Proposal: Dylan Strome For Poehling [CHI & MTL]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
who says no ?
Shedding salary on a center Montreal would love at 3c to give more of an offensive role and Evans could focus on the defensive side on the 4th. Poehling would still take time to develop but could turn better than Strome and way more physical.

:hawks
- Poehling

:habs
- Strome

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
who says no ?
Shedding salary on a center Montreal would love at 3c to give more of an offensive role and Evans could focus on the defensive side on the 4th. Poehling would still take time to develop but could turn better than Strome and way more physical.

:hawks
- Poehling

:habs
- Strome
Hawks say no. No matter how you slice it Strome is usually a 50 pt player with potential for more and those don't grow on trees.

To me the Borgstrom acquisition is unnecessary because Strome does his job better.

The only reasons Strome is on his way out are the defensive deficiency and cost.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Poehling isn’t an NHL level player. If Chicago is trading Strome, should be for some type of draft pick. Maybe a 3rd + 5th, which has more value than Poehling carries.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Poehling isn’t an NHL level player. If Chicago is trading Strome, should be for some type of draft pick. Maybe a 3rd + 5th, which has more value than Poehling carries.
that's highly debatable, Wouldn't trade 3rd +5th

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Strome is a bad fit on the Habs. prob a bad fit on most teams considering his turns are too poor to be a C in the NHL

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Dylan Strome has averaged 0.60ppg across his career 204 games.

Ryan Poehling? 0.18ppg across a measly 28 games because he's an AHLer.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Dylan Strome has averaged 0.60ppg across his career 204 games.

Ryan Poehling? 0.18ppg across a measly 28 games because he's an AHLer.
you will get hurt if you think this way with Strome. I see a kid who's struggling in Chicago, was fine the first year and kept getting worse and worse the more years he played there.

He needs a change

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Picks dont do much for Chicago they need forwards who can play defensively and pk.

Strome for Lehkonen and a 2nd makes way more sense for the Hawks
That’s an over-pay from the Habs. Big one.

but may be worth seeing if they’d do it for just Lehkonen. Chicago just healthy scratched Strome. You’re not dealing from a position of value.

But your coach just tried Tyler Johnson as the 1C (LOL) :help: so he doesn’t seem to know much about his roster.

Ledge And Dairy

That’s an over-pay from the Habs. Big one.

but may be worth seeing if they’d do it for just Lehkonen. Chicago just healthy scratched Strome. You’re not dealing from a position of value.

But your coach just tried Tyler Johnson as the 1C (LOL) :help: so he doesn’t seem to know much about his roster.
(Not my coach, I'm not a Hawks fan)

Being a healthy scratch for 1 game doesnt mean a whole lot when the team is still trying to figure out their lines. We'll see tonight though if he plays and where.

Strome would be expected to be a 2nd or 3rd line center for whatever team is inquiring (probably 2nd). Middle 6 centers under 25 are generally worth at least a 2nd IMO

GUY 10

May 26, 2016
TN, USA
(Not my coach, I'm not a Hawks fan)

Being a healthy scratch for 1 game doesnt mean a whole lot when the team is still trying to figure out their lines. We'll see tonight though if he plays and where.

Strome would be expected to be a 2nd or 3rd line center for whatever team is inquiring (probably 2nd). Middle 6 centers under 25 are generally worth at least a 2nd IMO
Well, Strome is a healthy scratch again tonight.
How about Strome for Lehkonen,+Byron (LTIR)+ 3rd (CAR)?

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Hawks say no. No matter how you slice it Strome is usually a 50 pt player with potential for more and those don't grow on trees.

To me the Borgstrom acquisition is unnecessary because Strome does his job better.

The only reasons Strome is on his way out are the defensive deficiency and cost.
How are you so sure when Borgstrom has played 1 2/3 NHL games in the Blackhawks system? His play has been fine and it’s not like he’s pointless through the 5 periods he’s played. I’m not going to say he’s going to be better than Strome but if it’s consistent play to the very small sample size then that value dollar wise and play fitting into whatever it is system this is is much more beneficial to the organization. Strome has had injuries sure, but he hasn’t done anything outside of the preseason to warrant he has a place in Chicago.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
How are you so sure when Borgstrom has played 1 2/3 NHL games in the Blackhawks system? His play has been fine and it’s not like he’s pointless through the 5 periods he’s played. I’m not going to say he’s going to be better than Strome but if it’s consistent play to the very small sample size then that value dollar wise and play fitting into whatever it is system this is is much more beneficial to the organization. Strome has had injuries sure, but he hasn’t done anything outside of the preseason to warrant he has a place in Chicago.
I've seen Strome be damn good for a season and a half.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
As MTL I d do Chiarot for Strome. MTL already has Savard and Edmunson and Romanov as physical shutdown Ds, they could spare Chiarot who can eat a lot of minutes but should not be used as a 1st pair Dman. Would CHI consider this ? Would other MTL fans consider this ?

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019

Borgstrom's acquisition pushed Strome out of the team.

Only reason to keep Strome is that coach would be going out.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Lol if Sam Bennett was worth 2 2nds Strome is definitely worth more than 1
I’ll take Bennett any day over Strome. Bennett was buried in Calgary on the the third line. Almost ppg player in the playoffs and has already shown last year the difference when he went to Florida. Plus- much grittier

Reactions: Pertti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad