GDT: ECF Game 1|The Guild of Calamitous Intent|Penguins vs. Bruins|Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Any chance in hell Vitale plays over Sutter next game? He cannot possibly be any more invisible.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
Once it was 2-0 it was over, they were always just going to take the neutral zone away.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Well, of course you'd rather be the team carrying the play. I just don't find any solace in saying "Well, we dominated" because it doesn't really mean anything in the end. The score matters and if you're on the short end of it then that's all that really matters. I think it's entirely possible for us to "dominate" our way to 4 losses.

Isles lost at least two games where they outplayed the pens for the majority of the game.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
to be fair, Fleury has terrific numbers against Boston.

however, you don't put him in unless Vokoun really is the reason they are losing. so far, he isn't.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Sutter looks like a ***** out there. Might wanna find a way to add some bulk kid.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
If only we had a player on the team who could win board battles for Malkin and Neal.

If only we had a proven finisher to play with Sid.

Oh wait.

Only if we had a power forward playing his proper position with the best player in the world

Malkin4Top6Wingerz

Can you like, shutup
Mar 14, 2009
Well, of course you'd rather be the team carrying the play. I just don't find any solace in saying "Well, we dominated" because it doesn't really mean anything in the end. The score matters and if you're on the short end of it then that's all that really matters. I think it's entirely possible for us to "dominate" our way to 4 losses.

I'd much rather lose a game that I thought we dominated than to lose a game that we got thoroughly outplayed in. The latter is far more demoralizing to a team and bodes poorly for their future outlook (see: Ottawa).

66 to 87

Apr 23, 2013
You think that scrum at the end of the 2nd would have fired them up. Instead they come out on empty.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Just curious, why did they take Iginla off the first PP unit? Your team's PP seems to not be very effective without him, and then it seems to get instantly better when Iginla is on there. Seems pretty open and shut to me. What gives?

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
This team let a 1-0 Boston lead that was based off of some lucky breaks on posts and a deflected goal turn them into a total headcase. This team needs better leadership than that from it's coach and captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad