Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
No matter how many times you watch it from a proper angle you see that his stick is up high with the puck in the air and he waited for it to drop. Besides what "astrek"? How far back do calls have to be blown for them not to be real goals? Besides by most accounts the PP goal that the Panthers scored was on a BS penalty.
The correct action of not calling it a high stick is what occurred, yes.
I think that discussion and video replay can help some people understand what really happened, but even with evidence there are always those who will not see.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The correct action of not calling it a high stick is what occurred, yes.
I think that discussion and video replay can help some people understand what really happened, but even with evidence there are always those who will not see.

Somehow it was compared to the Sam Bennett play.

1) This play pretty clearly was not a high stick.

2) Sam Bennett's play happened right before the goal in the offensive zone, not the neutral zone.

3) Sam Bennett's play was reviewed and still stood.

4) Sam Bennett pretty much cheated. If the play WAS a high stick for Goodrow (which it wasn't) it was a dumb play he got away with because he could have waited for it to drop (which he did).

Reactions: BB79 and trilobyte

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Monaco is quite exciting, and I love F1.
I do agree that it sucks compared to playoff hockey. I've heard that Max Verstappen's edge work is pitiful, but yes he can drive a car better than Wayne Gretzky or Bobby Orr could.

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
LOL. He broke oshies hand and knocked trevor van reimsdyke out of the washington series all in about 25 minutes of ice time. Oh and also, hes the fastest player on the ice

What we are seeing play out in real time here is fans of opposing teams so angry that rempe wasnt just some derek boogard talentless plug and that he can actually play a solid 4th line role. Oh and btw, hes 21, raw, and his frame can carry another 20 pounds of muscle

His line was outplayed in Game 2, regardless of his speed or size. Im not rooting against him, as I am hoping Lavi plays that line even more.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Act like dogs play like Cats okay Panthers you got this beat those Rangers down ..,

GOOOOOOOOOO PANTHERS !

HANK30

Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating
No, the high stick black and white clear. It is not some interference call that is a judgement. His stick was way high and clearly should not have counted.
Major ASTREK victory.

No. it’s where the stick touches the puck…and replays show it was not clear if the point of contact with the puck was above the shoulders.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Again...

If you thought they won because of him, good for you.

I'm confused by this post. You're responding to somebody who said the team was better and that Rempe sparked them. But you're posting about Rempe's on ice play and not the rest of the team that the poster was talking about? Also the poster isn't saying they won because of Rempe, but rather the team played better because of his energy.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I'm sure. One of these times when he over commits and gives the other team an odd man rush it's going to bite you. Until then Rempe Rempe Rempe
“One of these times when Rempe actually makes a mistake” is quite the hill to die on considering every NHLer has done this at some point of their career.

Hes played 25 games and isnt a detriment to the team.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Can we talk about how forsling got a face full of hockey stick on NYR first goal?

Every camera angle shows it. All the announcers could go on about is this amazing tic tac toe play and how trocheck was all alone on the back door. Why was that I wonder?

Yes calls get missed but can't the people responsible for calling the action on the ice acknowledge what's actually happening?

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Can we talk about how forsling got a face full of hockey stick on NYR first goal?

Every camera angle shows it. All the announcers could go on about is this amazing tic tac toe play and how trocheck was all alone on the back door. Why was that I wonder?

Yes calls get missed but can't the people responsible for calling the action on the ice acknowledge what's actually happening?
There is no high sticking on a follow through of a shot or pass

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Rangers had the same thing go against them in the stadium series game against the Islanders. That's the rule and it is not a penalty

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York

As others have alluded, I do believe it was a follow-through.

I think Lindgren took a stick near the ref in game 1. His face was bleeding pretty well and it looked like a clear missed double minor. No one's complaining about it post-game.

Bad/missed calls happen and tend to even out over a series. Teams work with what's in front of them and have to execute regardless. Missed calls or whatever, Florida executed better in game 1 and rightly won.

All good. Move on.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

Can we talk about how embarrassing it is for you to complain about an incident without even knowing the rule. Educate yourself.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
There is no high sticking on a follow through of a shot or pass
I think some fans may feel that went beyond a normal follow through.
That’s not going to be called, though.

What started the scrum afterwards was Lafrenière skating up to Verhaeghe woofin’ at him after the hit on him freed up the puck. So Verhaeghe decked him. Most started on about the dirty Panthers, including some Boston fans. When Montour scored and taunted Marchand after Marchand skated up and had words for him, those same Bs fans were saying he should’ve decked Montour. Just an interesting note on the passion of fanbases and the sliding scales of justice we all have for actions of our team vs the others.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
This is the public playoff forum not the Ranger forum.
Plenty of mentions from rangers fans about devils when they’re not even involved in the series so who’s thinking about who here?
You just said in the last post that the Devils are living rent free in Rangers fans heads. But in every gdt it is Devils fans complaining about calls that benefit the Rangers even if they are right. Rangers fans do not do the same. If you want to comment as a hockey fan that’s fine but the super biased takes show one team with no history of winning is for some reason in Devils fans heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad