GDT: ECF Game 1|The Guild of Calamitous Intent|Penguins vs. Bruins|Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LGP6687

Apr 3, 2013
Nothing deflates the Penguins more than **** refereeing. I think every time I've watched a game where the Pens got screwed by the refs they just gave up and **** the bed. It's hard to fight when every bad call deflates your team and fuels the other team and gives them more and more momentum.

I wish the refs would declare that they're going to be on one team's side before the game starts so I don't waste 3 hours of my life watching it.

BigBadBoris

Apr 3, 2012
That missed empty net by Crosby is this game in a nutshell. How many posts have we hit this game?

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
I just want one just so Rask doesn't get the satisfaction of a shutout... not that he hasn't earned it. but still just one.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Pens have a donut on the scoreboard, have drawn a blank on the PP and two brutal turnovers that ended up in the back of our net. Vokoun is the least of our problems.

They played with great tempo most of the game, just not much execution.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
**** man. Out playing them badly, but they're converting and we're not. Difference in this game.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Shoot the ****ing puck...

And as for Fleury, he's played well when he's been put back in...it will never happen and I know that

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Is he going to score 4 goals (on the Bruins) if not then no.

tumblr_mkt6llT2h61qbxc8qo1_250.gif

nTsplnk*

Guys, Crosby just hasn't been good since his hat trick against Ottawa.

Malkin is literally carrying this team's offense with a tougher matchup to boot.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz

Can you like, shutup
Mar 14, 2009
This is why I don't really buy into the "We're dominating! The offense will come eventually!" mentality. Puck possession and hits mean nothing if you don't take advantage of your chances. We the should know that better than anyone after beating an Islanders team that really carried the play against us.

Possessing the puck more and getting more scoring chances than your opponent generally leads to wins, but not always. That's all you can really ask for from your team (though I don't think the team played particularly great past the midway point in this game).

Of course you have to convert on those chances, but the percentages run hot and cold for all teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad