GDT: Ducks @ Predators 10.22 5pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Dump, chase....lose possession

dump, chase....lose possession

Don't bother making adjustments though, coach

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
i give this team 20 mins. to figure it out and if not either BB is gone or players are gone...this team is in BIG trouble....they look like they dont know what they or anyone else is supposed to be doing on the ice and are scared to go to the dirty area's....this looks like the team that shows up in game 7's but have been doing it all year....hagelin, cogliano, sekac seem to be not slotted very well, and horcoff and stewart look like they have no bussiness playing in the NHL

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
So you think Khudobin is a better goalie than Andersen? Just come right out and say it if that's what you think. Put your nuts on the line like everyone else has on this issue
What are you talking about? Don't talk to me like that or tell me what to do. I don't care how upset you are in the moment.

I've made clear that I don't mind Khudobin getting the start tonight, the thing you're upset about, and that Freddie is the better goalie overall has nothing to do with that. The comment was about one goal you were reacting to and Freddie's tendency to give up those same goals.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
It really looks like they have completely tuned BB out. They just don't even skate hard. Couple that with the mental fortitude of a 4 year old and you have ducks hockey this year.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal

dump, chase....lose possession

Don't bother making adjustments though, coach

Dump and chase wouldn't be terrible if the players were actually on the same page. I don't know what you call what the forwards are doing out there.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It really looks like they have completely tuned BB out. They just don't even skate hard. Couple that with the mental fortitude of a 4 year old and you have ducks hockey this year.

Even if they haven't... getting off to a really bad start can be the difference between making the playoffs and missing them. This isn't one or two players, it's everyone, and arguably systemic.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
What are you talking about? Don't talk to me like that or tell me what to do. I don't care how upset you are in the moment.

I've made clear that I don't mind Khudobin getting the start tonight, the thing you're upset about, and that Freddie is the better goalie overall has nothing to do with that. The comment was about one goal you were reacting to and Freddie's tendency to give up those same goals.

The comment I posted was sarcasm about people suggesting that Khudobin should get more starts than Andersen because Freddie let in a couple soft one's (other than that he's been great)

The point is, we have plenty of evidence that shows Andersen is a better NHL starter than Khudobin. Yet Boudreau is banishing Andersen to a backup role, and has brainwashed half the fanbase into thinking it might be a good call. It's really weird to play the worse goalie in back-to-back games when injuries aren't a factor. Looking at Boudreau's track record with goalies though, it's not surprising

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Getzlaf looks like his out of shape. Maybe he couldn't train enough?

Well, that's another issue. If he needed surgery in the off-season, he needed surgery. I have no idea if that's the case, but if he wasn't able to train how is that any better than having surgery and needing to rehab it?

I'm not a doctor, and I'm not going to pretend I know better, but I'll be peeved if we find out this is some kind of nagging issue that he could have gotten taken care of in the off-season.

duxfever

Mar 29, 2009
Orange, CA
Getzlaf looks like his out of shape. Maybe he couldn't train enough?

Getzlaf has never seemed like the train hard type of guy. He seems like an all talent guy. That's going to be ugly when his body breaks down and his skills erode.

Our best players suck right now. Bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad