Ducks & Kings to Unveil New Logos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
According to Icethetics, the same:

The Ducks have had the shittiest uniforms in the league the last two decades for no reason. I think these new uniforms are gonna look great, I'm excited to see them, but like...you're still trying to find good branding 30 years in, even though you have internationally-recognized IP, complete with unique colors, sitting in your back pocket if you just Wear the Stupid Movie Jerseys?

They're a company, they do the research, maybe they find that selling a whole new look to every member of their existing fanbase is more valuable than leveraging the wider recognizability of the original branding (even now that 90s kids are parents and its nostalgia cycle is peaking). I hope the template is good and unique, though. I really like the stuff they put out in their second little teaser tweet.

I think I've talked myself into being offended by this though--by the Ducks and their indecision about who they are and by the Flyers letting their brand get so weak that a team would even feel comfortable trying to forge its identity using that exact color. Ed Snider would've sued or blown up someone's car if he were alive :laugh:

Oh by the way I also think the Lightning look stupid as shit wearing Red Wings jerseys in Leafs colors. Literally infinite color combinations and uniform design opportunities and these dumb sports teams can't figure it out.
the bruins cried to the league when the penguins changed from light blue to yellow/black

Reactions: Rich Nixon

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Really?

Like, actually really? You think those are good in any way?

View attachment 883921

They were a muddled pile of three zillion things going on, none of them good. The black and grey didn't have much contrast. They floated on the purple rather than adjoining each other, so they blended into the background rather than standing out. The black didn't provide a very strong contrast with the purple either, so what you got was a mushed together pile of weak, dull elements that blur together even close up and far, far too many of them. Nobody could decided what the logo should be, so they slapped a bunch of ideas into a big crest thing. The "LA" on their logo wasn't enough, so they added a giant crotch wordmark- that era of the kings being the only time anyone's ever done that for very good reason. It was godawful and ugly.

I suppose it was considerate of them to add a bib for the messy eaters, though.

Seriously, that Kings uniform was one of the worst ever worn in the NHL. Burger King and Wild Wing included. Those at least were fun.

I agree with a lot of your critiques but for me the fact that it’s a purple primary (and I particularly love the shade of purple they used) makes up for all of it. The only thing that is truly unforgivable to me is the collar.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Really?

Like, actually really? You think those are good in any way?

View attachment 883921

They were a muddled pile of three zillion things going on, none of them good. The black and grey didn't have much contrast. They floated on the purple rather than adjoining each other, so they blended into the background rather than standing out. The black didn't provide a very strong contrast with the purple either, so what you got was a mushed together pile of weak, dull elements that blur together even close up and far, far too many of them. Nobody could decided what the logo should be, so they slapped a bunch of ideas into a big crest thing. The "LA" on their logo wasn't enough, so they added a giant crotch wordmark- that era of the kings being the only time anyone's ever done that for very good reason. It was godawful and ugly.

I suppose it was considerate of them to add a bib for the messy eaters, though.

Seriously, that Kings uniform was one of the worst ever worn in the NHL. Burger King and Wild Wing included. Those at least were fun.
primary colour and logo are great, everything else about that jersey is insane. WTF is up with th e grey around the neck collar? thats the ugliest collar ive ever seen.

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
1718736751597.png

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Think it's AI because of the gloved fingers

Not sure I understand why they would force the orange when purple/teal combo is a much more iconic and timeless interpretation of the Mighty Ducks.
The owners like the orange county community connection.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
eww

don't like the orange yoke with no trim around it, looks too plain and the stripes on the bottom should be angled up like the OG. The Orange jersey looks like the ALT from a few years ago, Logo somehow looks more cartoony than the Disney logo with the sticks looking like duck feet.

Hardly a rebrand. Duck keep getting it wrong.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Is it the same? Hoping they release some more sneaks. But if it is similar, eh, it happens. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hey, At least it’s not like these two.
When they play each other, it sometimes looks like an intersquad scrimmage when the screen is small enough

View attachment 883768
Don't remind us. Last time I was in Tampa a Lightning fan asked why I was cheering for the wrong team when the Leafs scored (I was wearing a Matthews jersey, too).

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I feel like they should rebrand to the 'Orange County Oranges of Orange County'

Don't you worry, though, that people might get them confused with a team playing in one of the seven other Orange Counties in the US? Need to add an "of California" at the end there. Maybe "Orange County Oranges of Orange County, California (US State)" to distinguish from other US and international municipalities also named California, as well.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
I’m not the best at these, so please don’t judge so harshly. 😂

But, I took a stab slapping on elements of past Kings jerseys on to the “Chevy” logo since they are reported to be going back to that design. I used the prototype from 1967 and 2021 Reverse retro as basis for inspiration.

09F3CB5C-3137-40AA-9A3E-2397D3F47FEF.png

DBABE128-A829-46A4-A1E0-716EAE35D148.jpeg

Reactions: SirJW

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I love 'em! KISS approach, really. The logo everyone loves, updated and tweaked to work with the current colors. And personally, I love the orange, and IMO it really makes sense for Orange County.

I don't see how you could hate these on their own merits. If you were dead set on a return to the teal and eggplant, sure, it's not the direction you wanted, but they're clean jerseys without any WTF piping or weird blocks of colors that make no sense, and a return to the logo they never should have abandoned.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Every time I see the thread name my dyslexia thinks it’s “DraftKings” are updating their logo :laugh:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Would love the Purple(forum Blue) and (Yellow)Gold with the re-done Kings Logo and not the Queen's crown ...plus a big No to the Chevy design It reminds me of that crook McNall and yes to the stripes(broad and thin)down the Shoulders really adds to the overall look in the White sweater(Jersey)

Attachments

• 0041219_nhl-los-angeles-kings-starter-holiday-sweater-starter_580__56446.jpg
    0041219_nhl-los-angeles-kings-starter-holiday-sweater-starter_580__56446.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 2
  • kingsalternate.jpg
    kingsalternate.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 107611167_original.jpg
    107611167_original.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 8f9655873449290606257bd755dbfd1b.jpg
    8f9655873449290606257bd755dbfd1b.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2
  • d72c30c86f1ebca7fd77e6bab1d62174.jpg
    d72c30c86f1ebca7fd77e6bab1d62174.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Omni Owl

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I’m not the best at these, so please don’t judge so harshly. 😂

But, I took a stab slapping on elements of past Kings jerseys on to the “Chevy” logo since they are reported to be going back to that design. I used the prototype from 1967 and 2021 Reverse retro as basis for inspiration.

View attachment 884021

View attachment 884022
Love the colours but the chevy logo with the tiny Kings crown doesn't put the fear into Oppoents as large more aggressive one does...though it could work as a shoulder patch unless a sponsor has dibs on that in the Future...who knows with Uncle Buttcrack Bettman cause everything if for sale

Reactions: DrandonBudinsky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad