Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Sucks to lose on an um reviewable high stick but it is what it is. Funny how we never heard the end of the Bennett goal against Boston, but the media isn’t even acknowledging a blown call led to the OT GWG.
stop complaining. Both sides can play that game. There was interference and well-rehearsed picks by the Panthers that were ignored by the refs plenty of times.

Last edited:

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
stop the complaining. Both sides can play that game. There was interference and well-rehearsed picks by the Panthers that were ignored by the refs plenty of times.
Where am I complaining about the missed call? It was a factually blown call that can’t be reviewed. It happened. Rangers won. On to Sunday.

Only complaint I have is regarding the coverage. The Bennett goal was discussed ad nauseam. I think it’s fair to ask for the same energy to be shown for a critical missed call that negatively impacted the panthers.

Nyr88nyg

Oct 31, 2016
Both teams are very even imo and both games were decided on their goalies making the extra high danger save. 1A and 1B goalies

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sucks to lose on an unreviewable high stick but it is what it is. Funny how we never heard the end of the Bennett goal against Boston, but the media isn’t even acknowledging a blown call led to the OT GWG.

Except it wasn't a high stick. It looked like a high stick but he waited until the puck was low enough to touch it.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Sucks to lose on an unreviewable high stick but it is what it is. Funny how we never heard the end of the Bennett goal against Boston, but the media isn’t even acknowledging a blown call led to the OT GWG.
Guessing you were listening to the game on the radio?
You’ll have a different opinion once you see it on video.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
All overtime goals are automatically reviewed by the league. Youll have to find something else to complain about.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
I
Where am I complaining about the missed call? It was a factually blown call that can’t be reviewed. It happened. Rangers won. On to Sunday.

Only complaint I have is regarding the coverage. The Bennett goal was discussed ad nauseam. I think it’s fair to ask for the same energy to be shown for a critical missed call that negatively impacted the panthers.
If you are asking for unbiased coverage by broadcasters, I doubt that that can be found, except rarely. Sportsnet here in Canada always has their favourites, and the members of their panel often over-do the love of the teams they are attached to, in our case up here obviously Canadian NHL teams.
One thing that is certifiably true is that ESPN is unfit to cover hockey.

As for the "blown call" you are talking about, I don't think that it was.

Last edited:

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg

The crazy thing about the Bennett goal is that it was reviewed and still called a goal despite the vast majority of folks believing it should have been overturned. The circumstances led to a much bigger uproar.

In this case it was a missed call by the refs, which happens. There’s not much to discuss. It sucks that it wasn’t reviewable.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Dude are you really complaining about the coverage the Panthers received? Subban and Messier who appears to be overcompensating have been non-stop talking about how great the Panthers are all series and barely even mention the Rangers and when they do it's in a negative light. The Rangers won the Presidents' Trophy and you'd think it was the Washington Capitals on a cinderella run. They started period one of game one fawning over the Panthers and their style of play. Shots were like 8-7 and the Panthers lead it by 1 goal (scored on a softy) and you'd think the Rangers were run out of the building. Subban even had the gall to say that the Rangers would be down 4-0 after 1 if it wasn't for Shesterkin when he faced like 2 scoring chances all period (and even that is debateable). Today they said "the Rangers are playing better, let's ball wash Alexander Barkov and Forsling and compare Forsling to a top 5 defenseman of all time".

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

I thought it was shoulder height.

Reactions: WhereO Is Kakko

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not a fan of either team.
It's puzzling to me that fox name is mentioned in the norris debate every year.

First of all, as someone mentioned he's playing hurt. Hell he's been probably playing hurt since he got injured early this season. Second of all, even if he wasn't hurt and had a bad playoff. The award is for the regular season and year in and year out he's one of the best on both sides of the ice. Last year he fell off a bit as the series went on as did the entire team but two seasons ago he was arguably our best player in the run to the ECF.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Sucks to recap a game with a conspiracy that not a single Florida sportswriter made mention of in their postgame write-ups.

I spose if you watch the replay a hundred times you’ll see one time where you think Goodrow touched the puck above his shoulder.

Panthers fans are insufferable.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022

“factually blown call”
“critical missed call”

I want what she’s having.

LOLOLOLOL.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Doesn’t the high stick rule only apply where the puck is touched above shoulder level when standing upright? Having looked at the play more closely, I’m not convinced the goal would have been overturned even if it was reviewable.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I think the crowd who back in february said, “rempe is a talentless plug who will be back in the ahl by next week” need to filet some crow. Kid is proving hes an nhl regular at age 21 with so much room to grow his game
He can be functional but equally a liability. With his size, he can and should be a major force in the corners and a huge disruption around the net
He needs to continue to learn to play inside his limitations and not make the bonehead play and take the stupid penalty

I like his enthusiasm and respect for the game. He has potential

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Sucks to recap a game with a conspiracy that not a single Florida sportswriter made mention of in their postgame write-ups.

I spose if you watch the replay a hundred times you’ll see one time where you think Goodrow touched the puck above his shoulder.

Panthers fans are insufferable
Honestly? This Panthers group is actually pretty good imo. Every fanbase has a few meatheads who will never listen or just want to stir the pot regardless, but compared to a lot of the other series threads I've spent time in I find rangers/panthers quite tame and civil.

Mind you, it's early...

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Man, the Panthers are tough. Exactly the team I thought we’d have the hardest time beating this year. I continue to say I think this ECF is really the SCF.

I think if Bob can continue to play well, the Rangers will have a difficult time winning this series. And I know that winning goal today wasn’t good, but he’s been very good through two games. Has given us basically nothing. Rangers advantage over everyone is goaltending, so when another goalie can rise to the occasion and even it up, it makes things very difficult for us with how we’re built.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For all the Rempe talk, I think what a lot miss is that Rempe is an intangibles player. He’s not there to directly make a lot of plays that lead to goals or lead to preventing goals.

But the team’s record with him in there is amazing, and a large part of that is because he brings an energy and mindset that his teammates follow in the games he plays. Hockey isn’t all pretty plays with the puck. There’s a gritty and grinding element to the game also, and the team buys in more and is sharper at playing that type of style when Rempe is in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad