Dustin Byfuglien personal LOA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
giphy.gif
And a big special harvest moon as well , ooooooooo scary stuff kids . :blackcat:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Am I the only one who didn’t hear anything last year about him wanting to retire? When people are saying that there are rumours about him wanting to retire, are we just talking about someone on HF Boards who randomly posted an unsubstantiated post about him wanting to retire? Or are we taking about an actual source or article saying it? Just not sure why him taking a personal leave of absence somehow got like half of the posters in this thread to talk about him suddenly thinking of retiring...
I heard nothing.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Maurice categorized it as "nothing sinister" and "He needs some time to work through some things. He's going to be fine, everything's fine."

Chevy said there's not issues with his family, everybody is fine. Paraphrasing that.

That's the official words on it. Maybe he is going to retire.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Am I the only one who didn’t hear anything last year about him wanting to retire? When people are saying that there are rumours about him wanting to retire, are we just talking about someone on HF Boards who randomly posted an unsubstantiated post about him wanting to retire? Or are we taking about an actual source or article saying it? Just not sure why him taking a personal leave of absence somehow got like half of the posters in this thread to talk about him suddenly thinking of retiring...

Why? Because we love to speculate. :laugh:

I don't recall if this came from media musings or just idle chatter on the boards, but there has been speculation for some time that this contract might be Buff's last and he would retire at the end of it. If that was his plan (note that I'm saying if), and he saw the team heading on a bit of a rebuild over the next season or two, I can see where he might think it's just not worth the toll each season takes on his body with only a slim chance at getting another Cup.

And just going by what little has been said by the team (Buff's fine, his family is fine but there is no timeline for his return), that would be in keeping with him taking some time off to consider his future. Or it could be something else entirely. We don't know, so we speculate. And as long as it's understood that's all we're doing, no harm, no foul in that.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Last year's rumours? I have no idea what the hell you people are talking about. It's a high ankle sprain and Big Buff will be 100% healed by October 2nd.

Reactions: Jets 31

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
It's possible Buff's heart wasn't in it so TNSE told him to take some time off to think about things. It's possible TNSE is waiting on Buff's decision on whether he wants to keep playing.

Where are you getting this from though?

Just because one scenario is “possible” (because anything is possible in theory) doesn’t really mean that it warrants talking about it so much to the point that it spirals into a rumour that people start believing...

Reactions: Hobby Bull

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Maurice categorized it as "nothing sinister" and "He needs some time to work through some things. He's going to be fine, everything's fine."

Chevy said there's not issues with his family, everybody is fine. Paraphrasing that.

That's the official words on it. Maybe he is going to retire.

Why do you think he’s maybe going to retire?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Why? Because we love to speculate. :laugh:

I don't recall if this came from media musings or just idle chatter on the boards, but there has been speculation for some time that this contract might be Buff's last and he would retire at the end of it. If that was his plan (note that I'm saying if), and he saw the team heading on a bit of a rebuild over the next season or two, I can see where he might think it's just not worth the toll each season takes on his body with only a slim chance at getting another Cup.

And just going by what little has been said by the team (Buff's fine, his family is fine but there is no timeline for his return), that would be in keeping with him taking some time off to consider his future. Or it could be something else entirely. We don't know, so we speculate. And as long as it's understood that's all we're doing, no harm, no foul in that.
I'd tell you to bite your tongue but your not talking so bite your fingers , HARD . :laugh:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Where are you getting this from though?

Just because one scenario is “possible” (because anything is possible in theory) doesn’t really mean that it warrants talking about it so much to the point that it spirals into a rumour that people start believing...

Jesus dude, what exactly do you think this board's raison d'etre is? It's people talking, sharing ideas. If idle chit-chat spirals into a rumour in your mind, maybe the problem is on the receiving end. Just sayin'...

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006

Isn't that what the summer is for?

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Why do you think he’s maybe going to retire?

Just speculation that since it's not a family related matter and the timing of it. It's that time of year. Getting back to the rink. Maybe he's just not feeling it anymore. I remember reading some reporter last year (not an hfboards poster) that Byfuglien was kind of sick of dealing with injuries. I'll try finding it.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

boanst

May 25, 2013
Just speculation that since it's not a family related matter and the timing of it. It's that time of year. Getting back to the rink. Maybe he's just not feeling it anymore. I remember reading some reporter last year (not an hfboards poster) that Byfuglien was kind of sick of dealing with injuries. I'll try finding it.
I read that as him sick of not being able to be in games.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Maybe Andrew Luck was an inspiration to him. There's much more to life than sports, and if you can afford it, retirement gives you all the time in the world to explore those things. Like sitting at a computer for hours a day chatting on a hockey board. Woo, living the dream. :nod:

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Well, we sure weren't able to savour the good feelings/optimism after the Morrisey signing for very long. :(

Our defence without Buff is kind of scary. Hope it's nothing too bad. Whatever ultimately happens, I wish Buff well. He's become one of my favourite Jets as I've followed the team.

Reactions: Jets 31 and jetswin

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Buff retiring would open up almost $8 million in cap room, but unfortunately there's no one out there now to spend it on who could replace him. Can Wheeler play D?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Well, we sure weren't able to savour the good feelings/optimism after the Morrisey signing for very long. :(

Our defence without Buff is kind of scary. Hope it's nothing too bad. Whatever ultimately happens, I wish Buff well. He's become one of my favourite Jets as I've followed the team.
Our defense WITH buff is kinda scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad