Value of: Duncan Keith at the draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I was wondering what Keiths value would be at the time of the draft? Although I think he retires as a hawk, I wonder what people would offer. I don't think he's a number 1 dman after this year, but I do think he could be a solid number 2 or elite number 3.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Don’t see teams lining up to trade for a 34 year old signed until he is 39 at 5,5M with serious cap recapture penalty if he retires early. As great as Keith has been and as good as he still is, doubt he’s going to age like Chara.

Also, trade draft?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Don’t see teams lining up to trade for a 34 year old signed until he is 39 at 5,5M with serious cap recapture penalty if he retires early. As great as Keith has been and as good as he still is, doubt he’s going to age like Chara.

Also, trade draft?
That penalty only hurts the Hawks, not the team that acquires him.

Why the idea of trading him is silly unless its a clear way worth the later downsides like the Subban deal Nashville got.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

Also, trade draft?

Keith actual salary going forward is actually lower than the Cap hit. So the team that trades for him don't need to worry about the recapture penalty. You only need to worry about it the salary is higher than the Cap hit.

Reactions: stl76

PensRedwings2887

Dec 1, 2010
While I highly doubt Keith will be moved, if he was my guess is Chitown would be asking for a 1st, prospect, and roster player

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Keith for Lucic straight up.

5 more years is pretty risky for a player that turns 35 in a few months but so is 5 more years of a soon to be 30 year old power forward.

I don't see them trading Keith, I don't think he would have a ton of value because of his age and cap hit.

There are also the concerns of cap recapture penalties if they were to move him and he retires early.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
While I highly doubt Keith will be moved, if he was my guess is Chitown would be asking for a 1st, prospect, and roster player
I'm a hawks fan and I'd say that's a lot for him. If it's a late first and an average prospect, I think that would be a very good deal for the hawks.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Keith for Lucic straight up.

5 more years is pretty risky for a player that turns 35 in a few months but so is 5 more years of a soon to be 30 year old power forward.

I don't see them trading Keith, I don't think he would have a ton of value because of his age and cap hit.

There are also the concerns of cap recapture penalties if they were to move him and he retires early.

Lucic has negative value.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

Also, trade draft?
Bergevin's ears are burning, he traded 2 x 2nds for Shaw, our 1st rounder might be at risk for Keith if someone doesn't take him away from the controls

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
If LA didn’t already have Dion I would want them in on Keith. I still think he is a great player. Hoping he has a resurgence next year.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Keith will rebound, he's way too good to regress this hard. He'll be a solid steady guy if he has a partner that is not Oesterle or Franson lol.

He'll be good into his late 30s like Lidstrom/Chara.

thesaadfather

Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Jesus the offers in this thread. Keith was the only Dman playing at a level worthy of top 4 minutes on a godawful Hawks team this year. The Hawks are looking to rebound next year, so trading him makes no sense, especially for the offers of futures (even if they are nice pieces) or straight up trash in this thread.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
I was wondering what Keiths value would be at the time of the draft? Although I think he retires as a hawk, I wonder what people would offer. I don't think he's a number 1 dman after this year, but I do think he could be a solid number 2 or elite number 3.

Habs could offer Alzner, Chicago's second, Montreal's 2019 1st, Shaw, McCarron and Cale Fleury for Keith and Anisimov.

It opens up comparable cap options to still chase Tavares, gives us a 2C, and helps solve our LD problem.

Shaw and Alzner are flippable assets, and DeBrincat seems ready to play 2C behind Toews. If they decided to keep either player, Alzner is definitely a player who makes their roster, and Shaw is known and loved in Chicago, similarly to how they brought back Saad to rekindle that flame, bringing back Shaw could be big for morale and grit on the roster. McCarron and Fleury are two young players, and they get two solid picks.

If Habs could get Tavares, they would be lethal.

Patches/Tavares/Gallagher
Galchenyuk/Anisimov/Drouin
Lehkonen/Danault/One of Zadina/Svechnikov/Tkachuk
Deslauriers/Hudon/Byron

Keith/Weber
Mete/Petry
Reilly/Juulsen

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Habs could offer Alzner, Chicago's second, Montreal's 2019 1st, Shaw, McCarron and Cale Fleury for Keith and Anisimov.

It opens up comparable cap options to still chase Tavares, gives us a 2C, and helps solve our LD problem.

Shaw and Alzner are flippable assets, and DeBrincat seems ready to play 2C behind Toews. If they decided to keep either player, Alzner is definitely a player who makes their roster, and Shaw is known and loved in Chicago, similarly to how they brought back Saad to rekindle that flame, bringing back Shaw could be big for morale and grit on the roster. McCarron and Fleury are two young players, and they get two solid picks.

Deslauriers/Hudon/Byron

Keith/Weber
Mete/Petry
Reilly/Juulsen

Debrincat isn't a Center.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Chicago would be fools not to take a first round pick for getting rid of one of the worst contracts. :laugh:
How is it one of the worst contracts? From what I’ve heard he still plays as a 1D. It’s only a cap hit of 5.5 million and actual dollars is lower then that.

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'd give a 1st and an average-to-decent prospect from the Leafs.
I think he might get a 2nd wind playing for a young team and although the terms isn't great, his cap hit is fine.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

Deslauriers/Hudon/Byron

Keith/Weber
Mete/Petry
Reilly/Juulsen

Hahaha. Get out.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Hawks fans how a Subban-Weber type swap, Brodie for Keith, Hawks downgrade but upgrade in the future if they chooseto resign Brodie in two years, Flames upgrade now and downgrade in the future with the older declining Keith.
Fair swap?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Can we get some actual facts in this thread? I thought his recapture penalty was a 4m cap hit for 1 year to the Hawks should he retire before hitting 38 or 39.

And 5.5m is not even close to the worst contract in the league, especially with the cap going up next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad