Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Lol Tampa was not a better team than the Panthers in 21-22. That Panthers team was the highest scoring team in 25 years, and they spent most of that season WITHOUT Giroux.
But TB swept them.....because they focused on shutting down the Panthers offense first and foremost. Their offense came from counter attacks off of turnovers and on the PP. Stamkos was diving in front of shots, going back into the room hurting and then coming back out and diving in front of more shots. They played balls out and won 4 straight.
The blueprint for the Panthers we’re watching now was inspired a lot by that series.

HANK30

Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating
As ridiculously biased as ESPN's coverage has been towards the Panthers (particularly the two intermission clowns), Rempe is the one area where the Rangers are getting hype they shouldn't be.

You mean Mark Messier? What kind of Ranger fan are you?

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If I could get a 28-game series of these two teams, that would be great.

And yes, I accept death as an outcome no matter what happens. I just think this is a fun series.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
He's 21 years old and not fully grown into his body....a bit gawky and awkward still. He was a lot worse two/three years ago. He's got a very good stride for his size though and can get around with speed. He reminds me of a young Nick Fotiu only Rempe has more size and weight. His skating is going to get better and he could be playing at 260 lbs. by the time he hits 25. The way he can run over players right now reminds me of Dustin Byfuglien. He is very much a work in progress though.

That said even if you don't roll the lines all game with him he's a player you can go to war with. He's all in and the deeper teams go into playoffs the more and more important it becomes to have players you can go to war with. He's played 25 regular season and playoff games so far and he's had a bunch of fights for sure but his hitting can make a difference. He's banged up or seriously hurt Nathan Bastian, Ilya Lyabushkin, Jonas Siegenthaler (with a bad hit he got suspended for), Trevor Van Riemsdyk and TJ Oshie just that we know of. That's a lot in a short period of time. Opponents are very aware of him when he's out on the ice just for that reason.
theQUOTE="eco's bones, post: 195726105, member: 25989"]
He's 21 years old and not fully grown into his body....a bit gawky and awkward still. He was a lot worse two/three years ago. He's got a very good stride for his size though and can get around with speed. He reminds me of a young Nick Fotiu only Rempe has more size and weight. His skating is going to get better and he could be playing at 260 lbs. by the time he hits 25. The way he can run over players right now reminds me of Dustin Byfuglien. He is very much a work in progress though.

That said even if you don't roll the lines all game with him he's a player you can go to war with. He's all in and the deeper teams go into playoffs the more and more important it becomes to have players you can go to war with. He's played 25 regular season and playoff games so far and he's had a bunch of fights for sure but his hitting can make a difference. He's banged up or seriously hurt Nathan Bastian, Ilya Lyabushkin, Jonas Siegenthaler (with a bad hit he got suspended for), Trevor Van Riemsdyk and TJ Oshie just that we know of. That's a lot in a short period of time. Opponents are very aware of him when he's out on the ice just for that reason.
[
I have had Rangers fans disagree with me too. Edge of the seat because it was a tight game but I just didn't find it fun to watch. Most of the game was breaking up passes and shots. It's good defense from both teams but it's not fun to watch to me.
Man, ANY hockey, especially close playoff hockey is fun for me!

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Full disclosure I tend to not pay attention to Ferraro I'm too busy watching the game. I'm talking about Messier and Subban. The Rangers were down 1-0 in a low event first period in game 1 where neither goalie had much work to do and Shesterkin gave up an all time softy and Subban legit said the Rangers would be down 4-0 if it wasn't for Shesterkin. All game we were hearing about how Florida was playing their game despite it being 1-0 for 57 minutes and the other two goals were an own goal and an empty netter. Then this narrative that somehow the Panthers dominated the game while they had probably fewer high end scoring chances than the Rangers. Then game 2 after the first period Messier spent two seconds talking about the Rangers being better and the rest of the time they were waxing poetic regarding Barkov and calling Forsling Lidstrom.

It's not just them, I watched a video from Marty Biron on TSN after the win and he spent the entire segment talking about how bad the PP has been and how our scoring dried up and then told us how bad we've been 5 on 5 even though we have same amount of non-empty net goals 5 on 5 in this series and that's counting an own goal. Meanwhile when the Panther win or so much as lead they're playing their amazing system to perfection. Anyone that watches the analysts and somehow thinks that they're homers for the Panthers is not watching the same analysts I am.
Lol, I didn’t hear the intermissions, but Ferraro last night was crazy. They’re probably better than we both think.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
If I could get a 28-game series of these two teams, that would be great.

And yes, I accept death as an outcome no matter what happens. I just think this is a fun series.
Maurice commented after the Bs/ FL series that teams could never play that intensely throughout a whole season. Now onto what looks to be another grinding hard fought series vs the top team in the league.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Come on now.

That Lightning team came off of two straight cups and was on their way to their third straight finals, where they lost to one of these one and guns teams you claim can’t win in the playoffs. I would also say the Lightning qualify as that, but that’s for a different topic.

Unless you’re basing it off regular season standings, the Lightning were still the stronger club as of then.

It wouldn’t be for much longer.
Their forward group was not better.

Verhaeghe+ Barkov- Giroux
Huberdeau-Bennett-Duclair
Marchment-Lundell-Reinhart

was better than anthing they could throw out there. They were also missing Point for the whole series. They beat us because they locked it down and played great team defense. And again, their blue line had way more experience and snarl than ours did.

But TB swept them.....because they focused on shutting down the Panthers offense first and foremost. Their offense came from counter attacks off of turnovers and on the PP. Stamkos was diving in front of shots, going back into the room hurting and then coming back out and diving in front of more shots. They played balls out and won 4 straight.
The blueprint for the Panthers we’re watching now was inspired a lot by that series.
Exactly. That's how you win in the playoffs, not trying to win 7-6 track meets. The refs put the whistles away in the playoffs.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Their forward group was not better.

Verhaeghe+ Barkov- Giroux
Huberdeau-Bennett-Duclair
Marchment-Lundell-Reinhart

was better than anthing they could throw out there. They were also missing Point for the whole series. They beat us because they locked it down and played great team defense. And again, their blue line had way more experience and snarl than ours did.

Exactly. That's how you win in the playoffs, not trying to win 7-6 track meets. The refs put the whistles away in the playoffs.

Kind of proves my point that the playoffs are overrated. Too many teams going by that adage and too many games that are absolute slogs.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Kind of proves my point that the playoffs are overrated. Too many teams going by that adage and too many games that are absolute slogs.
“Playoff hockey” is just not the same as Dec/Jan hockey. Every team tightens up their defensive effort and every check gets finished, even with 4 seconds left in a 2 goal game. Speed and intensity are there, There are chances and big saves.

They’re just not going to start trading chances with each other, both teams are too potent on offense to “risk” playing that way.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
“Playoff hockey” is just not the same as Dec/Jan hockey. Every team tightens up their defensive effort and every check gets finished, even with 4 seconds left in a 2 goal game. Speed and intensity are there, There are chances and big saves.

They’re just not going to start trading chances with each other, both teams are too potent on offense to “risk” playing that way.

I get it but if you're watching the other series they're playing tight defense with good goaltending but it's a lot more open.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Like Ratsreign said, hockey in May and June is different than in December. Refs put the whistles away, and every single play is magnified and more important. If you're not playing tight team defense, then you're really just not trying to win.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Different strokes for different folks. I'd take the playoff slogs over regular season hockey any time. I thoroughly enjoy watching guys have to fight for every inch of ice. One of my favourite playoff memories is Adam Graves scoring a wraparound goal on Brodeur with Stevens literally draped all over his back.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
No, the high stick black and white clear. It is not some interference call that is a judgement. His stick was way high and clearly should not have counted.
Major ASTREK victory.

If it was Florida, Northeast and Canadian media would on TV all day how it shouldn't have counted. NY fans would be crying that Bettman wants another southern team to win.

All southern markets are tired of it.
It was judged to not be a high stick and I agree with that, as did a bunch of people.
So, no meeting of the minds on this topic.
I'm not familiar with ASTREK. can you enlighten me?

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It was judged to not be a high stick and I agree with that, but so did a bunch of people.
I think you will get over it. Your last sentence about "all southern markets are tired of it" is just something spawned from your frustration.

I'm not familiar with ASTREK. can you enlighten me?

No matter how many times you watch it from a proper angle you see that his stick is up high with the puck in the air and he waited for it to drop. Besides what "astrek"? How far back do calls have to be blown for them not to be real goals? Besides by most accounts the PP goal that the Panthers scored was on a BS penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad