Dynasty Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Good tip on your AHL team.

That's been the trick with the AHL team and player development in Be a GM for a few years - make sure that your Ahl team is successful, by grabbing those mid-70s overall free agents and putting them on lines with your young prospects.

First - it helps your prospects do better on the ice (points, +/-, etc)

Second - it helps your AHL team make the playoffs, which should be the goal every year. Even if it's 4 and out in the playoffs, there's definite value in having your AHL team make the playoffs on the development of young players.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
At Toppsmith (doing the Great Britain challenge):

Have you seen any good British players come through the draft? It'd be cool to have a British player or two on your team.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Yes.

Plenty of sense.

You just need to understand how it works, why your roster is struggling, and how to fix it.

If you break down the simulation of a season into months, or a period of 6 weeks (from scout visit to scout visit), then analyze your team's stats (GFPG, GAPG, PP%, PK%, etc)., as well as individual stats, it's pretty easy to identify where and how your team is struggling.

The fun part of Be a GM is knowing how to correct those struggles.

But in short - yes, there's plenty of sense in the way the simulation engine works. Just need to understand the system.

I find when your team is too stacked, the individual stats of your players are usually really low and my team never seems to do that good. When I play, my team and individual players do best when I have a lower overall player (usually a young gun) alongside two higher overall players.

I usually have a Vet who compliments my prospects skill set on each AHL line, and make sure to put NHL players in position to succeed ( play players in their role with players that compliment them) and I have had great success in simulation results both with wins and player growth.

The key is to have players that compliment others and play them in their role.

Appreciate the responses. It's frustrating for me to take the Bruins and watch them get crushed by teams that are ranked much worse in the simulation. I see a lot of inconsistencies in my GM mode (ex. scouts ignore the assignments; wild fluctuations in player growth). It seems like maybe I need to spend a little more time on the management side of things rather than simply hoping the roster out there will win?

Is there a place I can find a comprehensive sort of guide on how to set up and run my GM mode to get accurate sim results?

Universe

Eh?
Jul 31, 2008
Comets stay quiet on deadline day

Despite sitting nine points out of a playoff spot, the Utica Comets did not make any moves at the NHL trade deadline.

Director of Hockey Operations Stephen Dyell says that he spoke with Vancouver General Manager Mike Gillis and the need for a move was not there. Instead of making a splash, the team will provide more playing time to Jeremie Blain, Ludwig Blomstrand and David Pacan who have spent the season with the Kalamazoo Wings.

The Canucks followed the same path and only traded Yannick Weber to the New York Islanders for a seventh-round pick in this years draft. With the team finally healthy, they will rely on Comet veterans to fill voids if the injury bug returns.

Dyell says there may be a few free agent signings but the goal to finish the season is to progress the prospect pool.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Inspired by DemonsOnIce96 I've decided to put this little tournament together. It won't start until DemonsOnIce96 finishes up with his great Virtual Sochi tournament which has been a great read and if you haven't read it your missing out. Anyways here's what's next in the great sim world of the NHL.

Canada_Cup_Returns.png

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Inspired by DemonsOnIce96 I've decided to put this little tournament together. It won't start until DemonsOnIce96 finishes up with his great Virtual Sochi tournament which has been a great read and if you haven't read it your missing out. Anyways here's what's next in the great sim world of the NHL.

Canada_Cup_Returns.png

I look forward to this very much.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I'm not expecting Team Atlantic to do well. We don't have much to offer aside from 4-5 main people.

Offense would be acceptable for an NHL team. The defense though is anchored by McQuaid and Andrew MacDonald, not exactly all-star's like the four other teams. Goaltending is more then questionable though.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Would anyone be interested in my San Jose :sharks GM Mode?
I started one once the latest rosters came out, but never got around to doing much. :help:
So yeah, anyone interested?

PS: I'll probably start over, to be "fresh" because I did get a year in I found :P

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Big Changes Underway in San Jose!

Days before the start of pre-season the San Jose Sharks have asked Doug Wilson to step down as GM. Wilson will remain on as a Special Adviser to the new GM. The new GM is a relative no name in the hockey world, from Ontario up in Canada, Mark Morrison.

"I was just as shocked as all of you were when I got the call to be the next GM of the Sharks. This team has a great core, but I'll be looking to put my own 'stamp' if you will on the team, so expect some big changes coming!! One thing that will not change will be our head coach. I've talked with Todd (Mclellan) and he has the same vision that I do for our team, to be a Stanley cup contender. I hope to bring us that very soon, as the Sharks have one of the best fan bases in the league and they deserve that cup!"

@TSNBobMckenzie: getting word out of San Jose that Thornton has been traded by new gm. more to come. #newgm #wow #bignews

@TSNBobMckenzie: done deal. Thornton to Chicago for Kane. full details coming
EDIT: Thornton Hannan, 2 ftr 2nd's to CHI for P.Kane, D Kostka. #newgm #donedeal

@TSNBobMckenzie: presser by new gm in 10, announcing trade.

"The San Jose Sharks have traded C Joe Thornton, D Scott Hannan, and 2 future 2nd round picks to the Blackhawks for RW Patrick Kane and D Mike Kostka. First off, I would like to thank Big Joe for his dedication and his services to this franchise. He's a class act, and I wish him all the best moving forward. When I came into being gm I saw a real need for some top end skill, and in today's NHL you have to give to get. I've always had my eye on Kane, he's got an amazing skill set, which will do wonders for our team. Welcome to the team Kane!

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Trades, Trades Galore!

Well, when the Sharks new GM said there was going to be some big changes, he did not disappoint!

@TSNBobMckenzie: hearing more news out of SJ, D-man traded. Details to follow. #moremoves #trades
@TSNBobMckenzie: done deal. Braun, D prospect Mueller to STL for D Shattenkirk, prospect, 1st round pick.

@TSNBobMckenzie: more news. a big names being moved. stay tuned for update.
@TSNBobMckenzie: traded: Patrick Marleau, D Stuart, prospect to COL for Landeskog, D Johnson, 2nd rounder.

@TSNBobMckenzie: wow, big day apparently, more moves to come by new gm stay tuned.
@TSNBobMckenzie: LW Havlat trade to STL for prospect. Likely cap dump for more moves. #newgm #smartidea

@TSNBobMckenzie: hearing more news out fo SJ. trade in works. more news incoming.
@TSNBobMckenzie: D Boyle, prospect, pick shipped to PHX for D OEL

@TSNBobMckenzie: more trades incoming from new gm, stay tuned.
@TSNBobMckenzie: Prospect C Hertl trade to CGY for prospect LW Baertschi.

@TSNBobMckenzie: big news rumbling out of SJ as new gm has made another today. follow for info.
@TSNBobMckenzie: C Pavelski, 2 future 2nds traded to FLA for C Huberdeau, 2014 1st.

@TSNBobMckenzie: another trade in works...busy day today
@TSNBobMckenzie: prospect C Tierno to CGY for C Stajan

"I'd like to take the time to thank Dan Boyle, Joe Pavelski and Patrick Marleau for their time, commitment and services to the Sharks. They are all great guy, and class acts, so I wish them nothing but the best going forward. I know some of the fans that grew up with these guys will miss them, but as I previously stated, you need to trade talent to get talent. Good luck guys!
My vision, when I came in as GM was to get younger, and we have. I felt like this team, if left untouched would be heading towards a rebuild within a couple years, and by trading now, we get to maximize our assets.
All of these players I brought in will play key roles for our club for the coming years! It's a great time to be a Sharks fan! Todd will announce the opening day roster against the Canucks, barring any more trades that is!"

FA signings:
G Auld 1yr/$1M
LW Latendresse 1yr/2.25M

Lando - Couture - Kane
Baert - Hubby - Burns
Latendrese - Stajan - Kennedy
Torres - Burish - Sheppard

OEL - Johnson
Vlasic - Shattenkirk
Irwin - Demers

Niemi
Auld

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Halfway Point of Season Reached, Sharks Playing Decent

When the San Jose Sharks made the move to grab a new GM, that, in turn, gutted a portion of the roster, many thought that it would be a poor season. Not the GM. With a record of 23-15-3, GM Morrison had this to say:
"We have a good enough team to make the playoffs, for sure. But, like I said when at the start of the season, my vision is to make this team younger, and able to contend for the Cup for many years to come, not just the next couple, had I left the roster untouched. I mean, the players I had to trade, were elite players, but they were players that were at the tail end of their careers. I wanted to ensure that we could have a competitive team, and to stay competitive. The season is still only halfway done, so a lot of things can change."
And after GM Morrison made these comments he went out and made yet another trade this season

@TSNBobMckenzie: Trade just went down. SJ gets LW Pacioretty MTL gets RW Burns, future 1st and 2nd.

At the presser, the GM was asked this question:
Q: "You seem to be trading away many draft picks. What is your reasoning for doing so? You're basically depleting your prospect pool before you even get there."
GM: "*chuckles* I was wondering when this question was going to be asked. Basically, it comes down to this. All the picks I've traded away are future picks, most of the picks traded, the players are in Midget still, and besides, why wait 10+ yrs for a player to be drafted, and develop, when I could add those picks in to get a great young player right now? This is not a rebuilding team, let me make that clear, so most of our picks are available, for the right deal of course, and the ones I've traded were the right deals. Thank you."

trades:
Mclaren for Torres

new line-ups
Lando - Couture - Kane
MaxPac - Hubby - Baert
Latendresse - Stajan - Kennedy
Mclaren - Burish - Sheppard

Vlasic - Shattenkirk
Johnson - OEL
Irwin - Demers

Niemi
Auld

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Appreciate the responses. It's frustrating for me to take the Bruins and watch them get crushed by teams that are ranked much worse in the simulation. I see a lot of inconsistencies in my GM mode (ex. scouts ignore the assignments; wild fluctuations in player growth). It seems like maybe I need to spend a little more time on the management side of things rather than simply hoping the roster out there will win?

Is there a place I can find a comprehensive sort of guide on how to set up and run my GM mode to get accurate sim results?

I think the first problem is the Bruins - for whatever reason, they just don't simulate at all realistically in this game. That's been the case in EA games for a while now; I've even gone and adjusted some of their individual players (made Rask an elite goaltender, given players like Lucic, Bergeron, and Krejci overall increases), and they still struggle.

I wonder whether it's got something to with the fact that they are a big team, but a slow team? Maybe speed plays a huge part in the simulation?

As for your question regarding a comprehensive guide on how to do well in GM - there isn't one that I know, but there are videos by 2BCProductions2BC on YouTube; he basically picks a team, simulates every single game, and tries to create a dynasty with a team for 10 years. You can pick up a lot from the way he does things.

Some simple tips I would suggest:

1 - In your GM tracker, you are given a list of "Top Offensive players" and "Top Defensive players". Try and utilize that list for setting up your special teams. Keep in mind that those lists aren't 100% accurate (a player with a 99 slap shot power might translate into someone with a high 'offense', even though he has terrible accuracy. Phaneuf comes to mind - you'd probably want someone like Franson and Gardiner on the PP).

2 - Try and compliment your lines. LW-C-RW is pretty important, but if you are going to play someone out of position try and make sure it's a center playing at wing. A center at wing tends to function a lot better than an LW @ RW and vice-versa.

3 - Compliment your player roles as well. I always try and setup my top 2 lines with things like: SNIPER - PLAYMAKER - SNIPER, and my bottom 2 lines as TWF-PLAY-TWF, or grinders. Defensively, having an OFD-DFD or OFD-TWD always works well. DFD-DFD always works well. OFD-OFD always seems to be a disaster.

4 - Simulate a month at a time, and then analyze how you are doing. What I like to do is go to the Team Standings, and keep an eye on things like GFPG (I prefer my teams to be close to 3.00), GAPG (somewhere around 2.00), PP% (20%) and PK% (85%). If you find that your team's stats aren't good enough, try making adjustments (for example - if your PP is struggling, try changing some players around. Maybe that 2nd line winger that is leading your team in goals can be upgraded to your 1st PP unit etc?).

Keep breaking your simulation down month by month and see whether or not your team is progressing. For example, if your PP is only operating at 15%, and you make a change, and notice that the next month is now operating at 12%, maybe go back to the way it was before or make brand new changes. Or, in more extreme conditions, try and make a trade and acquire someone that could help ? (OFDs really help the PP).

5 - Do the same with your player stats as well on a month-to-month basis. Have reasonable expectations based on your team. As GM of the NYI, my 1st line was Kucherov - Tavarez - Patrick Kane. Kucherov and JT were both producing at a point-per-game, but Kane was struggling to put up points. So, for the next month, I moved Kane down and put Okposo on the first line in his spot because he's leading my team in goals. The end result was big improvement for my team.

On the blueline, keep an eye on + / - rather than points. + / - is a useless stat in real hockey, but in simulating it tells you a good amount of information about how your D is doing. On the ice for more goals against than for? Try changing things up. Maybe alter your D-pairings, or see if the + / - if your D relates to the +/- if your forwards (maybe your top 3 lines are all + lines, but your 4th line is the one really hurting your team. Therefore, try making changes to your 4th line).

Finally on goaltenders on the month-by-month, same deal. GAA close to 2.00, and a Save Percentage of around 92% or above are great stats.

I know that's a lot, but breaking the sim down to a month-to-month and analyzing how your team is doing, is a really good way of figuring out what things your team is doing well and not so well, and lets you make more adjustments - rather than just sending your roster out and hoping they sort things out on their own.

6 - Just let it happen!

That's one of the other things about Be a GM. You know you have a good team. The game knows you have a good team. But you just aren't playing as a good team? If this is the case, sometimes being patient is a really good approach - see if they can turn it around on their own. I've been in some cases where my team gets off to an awful start, but given my cap situation there's not a whole lot I can do. Leave it status-quo for the first two months, and then they just miraculously turn it around on their own and win the division.

Very strange, but it definitely seems like there are some sort of momentum-based mechanics built into the sim engine that are very hard to explain. It's almost impossible, regardless of how good your team is, to go an entire season without going through some sort of losing streak, even if it's just 3-4 games.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Sharks Claim The Pacific Division!

Yes folks, you heard right! The Sharks have claimed the new Pacific Division crown.
Points leaders:
MaxPac 42-38-80
Kane 28-50-78
Couture 22-56-78
Goals:
MaxPac 42
Kane 28
Baertschi/Landeskog 26

Ending the year with a 45-31-6 record, the Sharks are up against the Predators.
The Sharks dispatch the Preds with a convincing 4-2 series win.
Up next....The...Calgary Flames? Interesting...

And the Sharks pull through with yet another 4-2 series win, riding the backs of Huberdeau and Couture, the Sharks 1-2 punch down the middle.
Up next are the Minnesota Wild.

The Sharks have been eliminated, being up 3-0 in the series, the Wild came storming back, to be only the 5th team in NHL history to do such a Herculean feat. Riding the back of Parise, and Suter, their lucrative signings a year ago, the Wild dominated to win 4 straight.
GM Morrison on the season+playoffs: "We had a really good year this year, I'm proud of our guys. There was so much turnover this year, that chemistry could have been a problem, but they pulled through, and now they have the summer to get to know each other more, and, just like I am, are highly anticipating the upcoming season."

Up next the draft!

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Draft Day!

It's that time of year again, the one where life long dreams come true and careers start, it's the draft. We'll have all the coverage for your San Jose Sharks on the upcoming draft, so stay tuned!

We've found out the draft order, and your Sharks hold the 13th, 22nd, and 27th overall picks in the first round, and the 32 pick in round 2.

"I'd like to thank the city of Philadelphia for their hospitality at the draft, and I'd like to thank our fans, watching the draft back at the Shark Tank. With that said, with the 13th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the San Jose Sharks are pleased to Select, from the WHL's Calgary Hitmen RW Jake Virtanen." (52 OVR RW SNP 4 GOLD star)

"Again, like to thank our fans watching back at the Shark Tank. And with the 22nd overall pick in the Draft, we are pleased to select from the WHL's Prince Albert Raiders LW Leon Draisaitl." (54 OVR LW PLY 4 GOLD Star)

"With the 27th overall pick in the draft, we are pleased to select from the WHL's Red Deer Rebels Dman Haydn Fleury." (50 OVR TWD 4 GOLD star)

2nd round pick: 32nd overall, D Colton Bobyk (56 OVR TWD 4 GREEN Star! :clap: )

Up Next, Resign stage!

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Resign and Free Agent Frenzy!

Here are a list of all the resignings for the :sharks.

LW Guillaume Latendresse 2yrs/1.85M
D Jason Demers 2 yrs/3.5M
C Matt Stajan 2yrs/2.15M
G Harri Sateri 2yr-2 way/.76M
C Tommy Wingels 1 yr/.900M
C James Sheppard 1yr/1.15M
RW Alexander Frolov 2yr-2way/.825M
D Nick Petrecki 2yr-2way/.750M
C Bracken Kearns 2yr-2way/.650M
RW Mike Brown 2yr-2way/.675M
RW Cody Bass 2yr-2way/.715M
LW John McCarthy 2yr-2way/.650M
D Matt Tennyson 2yr-2way/.685M
D Taylor Doherty 2yr-2way/.650M

Free Agent Signings:
D Dalton Thrower 3yr-2way/.925M
C Marcel Goc 2yrs/2.35M
D Keith Aulie 1yr/.950M
LW Eric Wellwood 2yr-2way/.750M
RW Colton Sceviour 1yr-2way/.925M
D Mike Lundin 2yr-2way/.750M
RW Jordan Szwarz 1yr-2way/.700M
G Joacim Eriksson 1yr-2way/.725M

GM Morrison, made no more moves after this, he was being quoted at saying the "team is good enough now".

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
Some solid points by Tak7, and I'd just like to add some additional comments.

I think the first problem is the Bruins - for whatever reason, they just don't simulate at all realistically in this game. That's been the case in EA games for a while now; I've even gone and adjusted some of their individual players (made Rask an elite goaltender, given players like Lucic, Bergeron, and Krejci overall increases), and they still struggle.

I wonder whether it's got something to with the fact that they are a big team, but a slow team? Maybe speed plays a huge part in the simulation?

I think that plays a big part into it. If you look at the original description of the Sim engine they are currently using, I would hazard a guess that speed plays a big part into the equation if you consider these parts of the description:

EASports said:
3. Based on the attributes of the puck owning team, and the defensive team, a certain amount of time will be required to set up the ‘next play’ and prepare for a shot. The greater the defensive abilities for the team without the puck, the greater likelihood that the puck will be turned over, or poke checked away before a shot may be taken. Teams on a power play will have a distinct advantage in this case, as like in real life, they’ll always have one extra player contributing to the abilities (ratings & number crunching) of their team, vs the short handed team.

9. Once we have this formula, we can determine one of five different outcomes, which take all the above factors (and more) into account.

b. The shot misses the net entirely, distance from net and location targeted feed into this.

c. The shot is saved by the goalie, but bounces free.

i. In this case, depending on the quality of both teams, we determine which team gets possession of the rebound, which may spawn another shot immediately, or clearing the puck out of the defensive zone.

So in essence, if in fact the Bruins' players have low ratings in their speed categories, then it's not unreasonable to speculate that the number crunching would favour the other team retrieving the puck in both the offensive and defensive zone. This would lead to more chances against/less chances for the Bruins which would explain the bad record. It may be that the speed portion of the equation has too much weight compared to other things like proper defensive positioning etc. That's why when I assemble my lines, especially my top two lines, I try to have one player with elite defensive skills, one player with elite athletic abilities, and one player with elite offensive skills.

Tak7 said:
2 - Try and compliment your lines. LW-C-RW is pretty important, but if you are going to play someone out of position try and make sure it's a center playing at wing. A center at wing tends to function a lot better than an LW @ RW and vice-versa.

3 - Compliment your player roles as well. I always try and setup my top 2 lines with things like: SNIPER - PLAYMAKER - SNIPER, and my bottom 2 lines as TWF-PLAY-TWF, or grinders. Defensively, having an OFD-DFD or OFD-TWD always works well. DFD-DFD always works well. OFD-OFD always seems to be a disaster.

4 - Simulate a month at a time, and then analyze how you are doing.

I tend to follow the same thing, but with a few minor differences.

1) I do a detailed sim, that way I get a decent breakdown of what's happening.

i) Is your team getting outshot consistently?
ii) Is any particular line getting badly outplayed (as shown in +/- numbers)
iii) Are your top shooters (those with higher wsa/ssa) getting the most shots in most of your games?

2) I don't care about the player type breakdown, but I rarely have anything other than playmakers on my top two lines. Powerforwards haven't worked well for me. However, that may be due to the strategies I have setup for my team - those have a big impact on simulation results.

3) Once you find something that works, remember it and stick with it. If you have some good offense going, remember those lines/powerplay setups. For example, if you have your top two lines going offensively and your top line RW goes down due to injury, don't promote your second line RW to the top line, keep your second line intact.

Players also go on hot/cold streaks. If you notice one of your players has slowed down, send him down to the third line or something like that, make him play against weaker competition and once he gets going again, promote him back up.

3) This goes along with my first point, you want your best shooters to get the most shots. That may mean not loading up your top two lines with your best players depending on how deep your team is, and you may end up with a diminishing return scenario.

For example, let's say any given line, no matter how dominant, can only put up ~6 shots on net in any given game. Now let's say you have three really good shooters such that the simulation tries to spread the offense around, so each player on that line end up with ~2 shots/game. Now, assume the shooting rate for top players is ~15%, you're looking at ~25 goals for one player, or 74 goals for that line. Now let's say you spread the offense, such that as the dominant player on their own line, they each get ~3-4 shots a game. With the same shooting percentage, that translates to ~37-49 goals per player and at least 111 goals - a significant difference.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Your doing a good job but when you do the draft can you add the potential of the prospects

Thanks! and I just KNEW I forgot something lol. I'll go back and add the potentials of the players I listed in a minute, so keep your eye on the draft day post!

Edited! I'll include it in future postings!

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Start of Season 2!

Yes, folks, its that time of year again! The hockey season is about to get underway here in San Jose! Here is your opening night line-up for the 2014-2015 season of your San Jose Sharks against the Phoenix Coyotes!

MaxPac(89 SNP 4.5g*) - Couture(89 PLY4.5g*) - Kane(94 SNP5g*)
Landeskog(87 PWF 4.5g*) - Huberdeau(87 PLY4.5g*) - Baertschi(84 SNP4.5*)
Latendresse(81 PWF) - Kennedy(81 TWF) - Wingels(82 TWF3.5g*)
Mclaren(77 TGH) - Goc(81 TWF) - Burish(76 GRN)

OEL(84 OFD4.5g*) - Shattenkirk(87 TWD4.5g*)
Vlasic(84 DFD) - E.Johnson(87 DFD4.5g*)
Irwin(85 TWD4g*) - Demers(84 DFD3.5g*)

Niemi
Auld

**Legend**
R= red star potential
G= gold star potential
GR= green star potential

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
One Month In, Sharks Looking Good!

An entire month of Hockey is over, so let's take a recap of what's happened to your Sharks over the month of October!

Record:
4-1-4
2nd in Pacific Division
4th in Western Conference
7th in NHL
2.89 GFPG
2.44 GAPG
15% PP
84.6% PK

Stats Leaders:
Goals:
1st. Baertschi/Kane/MaxPac 4
Baertschi 4-4-8
Couture 0-7-7

Goalies:
Niemi 9 GP 2.38GAA 4W/1L/2OTL/2SOL .913SV%

The Sharks look to contnue there impressive play into the Christmas break!

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Half Way Through Season Report

It's the end of December, which means a new year! So let's take a look at your San Jose Sharks play since the end of October!

Record:
21-10-5 - 47pts
1st in Pacific Division
3rd in Western Conference
5th in NHL
3.08GFPG (2nd best)
2.39GAFG (14th best)
17.6% PP (17th best)
86.1% PK (11th best)

Stats Leaders:
Goals:
1st. Kane 18
2nd. Baertschi 14
3rd. Huberdeau 12
2nd. Baertschi 14-16-30
2nd. Couture 6-24-30

Goalies:
Niemi 36GP 2.29GAA 21W 10L 2OTL 3SOL .920SV%

The Sharks look to improve there record and and try to limit loses, and get more loses in overtime, to get that extra point.
GM Morrison had this to say about the season thus far:
"We've been playing some pretty good hockey. Our guys are finally clicking, and meshing well, and they're just having fun. We've got a young group of guy, with some good veterans that know how to get it done. Our goal, after last years performance is to get that elusive cup that has been so close to this team many times. I really feel we have a legitimate chance to win it all this year. Now you sports analysts are seeing why I made the moves I did last year. Contention, and staying a contender."

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
All Star Weekend

It's the All Star weekend, and the Sharks have played pretty damn well, since the last team update, with 9 wins, and only 1 overtime loss! They also have 4, yes that's right 4 players going to the All Star game, and those players are Max Pacioretty, Patrick Kane, Kevin Shattenkirk, and Anti Niemi.

Record:
30-10-6 66pts
1st in Pacific Division
2nd in Western Conference
2nd in NHL
3.33GFPG (1st in NHL)
2.15GAPG (3rd in NHL)
21.3% on PP (7th in NHL)
86.6% on PK (4th in NHL)

Stats Leaders:
Goals:
1. Kane 22
2. Baertschi 19
3. MaxPac 18
2. Couture 6-38-44
3. Huberdeau 15-26-41

Goalies:
Niemi 46 GP 2.08GAA 30W 10L 2OTL 4SOL .929SV%

The team has been on fire as of late, and the players hope to keep up the incredible play going into the last month before trade deadline, where anything could happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad