Post-Game Talk: Ducks 3, Canucks 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
its quite frankly, embarrassing, and clearly a ploy to prop up Benning assests.

Ding ding ding.

Been a consistent pattern since day 1 with these guys. Same reason Miller starts every game.

The icetime for the Horvat line tonight was a complete joke given their recent play. How on earth does Burrows only get 12 minutes?

Meanwhile Sutter at 20 minutes yet again and now up to a chewy -13.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
WD saying he wanted to 4th line to play more is absolutely ridiculous.

Then saying he probably should have given Horvat more icetime... Does he not know he was the one controlling the icetime?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i didn't notice sbisa much all game, in a good way. also didn't notice larsen much after the first goal. which is weird because larsen ended up playing 2 minutes more than tryamkin did.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
i didn't notice sbisa much all game, in a good way. also didn't notice larsen much after the first goal. which is weird because larsen ended up playing 2 minutes more than tryamkin did.

Sbisa is playing some confident hockey these days.

I can't remember who but somebody at the break mentioned that Sbisa was seeing a sports psychologist which would absolutely explain why his play has become a lot more stable as opposed to the typical avalanche of mistakes we are used to seeing.

Too bad these idiots didn't figure this out BEFORE they gave him his raise.

:shakehead

Have I told you how I hate being a training wheel team for a n00b manager?

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Time to think about firing the President GM and the coach IMHO

Make Bowie a Assistant Captian and play him on the first PP unit

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Kinda have to wonder about something being up with the entire 2nd intermission dedicated to talking up Sbisa and then he's randomly named 2nd star in a game where he did ... nothing that I can recall. Some kind of directive from the Canucks to pump this player's tires? For what purpose?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Then saying he probably should have given Horvat more icetime... Does he not know he was the one controlling the icetime?

It's not the first time he's said things like this, it's pretty funny.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

I appreciate you giving a summary of what he said because I can't listen to him. My doctor told me not to. any other noteworthy dumb comments from him?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Kinda have to wonder about something being up with the entire 2nd intermission dedicated to talking up Sbisa and then he's randomly named 2nd star in a game where he did ... nothing that I can recall. Some kind of directive from the Canucks to pump this player's tires? For what purpose?

It would seem that way, yes.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Canucks had no business being in that game late. Lots of rope a dope and good deal of luck saw them through much of the game. Depressing part is the youth (especially on defense) on the Ducks. When the Sedins are gone that Anaheim team might lay some horrific beatings on us.

Game revealed how deep and prolonged any rebuild (if it is ever actually pursued) is going to have to be.

Stecher continues to be very impressive. Rest of the defense pretty average. Larsen continues to look weak.

Sedins best of the forwards. Thought Baertschi and Horvat were also good. Rest look like the plumbers and fringe NHLers that most of them are.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Canucks had no business being in that game late. Lots of rope a dope and good deal of luck saw them through much of the game. Depressing part is the youth (especially on defense) on the Ducks. When the Sedins are gone that Anaheim team might lay some horrific beatings on us.

Game revealed how deep and prolonged any rebuild (if it is ever actually pursued) is going to have to be.

Stecher continues to be very impressive. Rest of the defense pretty average. Larsen continues to look weak.

Sedins best of the forwards. Thought Baertschi and Horvat were also good. Rest look like the plumbers and fringe NHLers that most of them are.

Never seen such a "I give up" post game report from you, ever.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Horvat had such little ice time tonight so they can slow down his scoring.

If his scoring slows down they can sign him to a better deal.

Thats my theory :sarcasm:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Ding ding ding.

Been a consistent pattern since day 1 with these guys. Same reason Miller starts every game.

The icetime for the Horvat line tonight was a complete joke given their recent play. How on earth does Burrows only get 12 minutes?

Listening to Willie on the post-game show, he seems genuinely surprised when the press guys point out the disparity in ice-times for guys like Horvat....I don't think he has a clue how the ice-times work out over a 60-minute game....Earth to the Canucks...it's a home game....you get the last change....isn't there some way of getting the Sedins away from Kesler, or forcing a better match-up and more minutes for your leading scorer?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Horvat had such little ice time tonight so they can slow down his scoring.

If his scoring slows down they can sign him to a better deal.

Thats my theory :sarcasm:

as much as we joke about this what other reason is there that makes any sense? Is Willie actually mentally ********? I find that hard to believe.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
WD is the dumbest coach the Canucks have had in a while... like real dumb.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I mean it is beating a dead horse -- WD's decisions are questionable at best and abhorrent at the worst. I expected the score to be worse than it was, so I guess that's a positive.

At the end of the day it's one more hack at the tree truck that is WD's NHL career. I feel bad in a weird way because he does seem like a nice guy but it's clear that he can't adapt or understand fundamentals required to do his job. As crap as this team is the roster is better than their record if he would just play players in somewhat of a logical fashion.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006

Yeah, +/- obviously has major issues as a stat, but you can't help but notice that the Canucks' two big defensive oriented players who they paid a big price for in Sutter and Gudbranson are tied for the 3rd worst +/- in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad