Value of: Dustin Brown

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
What kind of return would LA want for him? Looking at him as a fit for Chicago. Who else would be interested?

If Chicago is going to make a playoff run, it might be a good fit. We have cap space from Seabrook going on LTIR and we need a right shot, especially on PP1. Basically looking at him to replace Andrew Shaw if Shaw is out for the season.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Blake has openly and repeatedly stated to the players and publicly that the tear down was complete. He's told Friedman that (on 2/22) and more recently Bernstein's sources confirmed the kings are not going to add.

To get past that hurdle would require Brown to ask to be traded or for a significant overpayment. I imagine Blake would not want to be perceived to have lied to his players. It would have to be worth it for him to do so.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Kings are in a playoff race I don't see us trading our top goal scorer this year. Looking at a massive over payment for us to think about it. Not worth continuing this conversation

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
probably wont be moved since he'll probably retire a king. for discussion sake at the deadline, 1st and chicagos best d propect.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If Brown wants to leave and the Kings can get a first round pick, sure let's do it. Otherwise I don't see a point.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
He was 19 on The Athletic's trade board so I thought it was fair to ask.

I don't have the athletic. Since that's the case, I will say it was fair to ask about what the kings would be needing. A lot of posters go straight to offering a bag of pucks (pre-owned) or say their team would take him as a cap dump for vilardi.

:thumbu:

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
What kind of return would LA want for him? Looking at him as a fit for Chicago. Who else would be interested?

If Chicago is going to make a playoff run, it might be a good fit. We have cap space from Seabrook going on LTIR and we need a right shot, especially on PP1. Basically looking at him to replace Andrew Shaw if Shaw is out for the season.

Your premise is Brown is a good pickup for a team (Chicago) for a possible playoff push.

FYI, LA is looking to make a possible playoff push, although we may stand pat on the acquisitions and let our youngsters fill in gaps. The exception may be a LHD.

Given his current ability and actual pay amount, plus his history as leader and playoff performer, Brown is a significant asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad