Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
These predictions aren't worth the bandwidth it takes to transmit them.

Hopefully it's an entertaining series. Not looking forward to hopelessly craning my neck in front of the TV trying to see the plays develop from the inexcusably low altitude 5th row camera for the Florida home games.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It’s really not a good look to see that these Rangers fans have little respect for a team being considered the most talented team in the NHI. You are showing your insecurities Rangers fans. You better realize what the fight you are now in.Try to not be like those cry baby Bruins fans that was not a good look either.
majority is voting this series going 6 or 7 games but go off king

I do have to give the Panthers a tip of the hat for how quickly the franchise turned themselves around from a joke franchise to where they are currently. My wife can remember paying less than $30 for great seats to see a FLA/NYR game on NYE like...5 years ago. I imagine it's vastly inflated since then.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
As hard as it us to admit as a fan, there's another team on the ice. I think it was more of a credit to the Canes than a blemish on the Rangers.

Not meant as a blemish. When I say bad week, I mean a stretch of ineffective games. The Rangers were at 40% through 6 playoff games. That’s unsustainable over a longer term, except for maybe the Oilers. 30% is all time great level.

The Rangers having already gone through a cooling off period makes them more intriguing here, to me.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Cats win in 5. Cats will win SC this year. It is their year.

rags is lucky that played against Metro teams in PO so far. Metro is weaker than ATL division.
Boston, Tampa and even Toronto would beat rags in a series.
Funny you say that because it’s actually the rangers that look like the team of destiny with all the 1994 voodoo comparisons…..
Whatever happens, I’d wager it goes longer than 5 games either way.
Rangers have way more offensive firepower than the bruins with just as good if not better goaltending.
Shesty has been dialed in since the all-star break, and quick played strong enough in enough games to keep him fresh for the playoffs.
Both teams haven’t had to play any long grueling 7 games series in the 1st 2 rounds, so neither should be too worn out. Just the usual bumps/bruises wear and tear.
How is the metro weak when NYR won presidents trophy, and the canes were a top favorite to win the cup????
Compared to 1 man offensive show in kucherov, a bruins team with arguably the worst Center Depth in the entire playoffs, and a leafs team known for choking against said bruins team, whose big guns can’t rise to the occasion of getting out of the first RD????

Rangers offense is just as potent as floridas, as is their PP.
It’s also a group that’s been battle tested.
Many were rookies and 1st/2nd year players 2 years ago winning two 7 game series and running out of gas and losing to a more veteran built Tampa team in the ECF……..
They also blew the NJ series last year. They added some new guys but for the most part, even the young guys have a lot of playoff experience……..

I promise, this will be no walk in the park for FLA.
Not to mention the volume of NYR fans that will invade your building. I’m sure the home team loves to hear shesty and let’s go ranger chants.

How ever this series ends up, I’m sure it will be entertaining, and If Bennett tries that bullshit with NY that he did with Boston, I’d expect Trouba or Rempe to try and decapitate him.
Rant over

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Oh gawd Last year the arrogant Leaf fans then this year the Boston crybabies. Now the Arrogant Rangers fans but first they know they are going to win then they think they are going to win..Then it’s the I will get back to you I’m not sure kinda thing. lol

• Haha
Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I don't necessarily understand why people are saying the Rangers are the ones finally playing contenders. The Rangers have as good, if not better goaltending than Boston/Tampa, while being a deeper team.

Carolina blows both of those teams out of the water when it comes to depth and the top end talent isn't vastly different. Carolina down the middle is one of the deeper teams in the league.

Florida is finally going to need to deal with two scoring lines. The x-factor for the series will be Chytil. Came back in game 4, played a really good game for someone that missed 6 months, got sick and hasn't been back yet. It's also believed the flu bug has been running through the room since. If he is back in, the 3rd line adds some series scoring punch.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Oh gawd Last year the arrogant Leaf fans then this year the Boston crybabies. Now the Arrogant Rangers fans but first they know they are going to win then they think they are going to win..Then it’s the I will get back to you I’m not sure kinda thing. lol

I already said rangers in 6 chief. Bookmark it, frame it, take it home and stick it under your panthers pillow if it makes you happy.
Already gave my thought on why…. No need to go over it again.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I already said rangers in 6 chief. Bookmark it, frame it, take it home and stick it under your panthers pillow if it makes you happy.
Already gave my thought on why…. No need to go over it again.
I’m talking about most Rangers fans you just are one of them. And as for you predicting anything before they play that’s just silly and nieve. Oh and btw I’ll make sure to tell tNt what jay thinks in Jersey.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
This what I would call a very sexy series. Anytime you have the world’s media center focususing on a New York team in the conference title the exposure is gigantic.
The Panthers are no enigma many of the most respected Hockey pundits call the Panther model all teams want to seriously look at. There is a culture of winning but also a culture of toughness and grit that sets up well for playoff hockey. Personally the Rangers worry me as a Panther fan but if I’m the Rangers I would tend to be concerned as well.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
The Dolfins have the hated Jets. I think after this series the Panthers will have the hated Rangers as the Bruins take a back seat. With this Panther Hockey team I fear nobody. The Rangers must get through Florida to show they are worthy.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
It’s really not a good look to see that these Rangers fans have little respect for a team being considered the most talented team in the NHI. You are showing your insecurities Rangers fans. You better realize what the fight you are now in.Try to not be like those cry baby Bruins fans that was not a good look either funny that Panther fan claims lack of respect for their team to Ranger fan
Kinda funny when Panther fan cries out for respect to Ranger fan.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
We all know the name of the game is goaltending and just think that Igor outplays Bob sorry Florida
It'll be a great series. I think Swayman is a better goaltender than Igor now (also Boston D better than Rangers D) and we lit him up a few times. Carolina lit Igor up a few times but couldn't handle Rangers PP. I don't think these will be low scoring games but I think they will be close games. Every game could easily be 4-3 either way. Both teams will need their team throwing themselves in front of shots to help Bob/Igor

Reactions: lubitschtouch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad