Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Vegas loves people like yoyou.
If he actually knew what he was doing he would have put money down on the Rangers when Florida went up early. You know, the team that led the league in comebacks. Rangers were already +160 (i think) going into the game. Can only imagine what that jumped to after Panthers scored.

Edit: my bad, +140 coming in

Reactions: Saitama

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
I just wanted to check in on the health of Evan Rodrigues after he was Mercy Flighted from the arena.

What’s that? He didn’t miss a shift and blew the coverage on the GWG?

Seems deserved with the Panthers Diving Team trying out for Paris

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I want to point out that the Panthers are 3-1 on special teams and the Rangers are 6-4 5 on 5 not counting the empty net. That's also counting an epic own goal on the Panthers end. I didn't watch the game and it sounds like the Panthers dominated so this not to say they've been bad 5 on 5 at least today but this narrative is exhausting.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I want to point out that the Panthers are 3-1 on special teams and the Rangers are 6-4 5 on 5 not counting the empty net. That's also counting an epic own goal on the Panthers end. I didn't watch the game and it sounds like the Panthers dominated so this not to say they've been bad 5 on 5 at least today but this narrative is exhausting.
All of those stats compiled during the season while playing against other teams really mean Jackshit right about now. People get so fixated on numbers.
Head to head regular season stats would be more telling, but even those go out the window in the playoffs.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The first 2 periods were fine. The Panthers dominated the 3rd. The Panthers also had a 6-2 PP advantage. I know, hard to believe.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
All of those stats compiled during the season while playing against other teams really don’t mean Jackshit right about now. People get so fixated on numbers.
Head to head regular season stats would be more telling, but even those go out the window in the playoffs.

We played three incredibly close games against you guys. But I also take those with a grain of salt. Two seasons ago we struggled against the Canes in the regular season and beat them in the playoffs. We were 3-0 agaisnt Tampa and lost to them in the playoffs.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
ahaha even his assist today his first pass attempt was right into a panther and bounced back to him before he could get it up to Trocheck on the second try

And the other one was just him giving the puck to his D partner who made the breakout pass.

The one on Friday was kinda a stupid torso high breakout pass that Goodrow managed to swat down to his feet.

Still, 3 assists in two games!

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
oh the sadness.. man really thought we would take it... forsling post especially..

been on the opposite side of a heartbreaker so... onto the next

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I just wanted to check in on the health of Evan Rodrigues after he was Mercy Flighted from the arena.

What’s that? He didn’t miss a shift and blew the coverage on the GWG?

Seems deserved with the Panthers Diving Team trying out for Paris
I can see being upset about the whistle when Reinhart went down. I thought whistle was to call penalty on Trouba for something with the hit. I guess the wind was knocked out of Rhino, (idk). Ref over reacted for some reason, maybe he saw hit to chest and thought it might be serious? Idk definitely was a questionable play stoppage, that shouldn’t have happened. But, having said that...
Are they slipping acid into the water supply up there? Or maybe it’s an old lead pipes problem. :puppy: Rodrigues took a shot to the head, was not the initial point of contact, but he still got hit in the head and stunned. Clearly visible, but still claiming a dive.
The bitching about the call on Rempe....can some Ranger fans not see why it was called? Lavy saw it, and pretty much benched him for rest of the game.
Some Rangers fans saying the puck wasn’t around when Bennett was there as the puck left Ranger’s stick.
Rangers fans going apeshit over every call/non call.
The passion is admirable, but it sometimes clouds the vision. (Panthers fans included, everyone can have one way eyes.)

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
I can see being upset about the whistle when Reinhart went down. I thought whistle was to call penalty on Trouba for something with the hit. I guess the wind was knocked out of Rhino, (idk). Ref over reacted for some reason, maybe he saw hit to chest and thought it might be serious? Idk definitely was a questionable play stoppage, that shouldn’t have happened. But, having said that...
Are they slipping acid into the water supply up there? Or maybe it’s an old lead pipes problem. :puppy: Rodrigues took a shot to the head, was not the initial point of contact, but he still got hit in the head and stunned. Clearly visible, but still claiming a dive.
The bitching about the call on Rempe....can some Ranger fans not see why it was called? Lavy saw it, and pretty much benched him for rest of the game.
Some Rangers fans saying the puck wasn’t around when Bennett was there as the puck left Ranger’s stick.
The passion is admirable, but it sometimes clouds the vision. (Panthers fans included, everyone can have one way eyes.)

Any time the penalties are 6-2 in a game, there will be bitching. Taking my Ranger fan bias out of it, the bitching is warranted. Rempe has been getting abused by officials.

I don't think people have a problem with the 2 minute call on Trouba. But for Erod to be down on the ice for 5 minutes and be right back out there was a terrible look, just calling it like it is

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Why have a guy in your lineup that only plays 5 minutes? Do the Rangers really not have anybody else?
RangersWorld has a bizarre fixation w Rempe. Coach is powerless to resist.

Cats are a different animal . They a handful. The longer this series goes the more you guys are gonna lose to injury. They wear you down . They a nasty bunch take no prisoners.
I feel lucky to be alive

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I can see being upset about the whistle when Reinhart went down. I thought whistle was to call penalty on Trouba for something with the hit. I guess the wind was knocked out of Rhino, (idk). Ref over reacted for some reason, maybe he saw hit to chest and thought it might be serious? Idk definitely was a questiona play stoppage, that shouldn’t have happened. But, having said that...
The passion is admirable, but it sometimes clouds the vision. (Panthers fans included, everyone can have one way eyes
E: damn mispost. Sutherland isn’t as bad against the rangers I remembered so I meant to not post about it!

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I must say, Ratsreign, you are one of, if not the most, enjoyable opposing team posters I've had the pleasure of encountering these playoffs. @Czechboy in the Oilers threads is up there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad