the last half decade indicates they're a "good" team in the playoffs. They're regular season, paper tigers.

Bruins and Lightning beat both the Capitals and Canes if they were to face them in the playoffs this year. Rangers have cruised all season. Florida will be a wake up call.
We'll see. Rangers are a lot better than the Bruins and Lightning. It'll be a great series.

It’s really not a good look to see that these Rangers fans have little respect for a team being considered the most talented team in the NHI. You are showing your insecurities Rangers fans. You better realize what the fight you are now in.Try to not be like those cry baby Bruins fans that was not a good look either.
Wtf are you talking about?

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Igor has let in more than 3 goals once in his last 30 playoff games. Prior to the 1 game vs canes he was 29 games straight letting in 3 goals or fewer in playoff hockey.

I’m really hoping the dislike takes stage quick. Like I said before, there’s really no rivalry or bad blood between these 2 teams.
I don’t want the rangers playing emotionless just going thru the motions because there’s really no animosity. That would favor the panthers imo with their style of play…..
Like many of the games NYR has played already, I expect a lot of 3-2. 4-2/ 4-3 5-3 games one way or the other.
Trocheck will get under their skin. He flaps the gums between every whistle. I think he's a marvelous trash talker.

• Haha
Reactions: iam76 and Chaos2k7

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
This what I would call a very sexy series. Anytime you have the world’s media center focususing on a New York team in the conference title the exposure is gigantic.
The Panthers are no enigma many of the most respected Hockey pundits call the Panther model all teams want to seriously look at. There is a culture of winning but also a culture of toughness and grit that sets up well for playoff hockey. Personally the Rangers worry me as a Panther fan but if I’m the Rangers I would tend to be concerned as well.
Well said.

Reactions: Two4Fighting

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022

Anytime you get a Florida team especially South Florida it gets bitter. Dolphin fans hate Jets fans and Heat fans used to Hate knicks fans but the knicks became irrelevant.
Rangers fans will be at Amerant in numbers we have so many transplanted New yorkers down here.

I respect the quality of the Rangers team but I already am building a fan hatred for them. Their smugness and arrogance is a little silly they are just starting to move up the ranks themselves.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Barkov>Zibenejad
Tkachuk>Panarin
Reinhart>Kreider
I’m a huge fan of Tkachuk, but even with his intangibles he isn’t a better “high end”, or whatever you called it, talent. Bread almost doubled his production this season. This is laughable.

I’ll give you Barkov over Mika. Reinhart exploded this year but pound for pound I wouldn’t say he’s a better player than CK.

I’m surprised you didn’t say Ekblad was superior to Fox, lol.

These teams both have very equal high end talent, unless you’re a homer who’s oblivious to facts.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Sorry...who considers them the most talented team in the nhl? They're a GOOD team, but I've honestly never heard anyone say they are the most talented. I'm not saying people don't...it's genuinely why I'm asking.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I’m a huge fan of Tkachuk, but even with his intangibles he isn’t a better “high end”, or whatever you called it, talent. Bread almost doubled his production this season. This is laughable.

I’ll give you Barkov over Mika. Reinhart exploded this year but pound for pound I wouldn’t say he’s a better player than CK.

I’m surprised you didn’t say Ekblad was superior to Fox, lol.

These teams both have very equal high end talent, unless you’re a homer who’s oblivious to facts.
Panarin had 176 points this year? Wowza

Reactions: Givememoneyback

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Series like this can either be epic or just have 1 team not show up and be a let down from a neutral stand point. Hoping for the epic. Finally a clash of the titans in same conference happening in the conference finals

Reactions: iam76

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Shesterkin has been the better of the two goalies between him and Bob. Bob has been solid so far but he hasn’t reached last playoffs level yet. If he can in this series, this will be a short series.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Rangers where in trouble 5v5 against the Canes. Barkov will have Trocheck and Ziba for lunch, any leftovers Lundell and Benett can handle.

You can win a few ruonds just with goaltending and a great pp, but not a cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad